Jack White @ The Roseland NYC - May 21 & 22

Worldwide - Since 2012
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Re: Jack White @ The Roseland NYC - May 21 & 22

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Kziegelmayer wrote:Hi! I am looking for 2 tickets to the 5/21 show!!! anyone??? : ) I am driving in from RI/MA area on Monday for my Who Wants to be a Millionaire audition ( lol ) soooo please wish me luck, and help a poor girl out!!! i'm dying to get into that show! thank you!!
Good luck, and welcome aboard! I would bet someone will be selling extra tickets outside the venue so its worth it to show up. Cheers.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

I just want to say: Ticket sez: Doors open at 8! It's fuckin' miserable weather too. Gonna be fun waiting . . . NOT. Roseland's lines can be epic-huge for big shows like this. (Just complaining because I feel like shit but no way am I missing tonight's show.)

Can anyone possibly confirm Roseland allows people to enter with poster tubes?
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

woodisgood wrote:I just want to say: Ticket sez: Doors open at 8! It's fuckin' miserable weather too. Gonna be fun waiting . . . NOT. Roseland's lines can be epic-huge for big shows like this. (Just complaining because I feel like shit but no way am I missing tonight's show.)

Can anyone possibly confirm Roseland allows people to enter with poster tubes?
Didn't they revamp Roseland recently to hold more people? I think Roseland is the venue that I heard people talking about a Radiohead show where the line went around the block or something. I saw the Stripes there in 2003. My most vivid memory of that show was the 12ft. tall guy standing right in front of me that showed up just as the Stripes came on. And also how blown away I was by the Hentchmen....

Hope the weather improves.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

I was there for the Atoms for Peace show and Radiohead in 2011, and the lines went around the block. I'm definitely going to get to Roseland right after work, should be there by 5. Maybe I'll be 200th in line if I'm lucky, hahaha.
jsteinb
Little Bird

Post by jsteinb »

In line now. About 9 people here. The rain is pretty awful but at least we're under the marquee.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

jsteinb wrote:In line now. About 9 people here. The rain is pretty awful but at least we're under the marquee.
At 10:30 a.m.?

Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?

SERIOUSLY?
lukeny
Little Bird

Post by lukeny »

I went to the Radiohead shows at Roseland (as well as many many others). I got to the venue right before Radiohead was going on (around 9pm). There was absolutely no line by then and was able to purchase anything I wanted at the merch booth and was able to work my way up front no problem. I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think it helps getting to the venue at 9am, especially on a crappy rainy day like tpday. But hey what do I know. I think the biggest issue is getting posters back to my apartment dry.
jsteinb
Little Bird

Post by jsteinb »

woodisgood wrote:
jsteinb wrote:In line now. About 9 people here. The rain is pretty awful but at least we're under the marquee.
At 10:30 a.m.?

Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?

SERIOUSLY?
Yeah apparently this is a thing and I'm in no way proud of it.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Just so ya know: My comment was in no way meant to be nasty to y'all. In fact I say God bless ya. My comment is more along the lines of, "DAAAYUMM people sure love them some Jackie White." :D

I'm saying a silent prayer for early entry.

—>>If ANYONE up front by the door can find out sometime if it's okay to bring in a poster tube by asking security, I'm sure many of us here would love to know. Thank you!!<——
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

lukeny wrote:I went to the Radiohead shows at Roseland (as well as many many others). I got to the venue right before Radiohead was going on (around 9pm). There was absolutely no line by then and was able to purchase anything I wanted at the merch booth and was able to work my way up front no problem. I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think it helps getting to the venue at 9am, especially on a crappy rainy day like tpday. But hey what do I know. I think the biggest issue is getting posters back to my apartment dry.
Yeah that aint happening at a JW show. Ryman show if you weren't there before doors you didn't get a TD print.

O yeah and if you "worked your way to the front" YOUR AN ASSHOLE! People stand there waiting all day and you are going to be a jerk and push through them then stand in front of them and block their view, ASSHOLE.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Anyone hear about early entry tn?
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Yesh!
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
lukeny
Little Bird

Post by lukeny »

Stl_ben wrote:
lukeny wrote:I went to the Radiohead shows at Roseland (as well as many many others). I got to the venue right before Radiohead was going on (around 9pm). There was absolutely no line by then and was able to purchase anything I wanted at the merch booth and was able to work my way up front no problem. I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think it helps getting to the venue at 9am, especially on a crappy rainy day like tpday. But hey what do I know. I think the biggest issue is getting posters back to my apartment dry.
Yeah that aint happening at a JW show. Ryman show if you weren't there before doors you didn't get a TD print.

O yeah and if you "worked your way to the front" YOUR AN ASSHOLE! People stand there waiting all day and you are going to be a jerk and push through them then stand in front of them and block their view, ASSHOLE.
Ouch man. Wasn't looking for name calling. Last I checked general admission allows me to stand wherever I want.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

lukeny wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:

Ouch man. Wasn't looking for name calling. Last I checked general admission allows me to stand wherever I want.
Sure thats what general admission means, but have you heard of common courtesy before?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Maldoror17
Little Cream Soda

Post by Maldoror17 »

lukeny wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:

The problem Ben has is warranted, though the name calling is a bit much but its the internet. :D

The problem is that you are pushing past nice people who waited in line all day so they could be up front. Im 6'4" and I feel like an asshole standing anywhere at a show. But I waited from 12noon till doors opened at 8 so I could be close at the NC show. I didn't feel bad for this one and picked a spot near another tall guy so people could be pissed at both of us. I dont mind people pushing past me except when they get all over my personal space I had a guys elbow in my side 2/3 of the show and if I was as mean as ben is I would have called him an Asshole for sure.....so next time you push past at least think about it.....