Official live streams of concerts / as happening & recorded

Worldwide - Since 2012
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

There have been a number of live streams of Jack White concerts on this tour. But a lot of us seem to be missing out on them, not having gotten any heads-up about it. Some of these are still available online, at least for a while.

I hope this thread can be used both for letting us know about live streams coming up BEFORE they happen, and also for letting us know about where to find recordings after they're over. (Since these are officially recorded shows, I assume that the uploads are approved by Mr. White and Third Man Records, and I don't anticipate that them running into the kinds of problems/issues/opposition/suppression/blocking that privately recorded shows have unfortunately encountered lately, with being pulled for 'copyright issues' and whatnot.)

Audio recording of today's show at Belfort, France / Les Eurockéennes is still here, for now:
http://www.franceinter.fr/player
(It took some fussing around with the player in order to listen to it after it was over.)

Sounds like an awesome show, so I hope this recording will be around for awhile; but who knows.
This is one of my favorite live recordings; a very powerful and stripesy sound. Not muzzy or diluted at all.
Maybe just better recording quality? Or maybe not; I find it hard to judge such things. But I like it a LOT.
Jack's voice sounds really strong on all of the songs here. Searing intensity.

Add: It cuts out for a while after WAGTBF starts; then it comes back after an encore with Blue Blood Blues.
I don't speak French, but I would swear that a woman's voice during the encore called him "Black White." :lol:

Video from Rock Werchter the other day is on youtube, posted there officially, I assume:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=cLHkT72Glbk

Video from the AMEX show from May, hosted by Gary Oldman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxEmx6JnC_Q

Again, I hope that folks will start letting us all know about upcoming live streams before they happen - either here or in some other thread around here that's easy to find. (Maybe a pinned thread in the Jack White "Tour" section?)

Add: Oops, I didn't realize I posted this to the Tour section; I thought I put it in General Discussion.
Now I'm not sure where it should go. Mods please feel free to move it wherever you think it fits best.

ADD: The June 1st show at Belfort, France / Les Eurockéennes seems to be unavailable now.
Really disappointed in that, it was such an awesome show. Definitely a keeper.
I hope it's just a glitch and it will be back at that site soon. Did anyone rip it while it was up?
(If so, please post here or send a private message, whatever you feel comfortable with.)

AND...Now the Belfort show is available again. http://www.franceinter.fr/player
Click on the calendar icon, choose July 1st, and scroll down to the link for the JW show.
There's some annoying voiceovers at first, so skip the first 12 minutes or so.
The first song is Sixteen Saltines. Don't know how long it will be at the website.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Re: Official live streams of concerts / as happening & recor

Post by DeeBee »

So apparently there was a live stream of the Roskilde Festival earlier today, which I didn't know about:

http://roskilde-festival.dk/

Did anyone else know about it? Did anyone capture the stream? Or know of anywhere we can find it?

AND: Similar questions about the "Concert Privee" private gig in Paris on July 3rd.
I've seen rumors of there being video out already, but haven't found any.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Good thread. Thanks DeeBee.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Concert prive?
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

flattop2001 wrote:

Concert prive?
private Paris show?
Never trust a hippy
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Yes first one. Post asked for a July 3rd show, can't find that one.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Good thread. Thanks DeeBee.
I agree. Thanks for this. I'll have to sit down when I get some free time and watch some of these shows. I've got a program to download the videos to my hard drive so I may have to do just that and save them for later :)
Littlema
Little Cream Soda

Post by Littlema »

flattop2001 wrote:Yes first one. Post asked for a July 3rd show, can't find that one.
the private show of july 3rd gonna be air on july 18th only on radio in France. Keep you notice if you want!
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

dmdv1 wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:

Concert prive?
private Paris show?
it is definitely the first concert prive... the second one did not feature the Peacocks and you can see that Bryn is still the bass player at that point... not the same as the concert prive in July
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Littlema wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:Yes first one. Post asked for a July 3rd show, can't find that one.
the private show of july 3rd gonna be air on july 18th only on radio in France. Keep you notice if you want!
Yes please.
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

I have a nice copy of the full AMEX NYC show if anyone's interested, also have a rip of just the audio from it too (untracked)...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
Littlema
Little Cream Soda

Post by Littlema »

You can find the show here http://www.rtl.fr/emission/les-nocturne ... 7750616396, but when Jack speak a translator say what he says in french in the same time so i'm not sure you will all understand, but at the beginin it's the private show (6 songs) with :
Missing Pieces
Freedom at 21
The same boy you've always known
I cut like a buffalo
Top yourself
Ball and biscuit
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Jack White's Lollapalooza set is going to be streamed.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Stl_ben wrote:Jack White's Lollapalooza set is going to be streamed.
Oooh, I'll have to alert the C-Band folks.....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Stl_ben wrote:Jack White's Lollapalooza set is going to be streamed.
When and where, man, when and where?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."