Blunderbuss on 2012 Best Albums year-end lists

snippets and snails
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Re: Blunderbuss on 2012 Best Albums year-end lists

Post by DBCooper »

Stay Gold wrote:
DBCooper wrote:Id rather put a stick in my eye than watch the grammy's.
dang, you're so like.. punk rock anti establishment and against the mainstream..

but seriously the grammys suck, but if there is moment when something cool is on why not watch it? stop trying to act too cool.
not trying to be cool. just dont want to watch the cast from the voice introduce his performance sponsored by budlight that is immediately followed by the award presented by Pink and Gangnam Style with Chris Brown winning. Sorry not for me. Ill watch Jack in the morning on youtube.
That can go now.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

Stay Gold wrote:
DBCooper wrote:
AJ123 wrote:F@21 seems to be getting all the award nominations when in actuality it is one of the weaker tracks on the album
Well 75% of the album is country/folk...not rock. Jack White is known mostly as a Rock Artist. This is extremely confusing to the comittee and pop world who care about the gay grammy's. I hope he doesnt even go.
Your beloved foo fighters were in the same category last year. They seemed happy about it. The Grammy have never been cool anything, but damn when an actually good artist gets nominated for something big, why not appreciate seeing them on the big stage?

It was great to see arcade fire come out of nowhere and steal the award from the heavy favorites like Katy perry and Eminem

Plus the chances are Jack will be performing and maybe we will see something cool with the two bands.

maybe its just the insanity of all those commercial breaks with the snippets of a good song that loop around and destroy the momentum of a song that make the grammys hard to stomach... if we only hear the first 2 measures of Freedom at 21 over and over just before the commercial breaks i would feel sick to death of the deconstructed bits but if they let the grammys be something more of a cultivated and transitioned program with well managed segments that feature the value of the artists more fully it might be ok... like cool facts inserted as bumps to commercial break etc.
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Blunderbuss is #3 ( :lol: ) on Rolling Stone's year end list.

Interestingly enough, they say Alabama Shakes' "Hold on" is the best song of the year.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Folks... you would not believe the art that i saw today hanging in the hall at the TMR... someone was taking a pic of it today but i didnt get it

Folks... ya gotta see it...an image of Jacks Interview Mag cover split down the middle with the other half as an albrect durer looking skeleton

its some sort of an award for going platinum or something.. full on gorgeous with white frame..only white one in hall

i kid you not this image was mind blowing... wow... wondering if rob was the artist
Littlema
Little Cream Soda

Post by Littlema »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:Folks... you would not believe the art that i saw today hanging in the hall at the TMR... someone was taking a pic of it today but i didnt get it

Folks... ya gotta see it...an image of Jacks Interview Mag cover split down the middle with the other half as an albrect durer looking skeleton

its some sort of an award for going platinum or something.. full on gorgeous with white frame..only white one in hall

i kid you not this image was mind blowing... wow... wondering if rob was the artist
Was it this one ? :
skeleton.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Littlema wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote:Folks... you would not believe the art that i saw today hanging in the hall at the TMR... someone was taking a pic of it today but i didnt get it

Was it this one ? :
skeleton.jpg

ahha... that be the one... seems that it is some sort of an award from Australia according to Cam S.

ok.. now for the backstory ms. ma!!!
Littlema
Little Cream Soda

Post by Littlema »

I remember that this was posted on a facebook group few months ago so i search, and apparently it's from an artist Ben Brown, here's the website :
http://www.benbrown.com.au/
and that's what i found on the print :
http://blurppy.com/2012/10/08/man-up-ma ... te-cancer/
http://au.artshub.com/au/news-article/n ... cer-192023
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

fantastic recall Littlema seriously.... and its quite odd that the very program which i am currently partnering with here in my city is called Man Up ... to be sure its not about health and prostate wellness so much as it is about honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. but it certainly is odd in all sorts of ways that I should be working with that organization this week and next week to honor the mans birthday

i found the logo for this ben brown fellow and it looked just like a Warner Brothers symbol only with 2 B's on a shield so... i guess thats another interesting parallel now that there is another BB on the scene... Ben Brown ha... who knew?? Here is a bit of description

One of Man Up’s Australian headliners Ben Brown says, “This is a great show to be involved with. Men seldom discuss health issues amongst each other, and anything that gets the conversation started has to be good. I myself have had checks for prostate and bowel cancer owing to family histories. With a couple of young kids in my life now, it makes total sense. Deb is a legend and I am happy to get behind this initiative.“
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Here in Seattle we really like Jack White:

http://store.easystreetonline.com/rel/v ... deptnr=130

Also Easy Street is closing one of their locations this month. That location is what I consider MY record store. I am entirely bummed about it.
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

Inside The Album Of The Year: Jack White ‘Blunderbuss’

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/16/ ... underbuss/

(Video interview with commentary from a number of music critics on the strong points of Blunderbuss.)
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson