So. what's next?

snippets and snails
AJ123
Little Ghost

Re: So. what's next?

Post by AJ123 »

I do hope Jack is like one of the artists that releases an album every 1 to 2 years
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

AJ123 wrote:I do hope Jack is like one of the artists that releases an album every 1 to 2 years
I can honestly say Blunderbuss stands as quite possibly my favorite album of all time, next to With The Beatles, London Calling and Highway 61 Revisited of course ;) . Hell, I'm planning to permanently imprint some of it's imagery and themes on my body; it's a really inspiring and beautiful record.
However, I don't know if I'm really ready for another album.
As a fan I feel like I put SO much into this album. Stalking news feeds, forums, the vault, chasing yellow trucks through busy NYC streets, waiting ten plus hours in line for the coveted railing spot, going damn near bankrupted for merchandise. I just feel EXHAUSTED, and to be honest I really think Jack feels the same way. That's not to say I wouldn't KILL for new Jack material, I just feel like I want to be hanging for a bit longer before getting thrown into another project. Some of the fun of a new record is the build up, the anxiety, the anticipation!
Maybe I just feel this way because after missing The White Stripes' bandwagon I clung to this SO tightly that I want those same few years to boil over excitement with.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I just being awfully strange about the whole scenario? :lol:
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

AlexFaderr wrote:
AJ123 wrote:I do hope Jack is like one of the artists that releases an album every 1 to 2 years
I can honestly say Blunderbuss stands as quite possibly my favorite album of all time, next to With The BeatlesHowever, I don't know if I'm really ready for another album.
Think about one of your favorite albums With the Beatles. it was released the same year (about 9 months) after Please Please Me.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

AlexFaderr wrote:
Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I just being awfully strange about the whole scenario?
Not strange at all. I know the feeling of psychic exhaustion, hanging on every Jack possibility and chasing every lead, at the same time that I miss it like mad now he's taking time off.
:lol:

(The Beatles era was a whole different scenario for albums for all sorts of reasons, though--waaaaaaay fewer bands, a fraction of the time spent recording because most albums were 90% filler in a singles-dominated market, etc. But I remember the night With the Beatles came out, and--but I digress.)
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

AlexFaderr wrote:
I can honestly say Blunderbuss stands as quite possibly my favorite album of all time, next to With The Beatles, London Calling and Highway 61 Revisited of course

However, I don't know if I'm really ready for another album. Maybe I just feel this way because after missing The White Stripes' bandwagon I clung to this SO tightly that I want those same few years to boil over excitement with.
i can understand where Blunderbuss would feel like 'a most favorite album to date' but i have felt that way about many of Jacks albums over time with his various bands given the fact that he covers so many styles that i listen to... Blunderbuss nearly rolls them all up into one

that having been said there have also been albums which were not my favorites but have incredible singular moments on there that stand out beyond the entire album to 'devastating degrees' that make me understand more about how jack needs to write as he goes to capture what he feels along the way if for no other reason that to make sense of the ironies and intricacies of the forces that drive us all on and on and on

the albums themselves represent stellar points of understanding into the persona that he is and as he continues becoming who he is... somewhere along the way in this last tour i felt jack shifting his taken on what and how he wanted to play again and it was no surprise when he made some statement to the media that he was composing again... the guy gets inspired and he also gets drawn to explore sound for its own sake and thus i am ready to keep on going with that flow and growth because Blunderbuss is burned into me deeply beneath my skin now

i honestly cannot wait to hear what he has been working out in his head and putting down on the vinyl... but thats just me
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

http://pitchfork.com/news/48956-jack-wh ... ne-ranger/

hopefully this means another record sooner than later....
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

maxman142001 wrote:http://pitchfork.com/news/48956-jack-wh ... ne-ranger/

hopefully this means another record sooner than later....
the smoke signals indicate that jack will be spending some time alone in the near future so expect nothing and you will not be disappointed... listen for everything and he will not let you down... i personally think these words in that article are loaded with all sorts of promotional enhancement while telling the story of how Johnny Depp no longer has much influence in the halls of Disney's Darker Side of their Dominion ... i dont blame Jack for stepping back and not wanting to get sucked in
"Jack White, who had originally been contemplated to score and has contributed several pieces of music to the production, was logistically unavailable due to scheduling conflicts that arose when the film’s release moved to July of 2013." The film was originally due for a May 2013 release date.
what kind of intelligent and inspired person would write 'originally been contemplated' ??? ... i think considered or offered might well have been an appropriate set of terms.... i can only imagine that once he realized he was dealing with people on that base level of character and cultivation then he very quickly became 'logistically unavailable around his birthday'

bully on you jack... good choice ... i still think the film will be fun but i am sure that johnny wants to choke on the script and lay off the clown white in the near future... poor guy... sucked into most plastic roles and decides to make the best of it while crackin open 10,000 dollar cases of wine
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Stay Gold
Little Bird

Post by Stay Gold »

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Spin.... :roll:
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Spin snagged that info from this interview-- http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01qfpd8 Jack's about 47 minutes in.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Well after the Grammy performance it appears jack will be needing a new guitar :)
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Not necessarily solo stuff...
Patient B1003
Stay Gold
Little Bird

Post by Stay Gold »

grumblestiltskin wrote:
Not necessarily solo stuff...
well last night he told rolling stone he is working on 20 to 25 new songs for the follow up and he doesnt know if he is going to release it this year.
Nicode70
Little Cream Soda

Post by Nicode70 »

antything new on this subject?
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

maxman142001 wrote:Well after the Grammy performance it appears jack will be needing a new guitar :)
I feel sad for that Tele, but if he's getting a new one, I hope it's a Gretsch, specially an Anniversary Jr! For me the Green Machine was the most awesome guitar he has ever used :)
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.