Jack's BLue Gretsch

snippets and snails
JuanCarlosVejar
Little Bird

Jack's BLue Gretsch

Post by JuanCarlosVejar »

anyone have any info/ close up photos of it ????

JC
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Re: Jack's BLue Gretsch

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

try the portland show... i think i saw a photo from there that showed adaptations to the back... Luthier: Randy Parsons

The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

he has more than 1
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Here's more info about "Blue Randy"-- http://seattletimes.com/html/nicolebrod ... ld21m.html
For months, Randy Parsons had thought about the moment when he would present the Gretsch-style guitar he had crafted to client Jack White.

On Tuesday, the Seattle guitar maker got his chance, when the leader of the White Stripes, the Raconteurs and Nashville's Third Man Records was playing the WaMu Theater, and invited Parsons to deliver the guitar to sound check.

It wasn't the first time they had worked together. Parsons had painted guitars for White, and he'd made White's trademark "Triple Jet" guitar out of copper.

This new blue one was made of wood from the American holly tree, with three bars inlaid in the back (White has a thing about the number three).

But White wasn't feeling well, and skipped sound check. So his guitar tech looked the guitar over and told Parsons that there were some issues with the thing.

Dejected, Parsons left the guitar in White's dressing room with an amp so he could try it out, along with a note saying that he was happy to make fixes.

Just before the show started, Parsons saw that his guitar wasn't among those on the stage.

Ah, well.

"Then the lights go down, the crowd goes crazy, and here comes Jack," Parsons recalled the other day. "And he's got my guitar over his shoulder."

White did a long encore, seven or eight songs, and played Parson's guitar the whole time.

"He would not give it up," Parsons said. "The whole thing played out like a movie."
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
JuanCarlosVejar
Little Bird

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

it appeared on the Parsons facebook

JC
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Looks like its been customized

orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:Looks like its been customized
Well yeah, Randy Parsons makes custom guitars. If Jack wanted a non-customized one I'm sure he'd just go buy one or call up Gretsch to give him one.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

good point but i was talking about the newly branded stencil... i had seen Randy's handy work when it was first delivered and am pretty much amused that Jack is now smitten with this new muse to the degree that he really hasnt taken it off when he steps up to the piano but rather slings it around to the back like the old days ... no more wacky strap either... pure bliss for the man

but....... what i was really seeing how the stencil was so fresh that it had not been clear coated and thus smeared with Jack's thrashing

my favorite part of the whole discussion of course :D
JuanCarlosVejar
Little Bird

theeradicaleclectic wrote:good point but i was talking about the newly branded stencil... i had seen Randy's handy work when it was first delivered and am pretty much amused that Jack is now smitten with this new muse to the degree that he really hasnt taken it off when he steps up to the piano but rather slings it around to the back like the old days ... no more wacky strap either... pure bliss for the man

but....... what i was really seeing how the stencil was so fresh that it had not been clear coated and thus smeared with Jack's thrashing

my favorite part of the whole discussion of course :D
Randy told me ... the one with the III on the back was given to Jack at the Wamu Theatre ... the other one with a Black Back and Blue matching headstock was a prototype ... The new one is made from american holly and protoype is mahogany .

Randy said Jack told him the new one sounds better . and he is going to keep both

prototype :

new one :

JC
Elephant
Little Cream Soda

Post by Elephant »

Kali Durga wrote:Here's more info about "Blue Randy"-- http://seattletimes.com/html/nicolebrod ... ld21m.html
For months, Randy Parsons had thought about the moment when he would present the Gretsch-style guitar he had crafted to client Jack White.

On Tuesday, the Seattle guitar maker got his chance, when the leader of the White Stripes, the Raconteurs and Nashville's Third Man Records was playing the WaMu Theater, and invited Parsons to deliver the guitar to sound check.

It wasn't the first time they had worked together. Parsons had painted guitars for White, and he'd made White's trademark "Triple Jet" guitar out of copper.

This new blue one was made of wood from the American holly tree, with three bars inlaid in the back (White has a thing about the number three).

But White wasn't feeling well, and skipped sound check. So his guitar tech looked the guitar over and told Parsons that there were some issues with the thing.

Dejected, Parsons left the guitar in White's dressing room with an amp so he could try it out, along with a note saying that he was happy to make fixes.

Just before the show started, Parsons saw that his guitar wasn't among those on the stage.

Ah, well.

"Then the lights go down, the crowd goes crazy, and here comes Jack," Parsons recalled the other day. "And he's got my guitar over his shoulder."

White did a long encore, seven or eight songs, and played Parson's guitar the whole time.

"He would not give it up," Parsons said. "The whole thing played out like a movie."
It's posts like this that keep me glued to this site! Thanks man & keep em' coming everyone!
"And you'll be watching me girl, takin' over the world, Let The Stripes unfurl, gettin' rich singin' "poor boy, poor boy"-III
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

I just recently got the ok from Jack to have Randy Parsons build me a triple jet. Randy said this is the only time he has given the ok!!! They aren't cheap!!! But worth every penny. Parson's Craftsmanship is epic! I plan on playing it! I won't be putting it behind glass!!! Takes 5-6 months to build(I'm sure jack can get his quicker). I'm just ecstatic. I've seen a lot of people buying gretschs and paying MORE than what ill pay for a genuine jet to make a knock off!!! Still on the fence about finish. Any suggestions?
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

thirdtesla wrote:I just recently got the ok from Jack to have Randy Parsons build me a triple jet. Randy said this is the only time he has given the ok!!! They aren't cheap!!! But worth every penny. Parson's Craftsmanship is epic! I plan on playing it! I won't be putting it behind glass!!! Takes 5-6 months to build(I'm sure jack can get his quicker). I'm just ecstatic. I've seen a lot of people buying gretschs and paying MORE than what ill pay for a genuine jet to make a knock off!!! Still on the fence about finish. Any suggestions?
so.. mahogany is a prime wood... is that the wood he is using here? natural finished?

nrssab
Little Acorn

Post by nrssab »

thirdtesla wrote:I just recently got the ok from Jack to have Randy Parsons build me a triple jet. Randy said this is the only time he has given the ok!!! They aren't cheap!!! But worth every penny. Parson's Craftsmanship is epic! I plan on playing it! I won't be putting it behind glass!!! Takes 5-6 months to build(I'm sure jack can get his quicker). I'm just ecstatic. I've seen a lot of people buying gretschs and paying MORE than what ill pay for a genuine jet to make a knock off!!! Still on the fence about finish. Any suggestions?
Wow cool! Congrats that you got the ok, what kind of finish do you have in mind? Natural, color; highgloss, matt?
Be sure to show us the Tripple Jet once you get it, I'm quite excited about someone here getting one. Would you be willing to answer some more questions of mine via PM?
"If you can hear a piano fall, you can hear me coming down the hall".
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

Triple jet with the Black Penguin guise! :twisted:
Bigsby like the triple jet though. Not a fan of the Cadillac tailpiece.
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Coolest news in a while, man. Let us see it when she's safe in your hands.