Mayan Theater LA, April 30th

Worldwide - Since 2012
Melon
Little Ghost

Mayan Theater LA, April 30th

Post by Melon »

from what i can tell this show was announced/went on sale at the very last minute

how small is this place???
houses are full of things that gather dust
achouza
Little Ghost

Re: Mayan Theater LA, April 30th

Post by achouza »

less than 1 thousand people, it looks super interesting,, great place for a JW concert

you can see some sweet pics here:
https://sites.google.com/site/downtownl ... tres/mayan
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

looks awesome^

anyone know if there's a story behind this show? it seems almost secret/VIP the way it was announced/sold in a short time, plus how small the venue is. Did anyone get tickets?

I'm intrigued! (It's probably just a normal show that i somehow missed when he was announcing shows :lol: )
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

they announced it on TMR a few days ago,, not really VIP or secret but definitely last minute thing, today they sold tickets in the vault presale and then ticketmaster, unsure how many tickets were sold, but judging by how quickly they went i would say not many,,, i was able to get just one from the regular ticketmaster sale,, the vault presale sold out instantly

there are a few on stubhub for 200

i think he is just going to play straight through blunderbuss,, everybody that attends is getting a rob jones poster,, i heard rumors that there might be a special release of blunderbus lp, but i dont think that will happen
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

achouza wrote:they announced it on TMR a few days ago,, not really VIP or secret but definitely last minute thing, today they sold tickets in the vault presale and then ticketmaster, unsure how many tickets were sold, but judging by how quickly they went i would say not many,,, i was able to get just one from the regular ticketmaster sale,, the vault presale sold out instantly

there are a few on stubhub for 200

i think he is just going to play straight through blunderbuss,, everybody that attends is getting a rob jones poster,, i heard rumors that there might be a special release of blunderbus lp, but i dont think that will happen
ahh i have to fight the urge, already spent too much on records/shows (jack in particular :D )

sounds like it's going to rule! Where did you hear about the poster & those rumors? I hope for your sake there is a special version of Blunderbuss for everyone who attends although just getting a poster & not having to worry about them selling out is pretty rad by itself. A show specific Blunderbuss would be insane.
switch5150
Little Bird

Post by switch5150 »

I tried to get tickets on the regular Ticketmaster sale to no avail...sad face. I guess Outside Lands it is.
I apologize for nothing!
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

i'll be honest..i wasn't the biggest fan of the mayan when the dead weather played there during the la pop up event.

I don't remember if the acoustics were all that great either. then again, i was on 1 hour of sleep after bussing it to la and back for the wiltern show the night before, then taking a train to downtown la at 6am for the pop up store, hazy from waiting in the blistering hot ass sun for ages, seeing the DW do the short show at the abandoned theater, then going home for an hour before getting to the mayan for the show that Night...

oh the days where i was young and had enough energy to run all around socal for records and shows...DW 3 times in 24 hours....that's GOT to be a record :D ...

oh right..the mayan... meh. i've been to better places. I just don't remember it looking as pretty as it does in the pics...looked more faded and run down.....then again, i could be wrong and just have horrible memory.

is the whole show will call only/did ticketmaster only have will call or was that just for only the presale again?
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
ericlb75
Little Cream Soda

Post by ericlb75 »

If anyone has an extra ticket, I am looking. For some reason, my Modlife account is screwed up right now and not able to see Premium material.

I have one ticket to trade for one of the May shows...you pick which date you want to go.

Thanks,
Eric
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

the poster info was in the vault TMR post about the new shows,,,

the general ticketmaster sale was will call as well,,, im not sure how the tickets for sale on stubhub work
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

In celebration of the upcoming release of Blunderbuss on April 23/24, Jack will be performing a handful of intimate shows in Europe and America and to commemorate these events all attendees will receive the gift of an exclusive 18 x 24 inch poster designed by Rob Jones from a photograph by Jo McCaughey.
found it. this is really cool. Again I hope he's got a 2nd extra goodie up his sleeve for you lucky dudes/dudettes! you'll have to post all about it
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

ISO a single ticket or two,
WT first born or whatever you want.

The DW Mayan show is in my top three shows ever, Jack got all crazy drinking from champagne bottles and almost fist fighting with Alison, it was charged with all kinds of sexual tension which made for an amazing show. I love the venue it is like the wiltern but smaller and less tacky, the sound there is great, you crazy son!

DW show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmZz_2If ... ure=relmfu
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

oh hell yes!!!!! I'm in, I'm going. So f'n stoked :D
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Posted an ISO but I'll put it in here too just in case. Looking for 1 extra ticket if by chance someone has one.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

anybody know what time call will be open? i know ticketmaster says 7:30 but it doesn't really say whats at 7:30 (doors/show/will call?)

what time is everyone thinking about showing up? also anybody know what the parking situation is?
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

i saw a show at the mayan in august. i think parking was charging like $10 or some bullshit like that. so i parked one block over on the street, metered parking, but it's wasn't enforced after a certain time, like 5 or 6 or something like that. i'd go that route for sure. fuck paying that much for parking. just make sure you read ALL the signs. i got my car towed once seeing a show at the troubadour once. guess i parked somewhere i wasn't supposed to....