Jack White Firefly Music Fest Dover, DE July 20-22nd

Worldwide - Since 2012
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Jack White Firefly Music Fest Dover, DE July 20-22nd

Post by Kali Durga »

So, who's gonna go up in the hot air balloons during the thunderstorms?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Great show last night. Heavy rain and high winds held off providing only cool weather and a light mist throughout. Buzzards performed and Jack played barefoot through most of the set due to the wet stage posing a slipping hazard. By the end of the show, he'd likely created another 7,628 ardent fans. Damn him.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

not making your job too easy i guess...
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

barefoot. awesome.
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

It's crossed my mind to wonder how he might feel about him taking his shoes off being the element of the show that we've talked about the most ;)

The other best part was this--

"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
3rdmwsiy
Little Cream Soda

Post by 3rdmwsiy »

Kali Durga wrote:It's crossed my mind to wonder how he might feel about him taking his shoes off being the element of the show that we've talked about the most ;)

The other best part was this--
Great Video!! Jack and Daru have such great chemistry, I cant wait to see what these two put together in the future.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

so was there a poster for this show or anything merch sold?
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Kali Durga wrote:It's crossed my mind to wonder how he might feel about him taking his shoes off being the element of the show that we've talked about the most ;)

[/youtube]
Well, two posts. :lol:

But actually, I'd say it was probably at the heart of the way this show turned out. The moment he comes on stage, he has a major struggle to contend with (i.e. not falling over), these are therefore PERFECT conditions for a JW show right from the jump, and sure enough, you got an awesome one.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

hsp88 wrote:so was there a poster for this show or anything merch sold?
Nyet. Shirts only.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
JWhiteIII
Little Acorn

Post by JWhiteIII »

This show was awesome. Met Kali and Jack Wolfe III of twitter fame. Jack broke out the Gretsch triple jet which was a welcome sight. Was as close as could be and Jack and I locked eyes a couple of times which was awesome.
Across the Rio Grand-e-o.....
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

JWhiteIII wrote:This show was awesome. Met Kali and Jack Wolfe III of twitter fame. Jack broke out the Gretsch triple jet which was a welcome sight. Was as close as could be and Jack and I locked eyes a couple of times which was awesome.
I've met Jack Wolfe and his father a few times. Both extremely nice people. Spent an hour or so at TMR with them both before the Chattanooga show and then we both parted ways and were next to eachother in line for a good 5 hours before the show. Then I was in line with Jack and his father for 17 hours for RSD at TMR..both very nice both events.

A little off topic, yes but I know Jack Wolfe is a member of Swirl as of a month ago but has yet to make a post...so come out come out where ever you are :)

I know from talking to him that he would have many things to contribute to this forum. SO I'M CALLING YOU OUT JACK!!!! :lol:
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

JWhiteIII wrote:This show was awesome. Met Kali and Jack Wolfe III of twitter fame. Jack broke out the Gretsch triple jet which was a welcome sight. Was as close as could be and Jack and I locked eyes a couple of times which was awesome.
Was definitely good to meet you, Matt, and I'm glad you were able to be there. And, yes, young Jack needs to make his presence known here.

During which song did you see the Gretsch used? I thought he used the Tele for all of the electric songs.
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

arewhyehen wrote:
I've met Jack Wolfe and his father a few times. Both extremely nice people. Spent an hour or so at TMR with them both before the Chattanooga show and then we both parted ways and were next to eachother in line for a good 5 hours before the show. Then I was in line with Jack and his father for 17 hours for RSD at TMR..both very nice both events.

A little off topic, yes but I know Jack Wolfe is a member of Swirl as of a month ago but has yet to make a post...so come out come out where ever you are :)

I know from talking to him that he would have many things to contribute to this forum. SO I'M CALLING YOU OUT JACK!!!! :lol:
add me to the call out list...met jack at the jtb show in richmond and he was decked out in gear to photograph the event and even take some video(awesome video at that) come and be known by the swirl jack!
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
JWhiteIII
Little Acorn

Post by JWhiteIII »

Kali Durga wrote:
Was definitely good to meet you, Matt, and I'm glad you were able to be there. And, yes, young Jack needs to make his presence known here.

During which song did you see the Gretsch used? I thought he used the Tele for all of the electric songs.
I beleve it was the last 3-4 electric songs and I rember a roadie bringing the tele back out and he looked like he was gonna switch guitars but he just kept using it which I was very pleased about.
Across the Rio Grand-e-o.....
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Well, heck if you aren't right. I obviously wasn't paying enough attention to the guitars, must've apparently been distracted by other things...