Jack White @ Webster Hall NYC April 27

Worldwide - Since 2012
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Jack White @ Webster Hall NYC April 27

Post by Kali Durga »

TRWS75 wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:(but then, what is?)
Don't you mean whuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUuuuuuut is?
We really didn't do enough of that the other night. Have to make up for it in three weeks.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

I really enjoyed meeting all the crazy Swirlers in line and in the venue. It was just nice to be in a line with them and not get rained on. Forget RSD, this was way better.
Has everything you said today been true?
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

sandmaniac3 wrote:I really enjoyed meeting all the crazy Swirlers in line and in the venue. It was just nice to be in a line with them and not get rained on. Forget RSD, this was way better.
I loved meeting you! I still think you were one of the best dressed fans there! It's so fun to put faces with names and to make connections. Everyone is so nice, cool, and like-minded. Hanna too! So many people, I'm afraid I may have forgotten names (Tammy? pillowpal?)!

Cathy!!! YOU ROCK!!!

Is it me or are the rest of you still feeling the intensity from Friday night? I can't seem to concentrate, all I want to do is keep watching the replays.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Right now, I'm still feeling the exhaustion from Friday night and all the associated travel chaos. Though staying up till 1:00am this morning to re-watch the webcast might be contributing to that, too :D
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

Kali Durga wrote:Right now, I'm still feeling the exhaustion from Friday night and all the associated travel chaos. Though staying up till 1:00am this morning to re-watch the webcast might be contributing to that, too :D
Yeah, you think that happened in this house too? You'd be right. :lol: Totally exhausted today. Just dragging.
jsteinb
Little Bird

Post by jsteinb »

Super delayed post coming through.

Had a great time and met some cool people that made the wait bearable. Pretty sure it was sandmaniac3 who was right after me in line and shot the shit to kill time (rad hat by the way.) If I remember 2crazikids(?) and her husband stood infront of me during the show and talked about economics and music w/ yr husband. I am a little soured by how the line was handled though seeing that some of the last Lightning Bolt LP's were sold to someone who totally skipped the line.

Had a great time regardless and hope to maybe see you and meet some more great people at the Roseland shows.
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

jsteinb wrote:Super delayed post coming through.

Had a great time and met some cool people that made the wait bearable. Pretty sure it was sandmaniac3 who was right after me in line and shot the shit to kill time (rad hat by the way.) If I remember 2crazikids(?) and her husband stood infront of me during the show and talked about economics and music w/ yr husband. I am a little soured by how the line was handled though seeing that some of the last Lightning Bolt LP's were sold to someone who totally skipped the line.

Had a great time regardless and hope to maybe see you and meet some more great people at the Roseland shows.
Oh hey! Yeah I remember you. My husband is a crazy, amazing, awesome teacher (ecnomics/history/anthropology) so I hope he laid down some knowledge for you!

Annnnndd... I hope he didn't headbang you too hard when he was rocking out. :lol:
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

This poster really looks awesome framed up, it's defiantly my favorite of the tour so far. To be honest i wasn't so impressed with all the other posters from the other stops and i was really hoping there would be an amazing one for NYC, my prayers were answered :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

2crazikids wrote: I loved meeting you! I still think you were one of the best dressed fans there!
Is it me or are the rest of you still feeling the intensity from Friday night? I can't seem to concentrate, all I want to do is keep watching the replays.
jsteinb wrote: Pretty sure it was sandmaniac3 who was right after me in line and shot the shit to kill time (rad hat by the way.)
Thanks. You guys are awesome. Between you and Cathy, the time flew. I'm just glad that the one girl who cut in line didn't end up with a ticket!

And YES, my mind was reeling for days. I still get random flashbacks of awesomeness. I was completely numb that night on the ride home. So intense! It is good in the video, but you just cannot feel the intensity if you were not there. It was a good venue, small crowd, and really special vibe. Definitely one of my favorite concerts that I have been to.
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

hsp88 wrote:This poster really looks awesome framed up, it's defiantly my favorite of the tour so far. To be honest i wasn't so impressed with all the other posters from the other stops and i was really hoping there would be an amazing one for NYC, my prayers were answered :)
Thanks for posting. Looks great. Mine is at the framers now! I'll post a pic when it is done. Interesting choice with the white frame. I would not have thought of that.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

sandmaniac3 wrote:
hsp88 wrote:This poster really looks awesome framed up, it's defiantly my favorite of the tour so far. To be honest i wasn't so impressed with all the other posters from the other stops and i was really hoping there would be an amazing one for NYC, my prayers were answered :)
Thanks for posting. Looks great. Mine is at the framers now! I'll post a pic when it is done. Interesting choice with the white frame. I would not have thought of that.
thanks, ya i took a risk with the white but it came together really great, it looks really stunning in person
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

hsp88 wrote: thanks, ya i took a risk with the white but it came together really great, it looks really stunning in person
Yeah, pics just don't do this print justice. I am so excited to see mine come back.
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

Love back at y'all. And gotta agree, sand-y, the jaunty cap was pretty awesome.
visage
Little Bird

Post by visage »

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7232971/ ... P3_320kbps

for those of you who wanna hear it again - mp3 file, 320kbs, stereo and not bad quality considering the format !
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

cmelo wrote:Love back at y'all. And gotta agree, sand-y, the jaunty cap was pretty awesome.
OMG! I had so much fun meeting you and hanging... I miss you already... Wanna come down and see me sometime and we'll go antiquing? Orrrr we could go search for records... :lol: