Jack White @ The Roseland NYC - May 21 & 22

Worldwide - Since 2012
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Jack White @ The Roseland NYC - May 21 & 22

Post by Kali Durga »

Looks like I'm going to both nights now, too. Wheeeeee! Gonna make for crazy times at work that week, but what the hell.

I still have an extra ticket for the Monday, 5/21 show, if anyone is in need.

Edit: And the extra ticket's been claimed...
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

Kali Durga wrote:Looks like I'm going to both nights now, too. Wheeeeee! Gonna make for crazy times at work that week, but what the hell.

I still have an extra ticket for the Monday, 5/21 show, if anyone is in need.

Edit: And the extra ticket's been claimed...
Yay! Same here. Very crazy week indeed. Will puke later tonight after I drink a fifth of tequila b/c my husband is coming home from FL and will find out how much $$ I spent on tix... :o

Yeah, I got problems...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Has your husband seen Jack live? There should be no issue at all if he has. Otherwise, he needs to be edumacated ;)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

Kali Durga wrote:Has your husband seen Jack live? There should be no issue at all if he has. Otherwise, he needs to be edumacated ;)
Oh he's a believer that's for sure. No problems there. In fact he just texted me before he got on the plane that I am NOT TO SELL his ticket for Monday night. So it looks like both nights for me! Wooohoo!

Now... There's a little question of childcare for two nights...
monkhey
Little Cream Soda

Post by monkhey »

JUST GOT MY TICKET!
richardcosta
Little Cream Soda

Post by richardcosta »

can anyone enlighten me as to the parking situation at Roseland. going to be driving in from Boston area.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

richardcosta wrote:can anyone enlighten me as to the parking situation at Roseland. going to be driving in from Boston area.
Parking can be a pain and real expensive, I would park in New Haven and jump the NYC train ($28 RTN).
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

richardcosta wrote:can anyone enlighten me as to the parking situation at Roseland. going to be driving in from Boston area.
i will be parking nearby as well, am currently researching options. Crossing fingers for a garage nearby
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

2crazikids wrote:
i will be parking nearby as well, am currently researching options. Crossing fingers for a garage nearby
Just find any parking garage, probably a few blocks away from the venue is smart cause the ones closer know about the shows and charge more and get packed. typical NYC garages will run you close to 30$
vickdang
Little Bird

Post by vickdang »

2crazikids wrote:
There are plenty of garages in that area of midtown west. But if you have patience, want to save cash and can wait to park until 7pm; street parking is free after 7pm. Best street parking options would be west of the theater on 10th ave, then you could walk over. If you have a smartphone, download a parking app (i.e. best parking and no, I don't work for them, hehe) and it'll show you which street spots are avail at the time.
B2B
Little Bird

Post by B2B »

You can reserve a spot for $12 via parkwiz. Feel like I am back in Orlando...$12.
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

B2B wrote:You can reserve a spot for $12 via parkwiz. Feel like I am back in Orlando...$12.
oh hey. really... Orlando huh?
richardcosta
Little Cream Soda

Post by richardcosta »

Anyone get their tickets in the mail yet? I have not.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

It's probably way too soon to expect them. The confirmation said they'd be mailed no later than two weeks before the date, I wouldn't think that we'd receive them before late-April/early-May.
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

Kali Durga wrote:It's probably way too soon to expect them. The confirmation said they'd be mailed no later than two weeks before the date, I wouldn't think that we'd receive them before late-April/early-May.
Yeah I remember reading that too. But I can't wait to have those babies in my hand so I can cradle and caress them and put all my hopes and dreams of seeing both bands play on either of the nights. Sorry, too much... :oops: