Jack White Film and Video Catalogue Discussion

snippets and snails
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Jack White Film and Video Catalogue Discussion

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

So... we all know that Jack White has a history of Films to his name with bit parts and also speaking/singing roles

There are a few definitive lists out there which offer 11 or 12 titles and a handful of musical credits

this thread is primarily to gather questions and answers as well as discussions associated with Jack's Videos and Film Production as time goes on... he may not choose to pursue such options for the sake of continuing to melt our faces in his amazing technicolor way that he does in live shows but the work he puts out in film/video is noteworthy to say the least ... i just wanted to kick off this thread with a discussion of the new Im Shakin video and set the tone for others when it comes to exploring and appreciating the sort of production that we know and have come to love from Jack

First off... Jack has a lot to live up to in the videography department given the greats he has already worked with and the wealth of stuff that we see from the historic notoriety that White Stripes had in its collection... astounding really

i think this video with Im Shaking seems to have been inspired by a homemade video that popped up on youtube sometime ago and then it was developed beyond the basics of a guy making some 'sick moves' with his street style into an actually plot and briefly narrative set of ideas that illustrate how opposites work to bring out the best in both

When it comes to the video production that we are seeing from Barcelona for jack's single "I'm Shakin'" directed by Dori Oskowitz... there is no shrouded mystery here... its a straight up return to the tongue and cheek style we know has always made for enjoyment of all ages .... no doubt about it... this video goes downtown judy brown

this is no cut and paste connect the dots... we see both a return to stop action technique where the timing of the music is echoed in the visual progression of the rafters changing colors and also the continued contrast of darks and lights to make the captivation factor in this huge

i like the subtle twists on character in the video which reminds us of how Jack himself plays both sides of the fence when it comes to being sort of gangster and proper business fella at any given time... we have nearly come to expect levels of diversity and contrast from jack in nearly everything he does.... totally fine workmanship crafting solid ideas

if there were any video that encapsulated the entire Jack White Solo tour i would have to say this is the one! top shelf

so... if anyone would like to compare this video to others put out this year or maybe even some of the old stripes videos or possibly the Hello Operator commercial with Dr. J... i would love to hear what you have to say about this as a consistent and strong addition to the body of the visual and multimedia production credited to jacks work

Note: given that the producers and directors of each of these works can be considered the final hand and leader of the production ... let us try and stick with how Jack makes his choices of who to work with and how he collaborates

ok... have at it!
Last edited by theeradicaleclectic on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Jettkoral
Little People

Re: Jack White Film and Video Catalogue Discussion

Post by Jettkoral »

It does vaguely remind me of that I'm Shakin' dancing video. If I remember correctly it was shown somewhere around here or on The Vault. Good call!