ACL Live

Worldwide - Since 2012
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Re: ACL Live

Post by bkramer10 »

Guys started first and played about 30 minutes. They were sent off and Jack went straight into LI while the drums were being switched (which was done pretty fast).
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

bkramer10 wrote:Guys started first and played about 30 minutes. They were sent off and Jack went straight into LI while the drums were being switched (which was done pretty fast).
they really have gotten that transition down to theatrical standards... speaking of which... did they do any backdrops or switch ups... someone on the staff has taken to making a real show of the setting and its evolution as the show progresses
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

what bkramer said. the change was so fast. those guys are pros.
no backdrop changes. he had the III spotlights on the left and right, but that was that.
took the light blue jacket off when the ladies came on. that was the only change i saw.

not sure if he's done this a lot, but he did the hank williams cover "you know that i know". that was one of the highlights for me. the boys nailed it.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

Moller72 wrote:Did jack play Saturday and Sunday night.
All I know is ACL rebroadcast Jack's set Sunday night on channel 2 at the end of the livestream.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

cmelo wrote:
Moller72 wrote:Did jack play Saturday and Sunday night.
All I know is ACL rebroadcast Jack's set Sunday night on channel 2 at the end of the livestream.
i managed to get on stage for that for the last 15 minutes or so.
the crowd was incredible. being in front of tens of thousands of people chanting the riff for 7NA is quite the powerful memory.
anyway, my weekend was cool. how was yours? :)
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

OK, I'm massively confused. I watched the ACL live stream on Saturday, and it was only the Peacocks - no Buzzards - and they opened with Hardest Button To Button. That show was due to be re-broadcast on Sunday.

But then from Sunday, we have this:
Hamptonio wrote:sweet moses, i just saw the best show of my life.
he brought out both bands for the taping and they were just on POINT, man.
So was that an entirely different show, or what?
cmelo wrote:
Moller72 wrote:Did jack play Saturday and Sunday night.[???]
Did he play two different shows - one Saturday and one Sunday?

ADD: Edited this down for conciseness, since my question got answered below.
My full original post is quoted below, too.
Last edited by DeeBee on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
NotACollector
Little Bird

Post by NotACollector »

Haha I guess you've never heard of the TV SHOW Austin City Limits. That's what we're talking about. Not the festival.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

DeeBee wrote:OK, I'm massively confused. I watched the ACL live stream on Saturday, and it was only the Peacocks - no Buzzards - and they opened with Hardest Button To Button. That show was due to be re-broadcast on Sunday.

But then from Sunday, we have this:
Hamptonio wrote:sweet moses, i just saw the best show of my life.
he brought out both bands for the taping and they were just on POINT, man.
bkramer10 wrote:Guys started first and played about 30 minutes. They were sent off and Jack went straight into LI while the drums were being switched (which was done pretty fast).
So was that an entirely different show, or what?
The ACL schedule only had him listed for Saturday night, not Sunday:
http://lineup.aclfestival.com/events/2012/10/14/

This review also looks like it's from an entirely different show than the Saturday night one:
http://acltv.com/2012/10/15/jack-white/

So did he do another show on Sunday, or what??
cmelo wrote:
Moller72 wrote:Did jack play Saturday and Sunday night.[???]
Another possibility is that the live stream on Saturday cut off the first part of his show, since he was scheduled to start at 8:00pm, and it did not start until 8:30. Before that, the live stream was showing The Roots - who were supposed to be done by 7pm, according to the schedule.

If the live feed from Saturday night cut into Jack's show 30 minutes late, then that might explain why it looked like the show opened with Hardest Button To Button, and there were only the Peacocks there, and no Buzzards.

If that's what happened, I'm really pissed. First, because when people were asking where Jack White is, ACL kept responding that he would be on at 8:30 - making it look like he was starting his show a half an hour late. Secondly, they did not bother to inform us then that his entire show would be broadcast again on Sunday night. So not only did I change my plans for Saturday night and stay home to watch his show, but it sounds like it was an incomplete stream of his show. Then because they never said that it was an incomplete stream, I didn't watch it Sunday night when it was re-broadcast; so it sounds like I missed both the Buzzards and the first part of the Peacocks.

Does anyone know for sure if that's what happened?
Did he play two different shows - one Saturday and one Sunday - or is it just that the live stream on Saturday cut off the first half hour because the damn Roots kept on playing an hour past their scheduled quitting time?

(And if they did that - played way past their scheduled time slot - then why in hell did ACL seemingly reward them for that bad behavior by continuing to stream their show, even when it meant cutting off the first part of Jack White's show??)

AND:
Is the Sunday night broadcast - presumably a full recording of Saturday night's show - still available online?
Or are those of us who stayed home to watch the show on the LIVE stream Saturday night just shit out of luck??
i read the first few lines you wrote and decided to stop. so, i hope i answer correctly.
jack white played the festival on saturday and then did the ACL taping (the television show) on sunday.
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

NotACollector wrote:Haha I guess you've never heard of the TV SHOW Austin City Limits. That's what we're talking about. Not the festival.
Hamptonio wrote: i read the first few lines you wrote and decided to stop. so, i hope i answer correctly.
jack white played the festival on saturday and then did the ACL taping (the television show) on sunday.
Ah, okay - thanks. Yeah, I don't watch television.
(But even if I did watch tv, if people were talking about "Bonnaroo" or "Coachella" then I'd naturally assume that they're talking about the music festival, and not an unrelated television show by the same name - unless they explicitly specified that distinction. And apparently I was not the only one confused in thinking ACL referred to the festival.)

So anyway, is this television taping available online anywhere, for the tv-phobic fans?
Last edited by DeeBee on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

DeeBee wrote:
NotACollector wrote:Haha I guess you've never heard of the TV SHOW Austin City Limits. That's what we're talking about. Not the festival.
Hamptonio wrote: i read the first few lines you wrote and decided to stop. so, i hope i answer correctly.
(But even if I did watch tv, if people were talking about "Bonnaroo" or "Coachella" then I'd naturally assume that they're talking about the music festival, and not an unrelated television show by the same name - unless they explicitly specified that distinction. And apparently I was not the only one confused in thinking ACL referred to the festival.)

So anyway, is this television taping available online anywhere, for the tv-phobic fans?
PBS doesn't generally put up full shows on their website. You'll have to wait and see after they broadcast it, which I think someone mentioned will be early next year. It's quite possible that someone will record the broadcast and put it on YouTube as clips.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

DeeBee wrote:

theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

thats funny as hell man... you are the best... so... what can we expect to see you doing up on the stage there mr.H... hopefully its not you shaking your little baby to get her to rock out to Jacks music at an early age... :o :D
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

:lol: That clip is great.
rsimms3 wrote: PBS doesn't generally put up full shows on their website. You'll have to wait and see after they broadcast it, which I think someone mentioned will be early next year. It's quite possible that someone will record the broadcast and put it on YouTube as clips.
I hope so. Or maybe upload it elsewhere online. I'd hate to have to compromise my principles and acquire one of them there goshdarn televisual contraptions, just to watch a Jack White show. 8-)
Last edited by DeeBee on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:thats funny as hell man... you are the best... so... what can we expect to see you doing up on the stage there mr.H... hopefully its not you shaking your little baby to get her to rock out to Jacks music at an early age... :o :D
that's the rules around my house.
if you don't dance, you're gonna get shook.
unfortunately, my beard and i were sitting in the lower balcony, which is kinda out of the camera's eye.
most of the crowd you can see on the show is down in the standing area nearest the stage.

remember that famous john lennon quote in the early beatles years?

i suppose i was in the "jewelry section".
f-ing awesome seat, though! :)