January 28, 2015: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN

Worldwide - Since 2012
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Re: January 28, 2015: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN

Post by Scarlet Siren »

jesxsmith wrote:I'm with you there. As long as they do anything together I'll be ecstatic. I already feel lucky to be seeing her at all. I was so bummed earlier today when they started hinting of a big opener because I hadn't bought tickets to this show because I'd already seen Jack this tour, but then I guessed Loretta on Twitter and won a pair of tickets!
Congratulations! Nice one!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Just curious... For those of you with GA tickets, what time do you plan on showing up? I know it's still early, I'm just trying to get it all together. I don't need the rail but I'd like to be close. I've only ever been to one GA concert and it was Jack in Memphis. Small venue so it didn't matter where you were standing. For the Bridgestone I'd like to be at least in the first 6 rows without having to spend the night outside. Thoughts?
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... r-20141211
Knowing White's adoration for the 82-year-old legend, it's likely to be more of a collaborative experience than a second-rate opening slot as the seats fill and attendees trickle in. A song or two together is a good bet, especially since the performance is timed to the upcoming 10-year anniversary of Van Lear Rose. Lynn even canceled some previously scheduled Texas dates in order for her to appear with White, her management releasing this statement: "Loretta Lynn has been presented with a unique opportunity to play a special engagement in Nashville with Jack White to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the multi-Grammy Award-winning album Van Lear Rose, which they produced together." In short, this won't be just any old night.
:D
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I've already said this elsewhere, it's gonna be a Love Fest. The Jack'n'Loretta Love Fest. Wouldn't miss it for the world.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Does anyone here have two tickets FS? I have a good bud that moved to Clarksville that I haven't seen in a while and I'm gunna take him with me. Help a brotha out :D
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
matthewvh
Little Cream Soda

Post by matthewvh »

littleacorn wrote:Does anyone here have two tickets FS? I have a good bud that moved to Clarksville that I haven't seen in a while and I'm gunna take him with me. Help a brotha out :D
Here you go: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11167
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

curseofhalos wrote:William Tyler added to this date.

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville ... na-blowout
I can't wait to hear that finger picking bouncing off the walls of that big 'ol space. This is going to be an awesome night of music.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

ellisintransit wrote:
curseofhalos wrote:William Tyler added to this date.

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville ... na-blowout
I can't wait to hear that finger picking bouncing off the walls of that big 'ol space. This is going to be an awesome night of music.
Goddammit. I had no regrets about not buying tickets to this show until this announcement. To see William Tyler play a solo guitar set in an arena...wow. People will probably hate it, but it will be awesome.
Hyperbole used for effect!
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

matthewvh wrote:
littleacorn wrote:Does anyone here have two tickets FS? I have a good bud that moved to Clarksville that I haven't seen in a while and I'm gunna take him with me. Help a brotha out :D
Here you go: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11167
I think the jury is still out on him I'd rather buy from an established swirler.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
lisajean74
Little Bird

Post by lisajean74 »

My husband and I are driving to Nashville to see this show - so excited! Anyone been to the Hatch tour where you get to print your own poster? Is it worth the price? (might be a stupid question)
music_bones
Little Bird

Post by music_bones »

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. If there's another thread this would be better in, please let me know.

I'm looking for 1 GA ticket to this show. I've attempted to see Jack twice in the last year. I was lucky enough to obtain a gold ticket to Jack's Record Store Day performance last year. The morning I was supposed to take the megabus to Nashville, I ended up with pneumonia. My second attempt was at Bonnaroo. The night before I was supposed to leave, I cut my knee and had to get 7 stitches. It honestly pains me every time I watch the Bonnaroo dvd because I was supposed to be there...

I'm a broke college student, and I can't afford to pay the scalper prices. Could anyone help me out?
The Milkman
Little Cream Soda

Post by The Milkman »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Just curious... For those of you with GA tickets, what time do you plan on showing up? I know it's still early, I'm just trying to get it all together. I don't need the rail but I'd like to be close. I've only ever been to one GA concert and it was Jack in Memphis. Small venue so it didn't matter where you were standing. For the Bridgestone I'd like to be at least in the first 6 rows without having to spend the night outside. Thoughts?
I know we're showing up pretty early. My wife and I, along with some friends all have the day off so we're making a day out of it. I don't know what to do either...I want a poster but I also don't want to be way in the back.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

ISO: Jack White/Loretta Lynn Nashville Hatch Show Print Poster. 1/28
watchtower41
Little Bird

Post by watchtower41 »

I'm guessing they will have a GA only floor entrance, which hopefully can makes things a bit smoother for those of us without GA tickets to get in and get in line for merch/poster. GA Floor is always preferred place to be, especially for a special one-night show like this. But always a risk to have to shuffle back up to 100 level sections in arenas to get merch, beer, bathroom ect. Small price to pay for up-close rock n roll, however.
drummintodabeat
Little Acorn

Post by drummintodabeat »

Really bummed I can't make it up for the show...but I'll be thinking of you guys and gals in attendance.

I hope everyone who's going has a freakin' awesome time!!!