Dan Sartain

Your Turntable's Not Dead
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Re: Dan Sartain

Post by HappyDad »

New US tour dates announced including a mini California tour ! go there.
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

Dallas and New York dates added ! See here.
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

Voo-Doo (the song from Dan Sartain Lives) appears on the free CD sampler that comes with the french Rock & Folk magazine.

If someone is interested by having a copy of this, PM me !
--> JUST HERE
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

If you find a CD sampler in a magazine that contains a Dan Sartain song, please send me the artwork and the tracklist to add it to the Dan Sartain Discography.

--> JUST HERE
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

Genealogy of a song, today, the story of Voo-doo.
--> JUST HERE
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

Very cool new Dan Sartain interview.
--> JUST HERE
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

A diagram in order to help you to know on which records you can find the old Dan Sartain songs can be found here.
--> JUST HERE
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

Complete artwork and tracklist of Crimson Guard, the first Dan Sartain self-released vinyl-only LP. Enjoy here.
--> JUST HERE
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

New Dan Sartain interview here.
--> JUST HERE
brabo
Little Bird

Post by brabo »

Thanks for keeping me up to date on Dan's stuff. I really dig it. Just picked up the split and the Hungry End due to your link on your blog. Check his blog out, great info and other stuff! What is up with Fat Possum is Legal Mess a subsidiary?
JoseyWales
Little Acorn

Post by JoseyWales »

HappyDad wrote:New Dan Sartain interview here.
This was odd to read.

IRR – Now back in the day you toured with the White Stripes. What was Jack white like?

DS – Uhm, that was weird man. I mean they knew that it was a privilege for us to be on that tour. And yeah, they were aware that anybody at my level or any level for that matter could use that tour. I mean Alice Cooper is great, and he could have played in front of that many people and he’s been doing it since the 60s. It was a privilege to go and do that, but they knew it. It was like “Ooh, wow, we know that we can be replaced at the drop of a hat if we don’t do every little thing right”. It was totally hospitable though.

IRR – Really? Because the few things I have seen of him, he looks pretty pompous.

DS – Uhm. Off the record, I hate that fucking guy. Off the record I fucking hate that guy. He was totally pompous.

IRR – Ok don’t worry, that won’t go on the record.

DS – Fuck it man, I don’t care. I don’t care. I got nothing to lose at this point. That guy was a fucking jerk and I am sick of pussyfooting around. I mean you assume that you are a nice cool guy but than people take it the wrong way. And people might really like him but they didn’t walk a mile in my shoes. And he was a fucking dick. That man is uncool.
I mean when he is cool, he’s cool as fuck. He writes good songs, he sings good, he’s got good taste in musical equipment so what the fuck man? I know lots of friends that do, and they aren’t assholes. Fuck it. I don’t know. People been asking those questions and I keep saying he’s hospitable. And its true, we got fed, we got everything we needed. But you know, I didn’t feel like I walked away with any friends because of it. No, that dudes a dick.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

JoseyWales wrote:
This was odd to read.

IRR – Now back in the day you toured with the White Stripes. What was Jack white like?

DS – Uhm, that was weird man. I mean they knew that it was a privilege for us to be on that tour. And yeah, they were aware that anybody at my level or any level for that matter could use that tour. I mean Alice Cooper is great, and he could have played in front of that many people and he’s been doing it since the 60s. It was a privilege to go and do that, but they knew it. It was like “Ooh, wow, we know that we can be replaced at the drop of a hat if we don’t do every little thing right”. It was totally hospitable though.

IRR – Really? Because the few things I have seen of him, he looks pretty pompous.

DS – Uhm. Off the record, I hate that fucking guy. Off the record I fucking hate that guy. He was totally pompous.

DS – Fuck it man, I don’t care. I don’t care. I got nothing to lose at this point. That guy was a fucking jerk and I am sick of pussyfooting around. I mean you assume that you are a nice cool guy but than people take it the wrong way. And people might really like him but they didn’t walk a mile in my shoes. And he was a fucking dick. That man is uncool.
I mean when he is cool, he’s cool as fuck. He writes good songs, he sings good, he’s got good taste in musical equipment so what the fuck man? I know lots of friends that do, and they aren’t assholes. Fuck it. I don’t know. People been asking those questions and I keep saying he’s hospitable. And its true, we got fed, we got everything we needed. But you know, I didn’t feel like I walked away with any friends because of it. No, that dudes a dick.
He's gotta be taking the piss
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

[quote="]
He's gotta be taking the piss[/quote]

Why? that's pretty much how he comes across in UGWNL & NKHTTTC. :lol:
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

love_islander wrote:
JoseyWales wrote:
This was odd to read.

He's gotta be taking the piss
somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

Pictures and poster from the 23th July show at The Nick in Birmingham.
--> JUST HERE