2014 NYC Governors Ball

Worldwide - Since 2012
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: 2014 NYC Governors Ball

Post by Kali Durga »

Lookit y'all, being the voices of reason here ;)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

I do enjoy seeing JW live in small venues; open-air festivals don't thrill me one iota. That being said, I really won't feel any deep excitement until a new album is announced. I dunno . . . just not getting "the thrill" yet. There are some artists who release way too much music all the time, and others who take too long between single and LP releases. I wish JW would find a happier medium. April 2012 is way back in the rear-view mirror . . .
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Stuff like his teasing in Vault chat and this festival announcement put me on the verge of deep excitement but, yeah, I'm also holding out for concrete info before going over the edge. The adrenalin high is too exhausting to start on it now. That said, I feel in my gut that it's only a matter of time.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

I seen RATM at Rock the Bells fest in 2007 at Randells island. It was a mess to get into and out of. Only way in and out was bus service. Long, long wait to get out, prolly stood in line for 2 hours plus to get on bus, then an other hour on bus leaving the island to get to subway station drop off. It was hell waiting in line after being rocked to near death by Rage. Idenalin was pumping so hard, then wait in a sweaty line for 2 plus hours.
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

IamFrank007 wrote:I seen RATM at Rock the Bells fest in 2007 at Randells island. It was a mess to get into and out of. Only way in and out was bus service. Long, long wait to get out, prolly stood in line for 2 hours plus to get on bus, then an other hour on bus leaving the island to get to subway station drop off. It was hell waiting in line after being rocked to near death by Rage. Idenalin was pumping so hard, then wait in a sweaty line for 2 plus hours.
i was there, that show was insane
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

My wife called me very excited seconds after the tweet came out. She believes full blown tour. I love that she is as excited or even more so than me. Great to share a passion for one another and the same music ! I'm Lucky. I would love to go back to NY but preferably not to a festival. I saw the Rac's warm up at TMR, I was helping my Brother with his flooded house the night of the DW warm up at TMR. Did not get to go see Jack warm up. God I would love to get to see it this time. The Ryman was great but at TMR is the best !!!

I'm getting pumped I can't help it. If he plays a show in the United States with Neil Young ....I'm going. Either by debit card or credit card !!! I'm going. I so hope that happens.

Hell yeah, he is up to something. Wonder who his band will be, so many questions. I will leave ya'll to ponder all those questions. But, yeah I can't help it I'm excited as shit.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
thenewdeal
Little Cream Soda

Post by thenewdeal »

So psyched to go to this then realized day one is June 6, also my wife's due date :-D looks like I'll be passing, but here is hoping to a fun year of jw on the road
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

rsimms3 wrote:
hsp88 wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:I'm excited by that ^^, too, but won't be bouncing out of my seat until I see small GA venue dates. Then I'll get uncontrollably giddy.
ya we will have to wait and see for that, these big money festivals can pull artist out for one off type gigs. i hope he plays something smaller when hes in town but with riders on festival contracts and how they work he probably cant play a gig in the tri state area for a month surrounding the festival date. im hope im wrong tho
This. Look at the Racs "tour" a couple years ago. If there was more specific information related to his album I'd call this the first of many but without any specifics it looks like a one off type situation at this point.
I talked to someone who is usually in the know last week who said they hadn't heard anything about a tour yet. Who knows though, maybe I'm getting bad info.
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

thenewdeal wrote:So psyched to go to this then realized day one is June 6, also my wife's due date :-D looks like I'll be passing, but here is hoping to a fun year of jw on the road
Priorities, sir. She can have that baby at the show.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

bkramer10 wrote:
thenewdeal wrote:So psyched to go to this then realized day one is June 6, also my wife's due date :-D looks like I'll be passing, but here is hoping to a fun year of jw on the road
Priorities, sir. She can have that baby at the show.
They do usually have EMT's on site. Maybe the baby could be born while Jack is playing ...
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

higherlimits wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
hsp88 wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:I'm excited by that ^^, too, but won't be bouncing out of my seat until I see small GA venue dates. Then I'll get uncontrollably giddy.
ya we will have to wait and see for that, these big money festivals can pull artist out for one off type gigs. i hope he plays something smaller when hes in town but with riders on festival contracts and how they work he probably cant play a gig in the tri state area for a month surrounding the festival date. im hope im wrong tho
This. Look at the Racs "tour" a couple years ago. If there was more specific information related to his album I'd call this the first of many but without any specifics it looks like a one off type situation at this point.
I talked to someone who is usually in the know last week who said they hadn't heard anything about a tour yet. Who knows though, maybe I'm getting bad info.
I have found that even the people in the know don't always tell you the whole truth and nothing but the truth. :D
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

hsp88 wrote:
I really hope this isn't the case for The Strokes, I know this is a Jack White forum, but god damn the most exciting name on that bill to me is The Strokes. I hope they end up playing more shows or festivals. Just the thought of them playing again is making me remember seeing them headline Outside Lands an is getting me all jittery with excitement.
They're shows are way more crazier and fun than any Jack White show I saw, and would much rather see them.
I'm seriously considering trying to go to this. Never been to New York
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

hxcoliver wrote:
hsp88 wrote:
I really hope this isn't the case for The Strokes, I know this is a Jack White forum, but god damn the most exciting name on that bill to me is The Strokes. I hope they end up playing more shows or festivals. Just the thought of them playing again is making me remember seeing them headline Outside Lands an is getting me all jittery with excitement.
They're shows are way more crazier and fun than any Jack White show I saw, and would much rather see them.
I'm seriously considering trying to go to this. Never been to New York
+1
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Best festival lineup I've seen so far. If it wasn't in NYC and I didn't already have other musical obligations in June, I'd probably go. Mostly I'm just happy to see that Sleigh Bells, Jenny Lewis and hopefully JW will be on tour this spring/summer.
Stay Gold
Little Bird

Post by Stay Gold »

Since he actually has an album coming out at some point in the near future, I don't think this will be a 2011 Raconteurs type of mini tour.