Jack White Playing with Brendan Benson & Friends @ The Ryman

Worldwide - Since 2012
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Jack White Playing with Brendan Benson & Friends @ The R

Post by Kali Durga »

Set of photos found by the kids on Tumblr-- http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Jack+White ... U9OPRNdzcO
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
suttree
Little Cream Soda

Post by suttree »

One more taken by me. Howlin brothers were good. Somebody kept yelling "good job Brendan" lol.

http://instagram.com/p/iHOD-5ka5-/
<JackWhite> suttree: who doesn't love lillie mae?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

All those photos of Jack and Brendan warm my heart somethin' fierce. The two of them create some seriously magical sounds together.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Great review from Nashville Scene-- http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville ... man-121813 I have to admit that I've had trouble connecting with Brendan's music, but I love what he brings to the Raconteurs and it's very cool to see him do something like this so successfully.

How many of you Swirl folks who were there hauled ass down the aisle when Jack came out?
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

What an enjoyable show. Enjoy every second of it. Saw so many Swirlers and friends I have met over the years that it made my head spin. Great seeing everyone, sorry I don't hang out much afterwards, I go ahead and drive back to Bama to save on Hotels …$$$

I was in the 4th row but when Jack came out they let us crowd the stage. I was 3 feet from that Copper guitar !!!.

Loved Brendans choice of solo material, loved his Rolling Stones cover with Jacob Dylan. They said Brendan was fixing to put out an album with the Howling Brothers. You can tell Nashville is rubbing off on Jack and Brendan. Cruised the alley and got a quick picture with Allison and Jacob Dylan. Saw a bunch of other famous artist.

Just a blast all around fun. I love shows with a mix of musicians and music. The last show like that I saw at the Ryman was the tribute for Les Paul.

Good seeing everyone, hope you all have safe journeys home.

Just makes me want to see Brendan and Jack some more.

The person who receives the least credit is by far Mark Waltrous. Fantastic musician.

I took some shitty iPhone pictures, there are a lot of good pictures on the web.

Never saw the RRS at the Ryman so I guess it was only at TMR for a short while. Would like to get Kali a mason jar. No luck this time.

That's my report. Glad I sprung for VIP tickets, great show. Love being close.

The VIP tote has a cool poster in it and the rest was based around the Charity (DVD, T shirt, tote, book. The Hatch print was a different poster than the VIP Poster.

Love the Ryman and love that I knew so many people there. Great seeing new and old friends, sorry to those I missed.
Last edited by Alabama Woody on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Kali Durga wrote:Great review from Nashville Scene-- http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville ... man-121813 I have to admit that I've had trouble connecting with Brendan's music, but I love what he brings to the Raconteurs and it's very cool to see him do something like this so successfully.

How many of you Swirl folks who were there hauled ass down the aisle when Jack came out?
I flew from the 4th row to the stage like a bird …. The Ryman security was extremely nice.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Sounds like you were definitely smart to go VIP. Close-up is definitely the best place to be when Jack's on-stage.
Alabama Woody wrote:Never saw the RRS at the Ryman so I guess it was only at TMR for a short while. Would like to get Kali a mason jar. No luck this time.
Awwww, thanks :)
suttree
Little Cream Soda

Post by suttree »

Alabama Woody wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:Great review from Nashville Scene-- http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville ... man-121813 I have to admit that I've had trouble connecting with Brendan's music, but I love what he brings to the Raconteurs and it's very cool to see him do something like this so successfully.

I flew from the 4th row to the stage like a bird …. The Ryman security was extremely nice.
For real, my row e became row 1 1/2 pretty quick, lol. I don't know how we missed each other. Next time.
<JackWhite> suttree: who doesn't love lillie mae?
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

RRS was at TMR when I got there but it was closed. Still, I got a few shots of it in the parking lot with my View Master camera. :)
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Stereogum has a couple of videos from Youtube

http://www.stereogum.com/1609291/watch- ... ght/video/
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Just waitin' for video of Good To Me to show up...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

And here we go--

Is Jack wearing the Raconteurs belt buckle?
nestacat
Little Bird

Post by nestacat »

Kali Durga wrote:And here we go--

Is Jack wearing the Raconteurs belt buckle?
Yes. made me smile. you can see it clearly here.

[not my video...don't know this person]
http://instagram.com/p/iF29qOAuS2/#
nosce te ipsum
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Awwww shit, that's so cool!