Jack White @ Track 29, Chattanooga, TN 03/10/12

Worldwide - Since 2012
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Re: Jack White @ Track 29, Chattanooga, TN 03/10/12

Post by 2crazikids »

Well, I am finally back from the hell called Orlando and can finally check in from the show. Sorry I missed you KaliDurga but I must have passed you a million times since I came over and chatted with Tracy a bit (she was the matriarch of the gaggle of ladies that showed up at 4 AM. first in line) and took some pics with her. I got into line about 5:30 and was 9 deep, should have been closer but I got stuck in the middle entrance line with the doofus that was slow as shit. Was awesome meeting Jay (I forgot your handle sorry), hey did you see your pic in the newspaper?

Well, my mind is still blown from that show. I can't believe how great the sound was. I wish I could go to every show. But now, off to work. Great show everyone. So glad I was there with so many swirlers and like-minded music lovers.

Oh! And welcome to the swirl steelmagnolia, so nice to meet you in line and share that time with you. :D
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

You definitely passed us, then, as Helen and I were the second batch of crazy people to show up after the Atlanta crew. Still can't believe that every single one of the 32 (someone couldn't have sent me just one more to make it an even 33?) texts that were sent to me on Saturday didn't hit my phone until Monday. Even without messages, I managed to find everyone but you!
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

Kali Durga wrote:You definitely passed us, then, as Helen and I were the second batch of crazy people to show up after the Atlanta crew. Still can't believe that every single one of the 32 (someone couldn't have sent me just one more to make it an even 33?) texts that were sent to me on Saturday didn't hit my phone until Monday. Even without messages, I managed to find everyone but you!
I'm a little tiny bit shy... just a little. I didn't know if I should walk around saying "are you in the swirl?" to everyone. :D
Last edited by 2crazikids on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vytis33
Little Cream Soda

Post by Vytis33 »

2crazikids wrote:Well, I am finally back from the hell called Orlando and can finally check in from the show. Sorry I missed you KaliDurga but I must have passed you a million times since I came over and chatted with Tracy a bit (she was the matriarch of the gaggle of ladies that showed up at 4 AM. first in line) and took some pics with her. I got into line about 5:30 and was 9 deep, should have been closer but I got stuck in the middle entrance line with the doofus that was slow as shit. Was awesome meeting Jay (I forgot your handle sorry), hey did you see your pic in the newspaper?

Well, my mind is still blown from that show. I can't believe how great the sound was. I wish I could go to every show. But now, off to work. Great show everyone. So glad I was there with so many swirlers and like-minded music lovers.

Oh! And welcome to the swirl steelmagnolia, so nice to meet you in line and share that time with you. :D

Great meeting you and Trip, too! Glad you made it home safe, what an awesome show! I was exhausted by the time my flight landed Sunday but it was all worth it. Just wish I could have gone to a few more shows on this mini-tour. I want to hear Ball and Biscuit again!

Picture in newspaper? Huh? News to me.

-Jay
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

Vytis33 wrote:
2crazikids wrote:Well, I am finally back from the hell called Orlando and can finally check in from the show. Sorry I missed you KaliDurga but I must have passed you a million times since I came over and chatted with Tracy a bit (she was the matriarch of the gaggle of ladies that showed up at 4 AM. first in line) and took some pics with her. I got into line about 5:30 and was 9 deep, should have been closer but I got stuck in the middle entrance line with the doofus that was slow as shit. Was awesome meeting Jay (I forgot your handle sorry), hey did you see your pic in the newspaper?

Great meeting you and Trip, too! Glad you made it home safe, what an awesome show! I was exhausted by the time my flight landed Sunday but it was all worth it. Just wish I could have gone to a few more shows on this mini-tour. I want to hear Ball and Biscuit again!

Picture in newspaper? Huh? News to me.

-Jay
Yes. In the Chattanooga times or whatever. I'll try to find it.
Vytis33
Little Cream Soda

Post by Vytis33 »

Just found it...ha! Good eye.
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

Vytis33 wrote:Just found it...ha! Good eye.
Nice right? I think that was the time when you were calling people trying to not hear what was being played for soundcheck! :lol:
Vytis33
Little Cream Soda

Post by Vytis33 »

Hey, I just like to go in fresh! The surprise element.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

arewhyehen wrote:Here is a recording of the entire show...bad quality but there if anyone wants to relive it ;)

http://kiwi6.com/file/5r9tp81xt1
Thanks so much for this Ryan - I finally got a chance to listen to it last night/this morning. Hotel Yorba sounded awesome, and Top Yourself was quite good too. Maybe it is just the recording quality, but the second or third new song in there sounds a bit like meatloaf...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

love_islander wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Here is a recording of the entire show...bad quality but there if anyone wants to relive it ;)

Thanks so much for this Ryan - I finally got a chance to listen to it last night/this morning. Hotel Yorba sounded awesome, and Top Yourself was quite good too. Maybe it is just the recording quality, but the second or third new song in there sounds a bit like meatloaf...

You're welcome. I'm kinda bummed that the quality wasn't better...damn cell phones hah
jigglyjslickwood
Little Bird

Post by jigglyjslickwood »

So sad this is not functioning anymore! Saw the Workplay show, it was awesome. I was going to record it, but the security guy looked at me when I reached for my phone and shook his head "no no". :D
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

jigglyjslickwood wrote:

So sad this is not functioning anymore! Saw the Workplay show, it was awesome. I was going to record it, but the security guy looked at me when I reached for my phone and shook his head "no no". :D

http://k004.kiwi6.com/hotlink/0lxm56fbz ... a_show.mp3

This should work. Like I said...its really not a great recording as the phone was hidden the entire time. It does seem to get SLIGHTLY better after a few songs...the opening song or two is quite bad..
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

arewhyehen wrote:
jigglyjslickwood wrote:

This should work. Like I said...its really not a great recording as the phone was hidden the entire time. It does seem to get SLIGHTLY better after a few songs...the opening song or two is quite bad..
Did you record this?
If so, prepare to be banned from all future Jack shows.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

TheHen0 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
jigglyjslickwood wrote:

Did you record this?
haha oh ya? hows that kid?
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

arewhyehen wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
jigglyjslickwood wrote:

Did you record this?
haha oh ya? hows that kid?
Well, since Blackwell goes on this forum, he'd at least get pissed off at you, because of how much they wanted people not to record the show.