2014 NYC Governors Ball

Worldwide - Since 2012
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

2014 NYC Governors Ball

Post by Kali Durga »

Watch this page, apparently we're going to see a name we know in the lineup when it's announced-- http://governorsballmusicfestival.com/
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
AJ123
Little Ghost

Re: 2014 NYC Governors Ball

Post by AJ123 »

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Has anyone here been to this festival? It sounds pretty chaotic, transportation-wise. Has anyone ever been able to sell two days out of their three-day pass?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

ive never been but this year looks like it will be my first. this lineup is better than most other festivals ive seen announced the past few days
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

from todays new york times
Copy of gov-ball-lineup-2014.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

I'm hoping for a warm up show at the Ryman. :)
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I would bet whatever warmup show he plays is gonna be at least a little ways before June.
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

hsp88 wrote:ive never been but this year looks like it will be my first. this lineup is better than most other festivals ive seen announced the past few days
IKR? This line up DOES NOT SUCK. I might just have to hit this one...
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

He's on the road again. This has made my day.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I'm excited by that ^^, too, but won't be bouncing out of my seat until I see small GA venue dates. Then I'll get uncontrollably giddy.
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

Getting my veins ready... Time to start main lining some JW tour adrenaline. It's very rare and hard to get.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Kali Durga wrote:I'm excited by that ^^, too, but won't be bouncing out of my seat until I see small GA venue dates. Then I'll get uncontrollably giddy.
ya we will have to wait and see for that, these big money festivals can pull artist out for one off type gigs. i hope he plays something smaller when hes in town but with riders on festival contracts and how they work he probably cant play a gig in the tri state area for a month surrounding the festival date. im hope im wrong tho
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I'm not limited to NYC. Schedule and finances allowing, I'll be at any GA gig I can drive to. And there are some that I'll splurge and fly to. Can't do as much flying this time around as I did on the Blunderbuss tour, though. But a 10 hour drive ain't no thing.
Last edited by Kali Durga on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

hsp88 wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:I'm excited by that ^^, too, but won't be bouncing out of my seat until I see small GA venue dates. Then I'll get uncontrollably giddy.
ya we will have to wait and see for that, these big money festivals can pull artist out for one off type gigs. i hope he plays something smaller when hes in town but with riders on festival contracts and how they work he probably cant play a gig in the tri state area for a month surrounding the festival date. im hope im wrong tho
This. Look at the Racs "tour" a couple years ago. If there was more specific information related to his album I'd call this the first of many but without any specifics it looks like a one off type situation at this point.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

hsp88 wrote:
jesus good point