Grimtale Records

Get in on the ground floor...
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Re: Grimtale Records

Post by dylnfan »

anonymousbrunette wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:49 pm These have lost zero personal value to me. Don't know what you're talking about.
:clap:
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

dylnfan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:09 am
anonymousbrunette wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:49 pm These have lost zero personal value to me. Don't know what you're talking about.
The ones with personal value yeah. But look at how many people made FS and ISO lists that were like ISO Grim009, there was so little personal value on most of the releases that people wouldn't bother to put band names in there. Just check lists of collectors trying to catch them all. While not all of you hit that mode, I know many people did. Paid silly money for some of the releases and then lost interest later. So yes 3 of the releases of great personal value to me and won't leave the collection.... the rest were like pokemon and the fad has passed
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Hasn't this been the case with every indie label releases? I don't think the phenomenon you are describing is unique to Grimtale, I think its indicative of the whole vinyl/indie/limited edition craze we have all gone through the past few years. No different than TMR or any other indie label I've followed.
I am everything you hate...
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

^Hi Mark, hope you are doing well.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Well... at the age of 49, I recently had a major heart attack. Life changing event for sure. Other than that, rockin!
Mark
I am everything you hate...
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Grimtale wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:58 pm Well... at the age of 49, I recently had a major heart attack. Life changing event for sure. Other than that, rockin!
Mark
:shock: Oh, wow! Glad you're still kicking!
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Grimtale wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:47 pm Hasn't this been the case with every indie label releases? I don't think the phenomenon you are describing is unique to Grimtale, I think its indicative of the whole vinyl/indie/limited edition craze we have all gone through the past few years. No different than TMR or any other indie label I've followed.
I agree this has happened with lots of labels over the last few years. TMR is an excellent example as we can all see how Dead Swirl is here in general. But yeah I think once any label shutters its doors and stops releasing new stuff it often really hurts the market. But again thats not just this hobby, for instance I collect art work by Olly Moss and as he has changed career paths and stopped making print art it has really put a damper on the demand for his previous worker that at one time (similar to grimtale releases) was very in demand. But once again with both his stuff, the best and brightest pieces still are very much in demand, its the lesser pieces that people wanted just for the "whole set" that dropped.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Stl_ben wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:20 pm
Grimtale wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:47 pm Hasn't this been the case with every indie label releases? I don't think the phenomenon you are describing is unique to Grimtale, I think its indicative of the whole vinyl/indie/limited edition craze we have all gone through the past few years. No different than TMR or any other indie label I've followed.
I agree this has happened with lots of labels over the last few years. TMR is an excellent example as we can all see how Dead Swirl is here in general. But yeah I think once any label shutters its doors and stops releasing new stuff it often really hurts the market. But again thats not just this hobby, for instance I collect art work by Olly Moss and as he has changed career paths and stopped making print art it has really put a damper on the demand for his previous worker that at one time (similar to grimtale releases) was very in demand. But once again with both his stuff, the best and brightest pieces still are very much in demand, its the lesser pieces that people wanted just for the "whole set" that dropped.
I thought Swirl declined because a few assholes made it a pretty unpleasant place for a while and someone decided to create a Facebook cult that while saccharine and vapid seemed more appealing than hanging out with a bunch of cranky collectors. But I could be wrong.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

anonymousbrunette wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:34 pm
I thought Swirl declined because a few assholes made it a pretty unpleasant place for a while and someone decided to create a Facebook cult that while saccharine and vapid seemed more appealing than hanging out with a bunch of cranky collectors. But I could be wrong.
I would say that was for sure one reason it declined. Another being the old school fans have moved on. The biggest probably just being all message boards are dying. Facebook has killed them as its just so much more convenient for most people.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

<3
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

I would say that was for sure one reason it declined. Another being the old school fans have moved on. The biggest probably just being all message boards are dying. Facebook has killed them as its just so much more convenient for most people.

Yep.
Just what has that convenience REALLY done for the scene? Made it easier for every fucking nimrod to post insufferable after, after insufferable photo of whatever peppermint chotskies they come across at their local target or three things places in a fashion similar to the JW solo logo?
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

anonymousbrunette wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:34 pm I thought Swirl declined because a few assholes made it a pretty unpleasant place for a while and someone decided to create a Facebook cult that while saccharine and vapid seemed more appealing than hanging out with a bunch of cranky collectors. But I could be wrong.
You certainly have to be willing to take some abuse posting anything sincere here.

And my label is about to release three new records this year. They won't sell. I'll lose money. But fuck it. Why not?
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

shaneoftheroad wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:15 am
anonymousbrunette wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:34 pm I thought Swirl declined because a few assholes made it a pretty unpleasant place for a while and someone decided to create a Facebook cult that while saccharine and vapid seemed more appealing than hanging out with a bunch of cranky collectors. But I could be wrong.
You certainly have to be willing to take some abuse posting anything sincere here.

And my label is about to release three new records this year. They won't sell. I'll lose money. But fuck it. Why not?
Good luck Shane! Money doesn't give people and objects value. This is why TCGB is a nonprofit. The music has to get out there. Always release the music.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

anonymousbrunette wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:34 pm
Cranky collectors, my kind of peeps. :ugeek:

- Cmelo