Danger Limited Sound Recording Company

Get in on the ground floor...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Danger Limited Sound Recording Company

Post by rsimms3 »

dylnfan wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:They are! Haven't heard anything more about BJ #3 (which was supposed to come out in a few weeks about a month ago), but Jimmy and Erica are quite alive and well on their regular podcast.
I asked Erica about BJ#3 at the Vault Party and she said that they had everything lined up but weren't sure on an actual release. Think they're waiting to move more of #2. Of course, I had been drinking, so this sort may not be 100% accurate.
I read that first line and couldn't help but :lol:
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I talked to her at the party, too. She showed me a stack of about a dozen #2s that were left, but said that they were going to go ahead and release #3 before selling all of #2 because they're just plain tired of waiting. I told her we appreciated that 'cause we were, too.

Hah, we've had oodles of fun discussing Danger Limited BJs over at the LR ;)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Kali Durga wrote:Hah, we've had oodles of fun discussing Danger Limited BJs over at the LR ;)
BJs......
Um uh I mean....Any solid leads on who either of them have been yet?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

All I've been able to find out is that Jimmy did not sing on the first one. And he said that you should be able to figure it out if you're familiar with the Danger Limited stable of artists.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Kali Durga wrote:All I've been able to find out is that Jimmy did not sing on the first one. And he said that you should be able to figure it out if you're familiar with the Danger Limited stable of artists.
probably mentioned this before but Swank told me last year in Dinos but i was too drunk to remember!
Never trust a hippy
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Oh, and Swank's apparently already recorded his, I think, but it won't be released until 5 or 6.

Dammit, Dave, no more drinking for you if it means we're gonna miss out on vital info.
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Kali Durga wrote:Oh, and Swank's apparently already recorded his, I think, but it won't be released until 5 or 6.

Dammit, Dave, no more drinking for you if it means we're gonna miss out on vital info.
I was jetlagged too!
Never trust a hippy
CourtneyBlush
Little Cream Soda

Post by CourtneyBlush »

Anyone want to part with their number 1
"It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response."
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

rsimms3 wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:They are! Haven't heard anything more about BJ #3 (which was supposed to come out in a few weeks about a month ago), but Jimmy and Erica are quite alive and well on their regular podcast.
I asked Erica about BJ#3 at the Vault Party and she said that they had everything lined up but weren't sure on an actual release. Think they're waiting to move more of #2. Of course, I had been drinking, so this sort may not be 100% accurate.
I read that first line and couldn't help but :lol:
I know...I giggled a bit when I wrote it, thought about deleting, then promptly hit "submit." :D
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

what say you, danger limited?
where be #3? i've been mowing lawns and shining shoes, trying to save up my dough so that i can hand it over to you and black jesus.
eh?
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I'm glad to see someone else has been wondering about this. Grim mentioned in his thread that it's apparently on the way. But Danger LImited seems to be on a TMR-like schedule these days.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Does anybody have the track listings for the Staving Chain, Live R, and Heart Stoppin'?
I want to update discogs with them. Please post them so I can do it! Thanks!
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Talked to Erica, and they're still waiting to sell out of all the BJ2's before releasing #3.
Go ahead and buy another #2....for Black Jesus.

Hallelujah
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Jettkoral wrote:Talked to Erica, and they're still waiting to sell out of all the BJ2's before releasing #3.
Go ahead and buy another #2....for Black Jesus.

Hallelujah
Did they say how many are left?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Kali Durga wrote:I talked to her at the party, too. She showed me a stack of about a dozen #2s that were left, but said that they were going to go ahead and release #3 before selling all of #2 because they're just plain tired of waiting. I told her we appreciated that 'cause we were, too.
Jettkoral wrote:Talked to Erica, and they're still waiting to sell out of all the BJ2's before releasing #3.
I probably haven't been paying enough attention and have missed something, but are they doing anything to promote BJ#2 anymore? Erica
told me a year ago that they only had a handful left and were going to go ahead and put out #3 anyway. If there really are only a few, then they need to get on teh webz and promote the hell out of it to sell 'em. It almost seems like they don't really want to do this. Someone please tell me my impression is wrong.