Surprise Show?

Worldwide - Since 2012
frankb_2
Little Bird

Re: Surprise Show?

Post by frankb_2 »

Alabama Woody wrote:He did not say "write it in stone" he said he "heard" it. Thanks for sharing. Maybe it will come to be, too far away for me.

I don't see why everybody feels like they have to be a dick towards this "news". He could have not mentioned it. If it happens will ya make an apology thread?

Maybe it's bullshit, maybe it's not. But let's not be a total dick about it.

Welcome to the Swirl. Thick skin......required.
Thanks. They can hate all they want, its an opportunity I figured I would share.
"But if it's really good, you're gonna need a bigger room".
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Dunno whether my portion of the conversation came across as dick-ish or not, but when someone says that they heard a rumor, it kinda makes sense to me to ask for more details and then compare those details against other information that's out there. What frankb_2 was told sounds a bit vague and doesn't match up to the posted tour dates. So at this point, it's not corroborated. No hatred involved, just trying to feel out how accurate the situation might be.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
frankb_2
Little Bird

Post by frankb_2 »

Kali Durga wrote:Dunno whether my portion of the conversation came across as dick-ish or not, but when someone says that they heard a rumor, it kinda makes sense to me to ask for more details and then compare those details against other information that's out there. What frankb_2 was told sounds a bit vague and doesn't match up to the posted tour dates. So at this point, it's not corroborated. No hatred involved, just trying to feel out how accurate the situation might be.
No, your fine. I would be asking all the same questions. I don't have all the information either. Just telling you what I heard, and that is all I heard. And it was, I'm sure, a reputable source.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Surprise Show?

Post by Alabama Woody »

Kali Durga wrote:Dunno whether my portion of the conversation came across as dick-ish or not, but when someone says that they heard a rumor, it kinda makes sense to me to ask for more details and then compare those details against other information that's out there. What frankb_2 was told sounds a bit vague and doesn't match up to the posted tour dates. So at this point, it's not corroborated. No hatred involved, just trying to feel out how accurate the situation might be.
Your fine. I was sort of talking to Ben, hell the guy just joined the Swirl, let's not run him off !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
The Milkman
Little Cream Soda

Post by The Milkman »

Well being from Wisconsin, this would be awesome. Doubt it will happen but let me know if anything comes up.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

ISO: Jack White/Loretta Lynn Nashville Hatch Show Print Poster. 1/28
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

frankb_2 wrote:I was specifically told July. They are playing on a terrace over a lake. I said "I was hoping to see Jack here with you guys", and the response I got was "Hey, you should come to our show in Madison in July".
Sounds like the Aug 3 show, so the info is correct other than the month....anyone going to see if Jack shows up?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Well?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
kalasanty
Little Bird

Post by kalasanty »

sorry but :
- there are NO tour dates on Jack's website schedule
- there were no news even on rumor / hoax oriented websites about anything
- so I don't know what you wanted to compare it with

dude just said, that Pokey said, that Jack is up to playing suprise show on August 3rd, end of the story

other thing that makes me wonder is that he placed it in such an advance, like he's doing a full-on show not some kind of set that would look like the one on sxsw in 2011, he just grabbed acoustic guitar, played dead leaves and something else in front of a truck, even if he would have played something short with pokey for instance, he wouldn't have needed so much time ahead to rehearse with them few songs, he could have done that basically on any Pokey's tour date that suits him : one day before to get down all the chord changes, massive amount of drinks and then off you go on stage :D
so it sounds like a full on show with separate band, jamming and shit like that, still Im worried Im getting my hopes up too much
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Surprise Show?

Post by Alabama Woody »

Well? + 2
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I think jack may have other priorities this week.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
frankb_2
Little Bird

Post by frankb_2 »

Yesterday at the end of the show Pokey said that they are coming back near Madison in December in a "Beautiful" opera house. He went on to say: "That one is gonna be a great show". Is that generic band promotion? Probably, but I can only say what I've heard, just as I did before.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Surprise Show?

Post by Alabama Woody »

How was the show?
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
frankb_2
Little Bird

Post by frankb_2 »

Oh it was a great show! Pokey really knows what he is doing. A lot of material from the new album as well as his hits "La La Blues" etc.... and some covers. Also, there is an awesome record store in downtown Madison that I found. A lot of cool vinyls and CDs.
The Milkman
Little Cream Soda

Post by The Milkman »

frankb_2 wrote:Oh it was a great show! Pokey really knows what he is doing. A lot of material from the new album as well as his hits "La La Blues" etc.... and some covers. Also, there is an awesome record store in downtown Madison that I found. A lot of cool vinyls and CDs.
Was it B-side records? I was there a couple days ago.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

ISO: Jack White/Loretta Lynn Nashville Hatch Show Print Poster. 1/28
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Surprise Show?

Post by Alabama Woody »

frankb_2 wrote:Oh it was a great show! Pokey really knows what he is doing. A lot of material from the new album as well as his hits "La La Blues" etc.... and some covers. Also, there is an awesome record store in downtown Madison that I found. A lot of cool vinyls and CDs.
Sounds like you had a great time :-)
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody