Jack Playing the 55th Grammy's!

snippets and snails
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Re: Jack Playing the 55th Grammy's!

Post by Bikedo »

Aquamarine wrote:
dreamover wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:He's hurled his guitar around (or hit the drums with it) many times before--it was a planned dramatic ending. He couldn't have been pissed about the awards because the big one was still to come.
he had already lost two to the black keys. the big one had the black keys and obviously more competition. (mumford won)
That's still not why he tossed the guitar. He's not that ridiculous and/or childish enough to do that on a major national broadcast like the Grammys.

Which is also why he didn't say "fuck" in LI.
Y'all seem to know Jack really well.
Next time I have any questions about how and why he
does things or what his next move will be, I hope you don't mind me coming straight
to you guys for the right answers...... awesome!
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

Bikedo wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:
dreamover wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:He's hurled his guitar around (or hit the drums with it) many times before--it was a planned dramatic ending. He couldn't have been pissed about the awards because the big one was still to come.
he had already lost two to the black keys. the big one had the black keys and obviously more competition. (mumford won)
That's still not why he tossed the guitar. He's not that ridiculous and/or childish enough to do that on a major national broadcast like the Grammys.

Which is also why he didn't say "fuck" in LI.
Y'all seem to know Jack really well.
Next time I have any questions about how and why he
does things or what his next move will be, I hope you don't mind me coming straight
to you guys for the right answers...... awesome!
Aww, Meg, don't be rude.

Of course they don't know with any certainty. But this is an online forum and this is the kind of discussion that happens in places like this. Always to be taken with a grain of salt. But this is generally a more supportive place than most to discuss topics of shared interest with other people who often have more insight than those in other places on the net. Don't be a troll. And before you get a chance, don't start with the "this belongs in the Little Room" crap.
Has everything you said today been true?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

sandmaniac3 wrote:And before you get a chance, don't start with the "this belongs in the Little Room" crap.
As someone who enjoys both forums, thank you for that.

The only thing I'd suggest is that people qualify their statements in conversations of that nature-- "I assume...", "I think...", "It seems..." Because when it comes to Jack, we obviously don't know jack.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Kali Durga wrote:Because when it comes to Jack, we obviously don't know jack.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Aquamarine wrote:For that slot on the Grammys, he was rehearsed--they have to get the timing, the staging--hell, the fact that he's bouncing from one band to another! Like I said, he may not have told anybody else he was going to throw the guitar on the broadcast, but I'm sure he had it planned--wake people up, make a statement, etc. No way to know, of course, but as always I'm convinced I'm right. :)
And sometimes, I just assume people are smart enough to recognize that a statement is an opinion if it's not preceded by "Jack told me that . . " :roll: It's called rhetorical shorthand.

Like I care.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Aquamarine wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:For that slot on the Grammys, he was rehearsed--they have to get the timing, the staging--hell, the fact that he's bouncing from one band to another! Like I said, he may not have told anybody else he was going to throw the guitar on the broadcast, but I'm sure he had it planned--wake people up, make a statement, etc. No way to know, of course, but as always I'm convinced I'm right. :)
And sometimes, I just assume people are smart enough to recognize that a statement is an opinion if it's not preceded by "Jack told me that . . " :roll: It's called rhetorical shorthand.

Like I care.
You mean "It seems like I care" or "I think like I care" or "I assume like I care" :lol:
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

If I had a quarter for every time when I was a kid that my father gave me that b.s. line about "Don't ever assume anything, it makes an ass out of me and u"... It became ingrained.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

higherlimits wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:

Like I care.
You mean "It seems like I care" or "I think like I care" or "I assume like I care" :lol:
No, in this case Jack told me I care.