So. what's next?

snippets and snails
Stay Gold
Little Bird

So. what's next?

Post by Stay Gold »

Looks like there is one more date on the Blunderbuss tour, even though it's likely a few more will be added; but it certainly looks like this thing is winding down. So, will Jack lay low in Nashville, complete those unfinished songs, and whip out a new record? or do you think he will shift directions maybe focus on recording other artists at thirdman? Get the dead weather going again?

I think with the chemistry he has developed with the Buzzards and Peacocks there is a lot of ideas flowing in his mind and he could be eager to record it. Anyways.. I was bored, just wanted to see what you guys guess.
Last edited by Stay Gold on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaber
Little People

Re: So. what's next?

Post by Kaber »

One gig - rest up - then tour in the spring ?
Stay Gold
Little Bird

Post by Stay Gold »

sounds good to me. I've loved this tour so much. It's been a treat to follow.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Personally I would love for him to record new solo music while everything is flowing and chemistry is high with the two bands. I would love to see two albums or two sides to the album with heavier stuff with the buzzards and softer stuff with the peacocks. With this being said, I wouldn't really want to see them tour all over again so soon. If it took a year or so to get all that recorded and put together, I wouldn't mind.

I would love to see some new Raconteurs or even some Dead Weather. Would I go see Jack play solo again? Absolutely! I would probably go maybe once or twice when he was in the area, but I would probably travel to see Jack with the Racs or DW 4-5 times in a single tour just because it's been so long since I've seen it and we've all been waiting so long for it.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

arewhyehen wrote:Personally I would love for him to record new solo music while everything is flowing and chemistry is high with the two bands. I would love to see two albums or two sides to the album with heavier stuff with the buzzards and softer stuff with the peacocks.
I agree with the first statement, but not the second--Jack said himself that the girls rock as hard as the guys, and that people (not saying you did this) often bring preconceptions that the Peacocks are going to play softer arrangements just because they're women. Tell that to Carla Azar, I say!--and in any case, I saw some blistering shows this tour from both bands. But I agree, while the chemistry's there, now's the time to get some new stuff down. Though Daru has a short European tour soon, and I'm sure the others will have commitments here and there.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

I heard the Dead Weather was rising again or something.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

Jack has improvised so much and had so many partial moments of composition right there on stage that i think he may feel that he needs to do more capture work and thus will not stop practicing/playing daily with these artists... he will likely invite them to spend time perfecting and expanding those moments of inspiration over the holidays with anyone who is not on tour (original collaborators too) for the sake of maintaining the momentum of creativity and productiveness that this tour has spawned... in my view he has moved into the realms of jazz and folk fusion and will be affording a virtual renaissance of sound and new artists at TMR for some time to come due to this release and subsequent tour

i think we will not only see 2 new albums from jack but more albums from these artists along w/a revival of jacks other bands/save for the stripes

helms allee with good time and measure in nashville to the degree that they can elect to have a show there any time they please now that everyone is living there.... most certainly i know that cathrine popper will be back in with another band here shortly as will daru j. have a quick tour but i can only imagine that any one or group of these folks who love working with jack will be practicing regularly so that he can recapture those bits and pieces of his own brand of liquid gold ... that makes it a given we are going to be running to the ATM some more and the blue room will be a'rockin

Note:
due some seismic activity in whitesburg ky at the time of writing the original contents of this post which caused some very unpopular eye bleeding the post has been revisited and revised http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ ... 2a#summary
Last edited by theeradicaleclectic on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

arewhyehen wrote: I would love to see two albums or two sides to the album with heavier stuff with the buzzards and softer stuff with the peacocks.
Reminds of of Foo Fighter's In Your Honor
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

arewhyehen wrote: I would love to see two albums or two sides to the album with heavier stuff with the buzzards and softer stuff with the peacocks.

yeah... i am on that same wave once the recording starts again but i dont think the releases will happen in the near future... i would like to see 2 different albums released at the same time in that wacky jack fashion honestly
greekfood101
Little Acorn

Post by greekfood101 »

I we will be seeing another Dead Weather album but I would love to see The Raconteurs before the Dead Weather. I guess we will just have to wait and see though. You never know with him.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I may be alone in this but I hope jack spends a year producing. TMR releases have been a but stale since he hit the road. I may not have found FAK, Lanie or pokey as quickly without his legwork.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

AJ123 wrote:
Reminds of of Foo Fighter's In Your Honor
Which is one hell of an album by one hell of a band :)
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:

yeah... i am on that same wave once the recording starts again but i dont think the releases will happen in the near future... i would like to see 2 different albums released at the same time in that wacky jack fashion honestly

I think it goes without saying that Jack is always releasing things in a wacky fashion :)
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

greekfood101 wrote:I we will be seeing another Dead Weather album but I would love to see The Raconteurs before the Dead Weather. I guess we will just have to wait and see though. You never know with him.
The Raconteurs even reassembled last year and did a mini-tour, but no new music came out of that, so I don't see it happening any time soon. (Much as I love the Racs. :( )
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

i had the distinct feeling that the Racs did hang in the studio instead of pick up a few more dates for that one week in September solely for the purpose of creating/producing new material... i was also ready to swear that we would hear those tracks come out as a new release also but the vibe was weird and it seemed to me that Jack wanted Brendan's solo stuff to get the limelight time that he deserved without having to compete with another Racs release yet... i think that stuff will show up but not as an album because good money says that Brendan took the tracks he liked the most and used them for his solo stuff... just sayin