Jack White Firefly Music Fest Dover, DE July 20-22nd

Worldwide - Since 2012
oojavaguru
Little Cream Soda

Jack White Firefly Music Fest Dover, DE July 20-22nd

Post by oojavaguru »

According to this article on Consequence of Sound, Jack White will be one of the headliners at the inagural Firefly Music Festival in Dover, DE July 20-22nd.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/04/j ... -festival/

Details:

The inaugural Firefly Music Festival will set up shop at Delaware’s Dover International Speedway from July 20-22nd. According to Delaware Online’s Pulp Culture, Jack White, The Killers, and The Black Keys top the lineup and they’ll be joined by Death Cab For Cutie, The Flaming Lips, John Legend, Passion Pit, and Girl Talk.

Also playing are Cake, Lupe Fiasco, OK Go, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Young the Giant, Cold War Kids, The Wallflowers, The Head and the Heart, Grouplove, Tinie Tempah, Cults, Heartless Bastards, Ra Ra Riot, The Felice Brothers, Charles Bradley and His Extraordinaires, Mayer Hawthrone & The County, Mariachi El Bronx, Kids These Days, Bombay Bicycle Club, and Penguin Prison, among others.

Three-day passes (priced at $178) go on sale Thursday, April 5th via the festival’s website. On-site camping will be offered.

Not a band lineup and close to Washington, DC....yes!!
love_islander
Little People

Re: Jack White Firefly Music Fest Dover, DE July 20-22nd

Post by love_islander »

Looks like a lineup I'd enjoy seeing
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

That's one of the better festival lineups I've seen in a while.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

That's an amazing lineup, that's what Lollapalooza used to look like when it didn't suck.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

Now THIS is lineup I can get behind. The price is rather reasonable too.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I have one extra 3-day pass for Firefly at the early-bird price of $186. PM me if you want it.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Reeeeeeally looking forward to this.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I just combed through the Firefly website again and there's still no schedule. Has anyone heard anything about which night Jack's playing?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Kali Durga wrote:I just combed through the Firefly website again and there's still no schedule. Has anyone heard anything about which night Jack's playing?
For some reason I've always thought it was Friday.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

If you think of where you heard that, Ara, please let me know. I'm doing inventory at work the following Tuesday and normally work the weekend this show's taking place, so I've got to arrange the inventory schedule around whichever day he's playing. Dunno what I'd do if I didn't have a boss who indulges me in this stuff...
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

They just announced their single day tickets are on sale and the schedule confirms JW plays Friday.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Actually, the one day passes were supposed to be on sale today, but they had a bigger clusterfart with their servers than TMR did with the London/Paris posters on Jack's site this morning.
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

http://fireflyfestival.com/#info_news_a ... hp?post=23

I thought I was going to be all cool and smack down some new 411 but you all are obviously cooler than me! ;) Good luck to all that want 'em. I hope the sale goes smooth.
JWhiteIII
Little Acorn

Post by JWhiteIII »

Got my tickets this week! Sooooo pumped!
Across the Rio Grand-e-o.....
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

JWhiteIII wrote:Got my tickets this week! Sooooo pumped!
so glad that you will be getting to a show... i felt really bad that you didnt get to the NY show
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow