July 27th, 2014 Stage AE Pittsburgh

Worldwide - Since 2012
thenewdeal
Little Cream Soda

July 27th, 2014 Stage AE Pittsburgh

Post by thenewdeal »

Thinking of making the 8 hr drive to this show from CT ... any experience with the venue or city anyone can share?

Swirlers attending
Thenewdeal
Last edited by thenewdeal on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
videogremmie
Little Bird

Re: July 27th, 2014 Stage AE Pittsburgh

Post by videogremmie »

Saw Soundgarden at Stage AE last year with the outdoor venue configuration (same as what Jack is playing). I don't really have any complaints except to say it's a plain venue, nothing special about it. All GA. no seats. No shade. It's very close to the football stadium (Heinz field) so you can actually park for free along the road that is adjacent to Heinz Field and just walk to the venue.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I've only been to Pittsburgh twice-- Once for a family reunion when I was 7 and again to see Queensryche something like a dozen or so years ago. So I got nothin', but... the one thing I always hear is that you should eat at Primanti Bros-- http://www.primantibros.com/
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
sandman77
Little Cream Soda

Post by sandman77 »

Kali Durga wrote:you should eat at Primanti Bros-- http://www.primantibros.com/
^^^THIS!!!
getbehindmejack
Little Acorn

Post by getbehindmejack »

DOUBLE YES on Primanti Brothers!!! I went to college in Pittsburgh so Primanti's was pretty much a staple of my diet.

Pittsburgh is a great, GREAT city. It's a cheap city too, most affordable and livable according to some magazine. Good food, easy to get around, relatively safe, pretty good bar scene....all around great. I have lots of friends there so I go out to the 'Burgh frequently from Delaware. People turn left at red lights, so be careful - Pittsburgh ain't no haven from asshole drivers.

As for the venue, I haven't been INSIDE personally, despite living in Pittsburgh for 4 years, but I hear nothing but good things. Pre-sale tix are still available as of 10:45EST via the Vault.
thenewdeal
Little Cream Soda

Post by thenewdeal »

tickets purchased! when we get closer will have to see some good hotel reccomendations/bars to go to/etc ... should be a great time!
Miss X
Little Bird

Post by Miss X »

This is a great venue! And Pittsburgh is underrated. I have seen many, many shows at Stage AE. (QOTSA, Soundgarden, MMJ, ZZ Top, Cheap Trick, Clutch, Primus to name a few..) It has a nice sized area up front and a small sloped hill in the back for people that don't want to be in the crowd. No Seats. I would get tickets right away- it isn't that big. It is also right between the football and baseball stadiums- on the river- walking distance to a bunch of stuff. For out of towners- make a day of it and go to the Warhol art museum before hand, it is walking distance from the venue and a must.
Just a head's up: Cabs are awful in this town. Get a hotel downtown and walk... I'm sooo happy he is playing here! Last time was with the Racs in 2008 before stage AE was even built. :clap:
Miss X
Little Bird

Post by Miss X »

Hotel recommendations: Residence Inn or Springhill Suites. They are both 5 minutes walking from Stage AE. The Pirates are away that day so it should be easy to get one of those hotel rooms.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Thanks for the hotel recommendations, that's helpful.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Beb9913
Little Cream Soda

Post by Beb9913 »

I see its all general admission is there a lawn area for sitting or is there just standing room and stage? Before you guys guys give me shit its a medical reason not a lack of loving the music
JWhiteIII
Little Acorn

Post by JWhiteIII »

Beb9913 wrote:I see its all general admission is there a lawn area for sitting or is there just standing room and stage? Before you guys guys give me shit its a medical reason not a lack of loving the music
All good. Not everybody on here is a die hard rail rider. There is a lawn area, I think it is elevated a little bit from the rest of the venue.
Across the Rio Grand-e-o.....
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

This is what it looks like--

Beb9913
Little Cream Soda

Post by Beb9913 »

Cool Thanks really looking to the show
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Something must be going on in Pittsburgh the weekend Jack's there (besides him, of course) because hotel pickings are slim and expensive.
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

So after hearing all of all the excitement of last night I think im going to have to make a trip to Pittsburgh from Ohio to see him. With no new shows being announced I think this is my best bet. But I did not like hearing the hotels are scarce and expensive:(