May 29th, 2014 Cain's Ballroom

Worldwide - Since 2012
tigerj67
Little Cream Soda

Re: May 29th, 2014 Cain's Ballroom

Post by tigerj67 »

This write-up sums up a bunch of the show but one of the best things I keep thinking about was when the crowd sang the entire Hello Operator song, I don't think Jack sang a single word for the whole song.
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

tigerj67 wrote:
This write-up sums up a bunch of the show but one of the best things I keep thinking about was when the crowd sang the entire Hello Operator song, I don't think Jack sang a single word for the whole song.
that's how he played it at the RSD show too.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

Good review. Can't wait to hear high road stepper. :?:
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

shteev wrote:Good review. Can't wait to hear high road stepper. :?:
ball
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

tigerj67
Little Cream Soda

Post by tigerj67 »

runofthemill wrote:
shteev wrote:Good review. Can't wait to hear high road stepper. :?:
ball
I thought high ball stepper was a great song, hearing it live blew my mind, just the extras from the whole band made this song awesome!!
John Tom
Little Cream Soda

Post by John Tom »

As for the Blue Drink in the jug, I attempted to ask some roadies what it was exactly and if he flew to Tatooine to get it, but was unceremoniously told to "Fuck off!" by several burly security guards. Oh well, I will just assume he got it from some cantina in Mos Eisley until told otherwise.

As for Jack, I have never seen him more excited, animated, … I would say that last night he was simply joyful. He never quit smiling, laughing, etc.; even when the numerous technical glitches that arise with the opening of any tour obligatorily manifest.

As for Doorbell, he told the story of how he wrote the song, meaning, significance, etc. A truly awesome glimpse into the mind of this musical genius.

And, lastly, as I told a fellow Swirler at the show, I never ever in a million years thought I would hear 7 Nation live again, ever. And, after playing for over 2 hours, Jack puts down his Tele and simply proclaims, "What more can I say?" I thought that was it, but NO! Instead he ambled to the edge of the stage, grabbed his Kay and slide, and returned to begin a 18+ minute rendition of 7 Nation! I nearly wet myself… And, after it was over, we (the crowd) and even the band seemed to have gotten our collective 4th Wind and were looking to possibly play more but Jack called it a day after over 2+ hours of playing nonstop except for a 10 minute smoke break and shirt change.

I feel sorry for the folks in Lubbock because I just cannot imagine him having anything left for this evening…
At least I'm not racin' towards a red light…
--Det. Rust Cohle

Thank you, Tulsa. I can't even lie to you. I love your town so much. Tulsa is more America than America is America. God bless you. I love you. Thank you so much.
--Jack White
FredYidas
Little Bird

Post by FredYidas »

John Tom wrote:As for Jack, I have never seen him more excited, animated, … I would say that last night he was simply joyful. He never quit smiling, laughing, etc.; even when the numerous technical glitches that arise with the opening of any tour obligatorily manifest.

As for Doorbell, he told the story of how he wrote the song, meaning, significance, etc. A truly awesome glimpse into the mind of this musical genius.

And, lastly, as I told a fellow Swirler at the show, I never ever in a million years thought I would hear 7 Nation live again, ever. And, after playing for over 2 hours, Jack puts down his Tele and simply proclaims, "What more can I say?" I thought that was it, but NO! Instead he ambled to the edge of the stage, grabbed his Kay and slide, and returned to begin a 18+ minute rendition of 7 Nation! I nearly wet myself… And, after it was over, we (the crowd) and even the band seemed to have gotten our collective 4th Wind and were looking to possibly play more but Jack called it a day after over 2+ hours of playing nonstop except for a 10 minute smoke break and shirt change.
Agreed that Jack seemed in very high spirits. I was on the side over by where his kids were side-stage, and he was looking over there a lot & smiling, and he mouthed a kiss at one point.

7 Nation wasn't 18 minutes by itself, Little Bird was in the middle of it, but yeah that was pretty epic.
John Tom
Little Cream Soda

Post by John Tom »

FredYidas wrote:7 Nation wasn't 18 minutes by itself, Little Bird was in the middle of it, but yeah that was pretty epic.
True Dat!

Funny, you got to see Jack's face while -being on the far right side -I could see his kids' faces. Pretty sweet moments all around.
--Det. Rust Cohle

Thank you, Tulsa. I can't even lie to you. I love your town so much. Tulsa is more America than America is America. God bless you. I love you. Thank you so much.
--Jack White
FredYidas
Little Bird

Post by FredYidas »

John Tom wrote:
True Dat!

Funny, you got to see Jack's face while -being on the far right side -I could see his kids' faces. Pretty sweet moments all around.
That's cool that you had the opposing view. Were they pretty into it?
John Tom
Little Cream Soda

Post by John Tom »

FredYidas wrote:
John Tom wrote:
True Dat!

That's cool that you had the opposing view. Were they pretty into it?
Most definitely. They were both grinning from ear to ear.
--Det. Rust Cohle

--Jack White
FredYidas
Little Bird

Post by FredYidas »

That's great. What a summer vacation that would be.
HammerOfTheGods
Little Cream Soda

Post by HammerOfTheGods »

Jack covered Zeppelin's Lemon Song at this show?!? That must have been incredible!
I play dumb like Columbo, and get my feelings hurt and move to New York like I'm Dumbo
FredYidas
Little Bird

Post by FredYidas »

HammerOfTheGods wrote:Jack covered Zeppelin's Lemon Song at this show?!? That must have been incredible!
He didn't do the whole song. Just one verse. But what he played was great.
yolomanolo
Little Cream Soda

Post by yolomanolo »

does anybody know if the tour notebook are 100 for the whole tour or 100 for each show?