I met Jack, he didnt like me.

snippets and snails
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Re: I met Jack, he didnt like me.

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Dude, what more do you want for the price of a ticket? Famous peoples just can't win. White is one of the most approachable people on the planet and he must get harassed every day. Still, he smiles, shakes, hands, and signs autographs. He gets on line to chat with his fans. He gives us Halloween parties, and balloons, and soda pop. Roll with it.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Dude, what more do you want for the price of a ticket? Famous peoples just can't win. White is one of the most approachable people on the planet and he must get harassed every day. Still, he smiles, shakes, hands, and signs autographs. He gets on line to chat with his fans. He gives us Halloween parties, and balloons, and soda pop. Roll with it.
I really don't appreciate the attitude, Ara.. :roll:
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

arewhyehen wrote:
anonymousbrunette wrote:Dude, what more do you want for the price of a ticket? Famous peoples just can't win. White is one of the most approachable people on the planet and he must get harassed every day. Still, he smiles, shakes, hands, and signs autographs. He gets on line to chat with his fans. He gives us Halloween parties, and balloons, and soda pop. Roll with it.
What attitude? She has a point. We all love to say that what he does is easy but the fact is that it isn't. Jack White is not a people pleaser. He does the most he can for the fans and then some. We all have off days maybe this is just that.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
jasonbubalo
Little Bird

Post by jasonbubalo »

I didn't expect anything more. It was the only time Ive met him and I politely asked for an autograph, I would have been fine with a 'no' or 'Im really tired' or 'thanks but I dont do autographs.' Anything besides being mocked and thrown out. (like I said before, beggars cant be choosers). I was just curious after this happened to me if he was like this to other people or I just caught him at the wrong time.

I don't reckon I'll meet him again, and that's fine with me. I also had a backstage pass for the show at the Mayan but didnt get a chance to say hi. That may have been why I really wanted to this time. Proabably should have just left with my friends, and if I could go back in time, I would have just left with my friends.

I met this 12 year old kid who had his mom drive him from phoenix for the show cuz jack wasnt playing in arizona. He said waited over two hours after the show to try and get jack to sign his lyric book (he's an aspiring musician). He had a similar story someone else posted, there was five or six people left when jacks car came out and he didnt slow down. I don't blame Jack for that, Im just saying thats what the kid told me.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

I don't think Jason was expecting more he was just sharing his story & from what i've read felt kind of embarrassed/bad that he might have displeased Jack...

You've got more guts than me, if i ever met Jack "It's My Fault For Being Famous" would be in the back of my head & i'd be too scared to say anything.
houses are full of things that gather dust
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

littleacorn wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
What attitude? She has a point. We all love to say that what he does is easy but the fact is that it isn't. Jack White is not a people pleaser. He does the most he can for the fans and then some. We all have off days maybe this is just that.
I was being sarcastic...hence the eye roll..
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

I thought an eyeroll was a sign of displeasure..
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
anonymousbrunette
Little People

littleacorn wrote:I thought an eyeroll was a sign of displeasure..
Ha - me too!

Thanks Ryan. These gosh darn interwebs! [waves walking stick in the air}
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

man, that's weird. sorry it didn't work that time around.
i met him at frank hot dogs at sxsw in 2011 and he actually came into the restaurant to eat. there was seasick steve as well, sippin on some coffee and chewing on his mustache.
i approached jack, and he actually put his hand up in a 'stop' motion. i assumed that meant that he didn't want to talk to me, so i went back to the bar, feeling sorry for myself.
i glanced back over where he was and he was getting out of his chair and walking towards the hallway to the bathroom. he quickly glanced at me and motioned hurriedly for me to come over there. i, of course, immediately obliged and racewalked over to him. he opened the door to the bathroom and told me to come in with him and i paused for a second...
"what the hell? am i going to have girl talk with jack in the f-ing bathroom at a hot dog restaurant?" i stopped asking questions and walked in.
immediately, he pulls out 4 different sized bags of cocaine.
"WHOA, man! it's f-ing 9:23 am, mister!"
then i looked up at him and realized that it wasn't jack white at all. it was just some drug dealer.
anyway, i bought the biggest bag he had to offer and i don't remember anything after.
all in all, i'd say jack white is a pretty nice guy.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Hamptonio wrote:man, that's weird. sorry it didn't work that time around.
i met him at frank hot dogs at sxsw in 2011 and he actually came into the restaurant to eat. there was seasick steve as well, sippin on some coffee and chewing on his mustache.
i approached jack, and he actually put his hand up in a 'stop' motion. i assumed that meant that he didn't want to talk to me, so i went back to the bar, feeling sorry for myself.
i glanced back over where he was and he was getting out of his chair and walking towards the hallway to the bathroom. he quickly glanced at me and motioned hurriedly for me to come over there. i, of course, immediately obliged and racewalked over to him. he opened the door to the bathroom and told me to come in with him and i paused for a second...
"what the hell? am i going to have girl talk with jack in the f-ing bathroom at a hot dog restaurant?" i stopped asking questions and walked in.
then i looked up at him and realized that it wasn't jack white at all. it was just some drug dealer.
anyway, i bought the biggest bag he had to offer and i don't remember anything after.
The proof is in the pudding, just look at his avatar....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

Hamptonio wrote:anyway, i bought the biggest bag he had to offer and i don't remember anything after.
You ended up in a blue dress out by a tree.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

rsimms3 wrote:
Wait just a second. I'm responsible for that avatar! Dave called me collect one night, something about an alibi/character witness, blah, blah, blah, asking me to cobble something together for his profile. He paid me in crack.

All is illuminated...

My ISO/FS/FT List
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

anonymousbrunette wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
Wait just a second. I'm responsible for that avatar! Dave called me collect one night, something about an alibi/character witness, blah, blah, blah, asking me to cobble something together for his profile. He paid me in crack.

All is illuminated...
truth.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

cmelo wrote:
Hamptonio wrote:anyway, i bought the biggest bag he had to offer and i don't remember anything after.
You ended up in a blue dress out by a tree.
I still can't find this picture!
Anyone got a link?
jasonbubalo
Little Bird

Post by jasonbubalo »

Hamptonio wrote:"WHOA, man! it's f-ing 9:23 am, mister!"
watch out for the bath salts. you dont want to end up in a blue dress eating someones face off.