May 29th, 2014 Cain's Ballroom

Worldwide - Since 2012
tigerj67
Little Cream Soda

May 29th, 2014 Cain's Ballroom

Post by tigerj67 »

First time getting to see Jack at this venue, after reading about the last tour stops here I hope this time around is just as good. Hope to see some other Swirlers there and possibly see somthing in the next week about early entry to the show.
circecoen
Little Bird

Re: May 29th, 2014 Cain's Ballroom

Post by circecoen »

tigerj67 wrote:First time getting to see Jack at this venue, after reading about the last tour stops here I hope this time around is just as good. Hope to see some other Swirlers there and possibly see somthing in the next week about early entry to the show.
Are you a vault member? Cause if you are, you can enter the early entry contest as of today. Link http://thirdmanstore.com/thevault/home/ ... ite-shows/.
And very good luck!
tigerj67
Little Cream Soda

Post by tigerj67 »

Just got my entry submitted, went 2 for 2 last tour, with my wife being pregnant it would be nice to get the early entry again because I know and respect that she is not going to want to stand in the line for a couple of hours like we have done for other concerts before.
circecoen
Little Bird

Post by circecoen »

tigerj67 wrote:Just got my entry submitted, went 2 for 2 last tour, with my wife being pregnant it would be nice to get the early entry again because I know and respect that she is not going to want to stand in the line for a couple of hours like we have done for other concerts before.
Best of luck! Fingers crossed from here!
tigerj67
Little Cream Soda

Post by tigerj67 »

Just got my email for early entry!! Thankful that I got this and that they did it a whole day before so I am not looking for a printer in a different city to get it printed out.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

tigerj67 wrote:Just got my email for early entry!! Thankful that I got this and that they did it a whole day before so I am not looking for a printer in a different city to get it printed out.
AWESOME!!!

So glad they took my advice on that one. Sending out the early entry emails the day before is so great. As you said, you can now print out your email and not have to go looking for a printer away from home on the day of. You also don't have to have a smart phone to check emails in line or go find a computer with internet.. Also, you don't have to take time off work to go wait in line if you want a good spot... If you get there early and then wait until the afternoon to get the email and find out you have early admission, you just wasted an entire day of work or whatever...
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

That's cool that they're sending the notices out this far in advance. Last tour I don't think they told you until the day of the show.
tigerj67
Little Cream Soda

Post by tigerj67 »

I agree with you 100% and trust me I wanted this pretty bad with my wife being pregnant, I did not want her to stand in line for hours so I would of just had to be in the back of the line and showed up when the doors opened. I had a great time with this two times before so I hope this time is just as good.
arewhyehen wrote:
tigerj67 wrote:Just got my email for early entry!! Thankful that I got this and that they did it a whole day before so I am not looking for a printer in a different city to get it printed out.
AWESOME!!!

So glad they took my advice on that one. Sending out the early entry emails the day before is so great. As you said, you can now print out your email and not have to go looking for a printer away from home on the day of. You also don't have to have a smart phone to check emails in line or go find a computer with internet.. Also, you don't have to take time off work to go wait in line if you want a good spot... If you get there early and then wait until the afternoon to get the email and find out you have early admission, you just wasted an entire day of work or whatever...
Then_It_Rained
Little Bird

Post by Then_It_Rained »

Oh my GOD... I just won early entry too! I'm at the airport now waiting for my connection to Tulsa...and will be one of those searching for printer! For those that have had early entry before... you just wait by the door? not in line? I'm kinda freaked that it won't work out somehow. Has it ever *not* worked out??
tigerj67
Little Cream Soda

Post by tigerj67 »

Then_It_Rained wrote:Oh my GOD... I just won early entry too! I'm at the airport now waiting for my connection to Tulsa...and will be one of those searching for printer! For those that have had early entry before... you just wait by the door? not in line? I'm kinda freaked that it won't work out somehow. Has it ever *not* worked out??
I've done it twice before, there will be a Third Man employee that will show up outside with a list of those that got early entry, all you need to do is be there atleast 30-40 min before the doors open(just a barrier in time to be safe) and then have your email printed out and your ID and your plus 1(if you don't have one grab someone in line and you will make their day) then you get in about 10-15min early and with it being a GA show you can stand next to the stage and be front row. It is one of the best experiences I have ever had at a concert, especially a Jack White show.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I have had it before where I just showed them the email on my phone and that was fine. Don't always need a print out. Also I think a few people got in just by showing id. They have your name and vault ID on a list so the email isn't REALLY needed.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

They didn't ask me for the email at either show I had early entry for. Just had a list of names and they compared it to my ID. I'd keep a hard copy or have it on my phone just in case though.
Then_It_Rained
Little Bird

Post by Then_It_Rained »

Thanks everyone! I'm freaking out... this is so exciting. I was prepared to be there at dawn! I have to recalibrate my brain about this!
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Then_It_Rained wrote:Thanks everyone! I'm freaking out... this is so exciting. I was prepared to be there at dawn! I have to recalibrate my brain about this!
I was freaked out the first time too. It will all work out. Sleep in, find something fun to do in Tulsa during the day (okay, that might be a bit of a stretch) and show up 30-45 minutes before doors open. After that your only decision is if you want to hit the merch stand before the rail. You should have time if you decide you want to.
tigerj67
Little Cream Soda

Post by tigerj67 »

cwja wrote:
Then_It_Rained wrote:Thanks everyone! I'm freaking out... this is so exciting. I was prepared to be there at dawn! I have to recalibrate my brain about this!
I was freaked out the first time too. It will all work out. Sleep in, find something fun to do in Tulsa during the day (okay, that might be a bit of a stretch) and show up 30-45 minutes before doors open. After that your only decision is if you want to hit the merch stand before the rail. You should have time if you decide you want to.
That is a tough decision to make, but sometimes with early entry you might have a shot at the Merch table and getting the rail, I was lucky and got both for Omaha last time and was able to sit my merchandise on the stage the whole night, one of the top perks of the vault.