ACL Live

Worldwide - Since 2012
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

ACL Live

Post by Hamptonio »

<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Re: ACL Live

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

Shizzzzz, looks like I will be going to ACL after all. Now all we need is a RRS cameo.
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

Definitely skipping RHCP now, didn't care to see them anyway. If someone wins and ends up with an extra, let me know!

Doubtful the RRS will be there as its scheduled for NYC the 16th-18th
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

bkramer10 wrote:Definitely skipping RHCP now, didn't care to see them anyway. If someone wins and ends up with an extra, let me know!

I saw RHCP earlier this year and they were still pretty fuckin rad. Why you would want to skip them I am not sure. I understand that it's for Jack White, but its still a big decision.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

arewhyehen wrote:
bkramer10 wrote:Definitely skipping RHCP now, didn't care to see them anyway. If someone wins and ends up with an extra, let me know!

I saw RHCP earlier this year and they were still pretty fuckin rad. Why you would want to skip them I am not sure. I understand that it's for Jack White, but its still a big decision.
no frusciante = go to jack
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

hsp88 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:

no frusciante = go to jack

Well, I guess that should be the senses being that I am on a Jack White forum. I am sure that if I was on a RHCP, it would be in their favour. Either way, both artists have made huge impacts on the music industry. RHCP not so recent, and Jack's a little more recent.

When I saw the chili peppers play, it was more of a greatest hits tour, with a few new songs thrown in, so that was pretty awesome..
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

I am a huge RHCP fan but without John frusciante there is a energy they don't have live anymore. I think josh is great and the rest of the band is incredible I just miss fru lol
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

hsp88 wrote:I am a huge RHCP fan but without John frusciante there is a energy they don't have live anymore. I think josh is great and the rest of the band is incredible I just miss fru lol
I understand that. Some members really make the live performance that much greater. I never had the chance to see them with some of the older or original members(other than of course, Flea and Anthony). That band has changed members more times than I've changed my underwear in the past month lol

When I saw them earlier this year, it was the first time I'd seen them , although I've been a fan for many many years. I haven't had the chance to see them near by until then. I was not disappointed though.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Ahem, now back to the thread topic...ish.

Should be a killer show being that it will be recorded. I'm sure he will pull out some new tricks for the camera.

Maybe Y'all will be on the tv :lol: ;)
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

yezzir!
if i get the lottery, i am definitely going to skip the chiles. it'd be cool to see them, but the headliner acts are always really hard to get up even somewhat close.
you have to camp out all day at that stage and there's just too many other awesome groups to see for me to do that.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

What he said. :D 2009 w/ Pearl Jam showed up 1 1/2 hours before the gate opened and got nice spot against the railing. That was worth the wait though- Toadies, Dead Weather, and PJ on one stage, ¡hay chingao mofos! Dillo dirt, not so much. 2010 w/ Muse- two hours before the gate opened and I was behind about 20 people with 3 other rows of equal length. Good thing I could run and I ended with he best spot possible. Yeah, unless the one stage has a killer line-up it is definitely not worth camping out. Especially when you get stuck with some hardcore PJ fan who concedes at the last moment that they have swine flu. That actually happened.

Back on topic, how much does moody theater hold now? I haven't been n there since before the renovations took place.
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Love ACL. This will be wonderful.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

jamesmonzon1 wrote:What he said. :D 2009 w/ Pearl Jam showed up 1 1/2 hours before the gate opened and got nice spot against the railing. That was worth the wait though- Toadies, Dead Weather, and PJ on one stage, ¡hay chingao mofos! Dillo dirt, not so much. 2010 w/ Muse- two hours before the gate opened and I was behind about 20 people with 3 other rows of equal length. Good thing I could run and I ended with he best spot possible. Yeah, unless the one stage has a killer line-up it is definitely not worth camping out. Especially when you get stuck with some hardcore PJ fan who concedes at the last moment that they have swine flu. That actually happened.

Back on topic, how much does moody theater hold now? I haven't been n there since before the renovations took place.
Sunday on 2009 was great. That was the day I fell in love with TDW. When it comes to the people who spend all day on the rail at a festival, I don't know whether to admire their tenacity or fear their insanity. Moody holds 2700 now. Looks like a great venue.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

i'm in.
baZAM!
can't f-ing wait for this, man.
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

Hamptonio wrote:i'm in.
baZAM!
can't f-ing wait for this, man.
Nice. I asked a couple people who worked there recently but it was a no go. Looks like its lottery for me