I met Jack, he didnt like me.

snippets and snails
higherlimits
Little People

Re: I met Jack, he didnt like me.

Post by higherlimits »

Just saying that it doesn't seem like he would typically brush people off..
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I talked to him at The End. I kept it short and sweet, we clanked beers twice and off I went. He was real nice. I would love to ask for his autograph, but thanks to 2 people here I already have it and one Meg ! But......it would mean so much more to get it in person. Sorry, things went South on you. Would make it easy to just say fuck you Jack, but we all have off nights ! Several of the big time stars I have sort of met all came off as an asshole. Hell, they just get pulled in to many directions.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kenny
Little Bird

Post by Kenny »

I've never met Mr. White, but I have met several famous entertainers at various points and I can say they're usually not at their best after a performance. The only times I've had good interactions with performers after a show is when I've engaged them with questions directly about their performance or it was a special show that went really well. I doubt you did anything wrong, the backstage meet and greet was probably more supposed to be an opportunity to shake hands and say hi than it was for signatures and it's likely White's manager was the one getting you out so White could say hi to everyone and his team could end the night.

I bet if you meet White somewhere other than after a show, he'd have more time and energy for you. It certainly doesn't sound like you gave him any reason to not like you.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

OR he's finding it harder to be a gentleman every day. :twisted:
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

which night?
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

I met Jack and he told me he didnt like you
Never trust a hippy
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

dmdv1 wrote:I met Jack and he told me he didnt like you
:lol:
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

i would like to add that Jack has been suffering some pains with this recent tour which may well be good reason for him not to want to hold and inkpen or visit with fans

Flattop may have been onto something with 'after show is not the time for autographs'... just my objective opinion
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

hawke000 wrote:
higherlimits wrote:Weird, when I met him I got an autograph, a picture and a DT 3".. No issue at all
well aren't you mary fucking poppins.
hahahahaha oh man. i miss hanging out here.
jasonbubalo
Little Bird

Post by jasonbubalo »

mkuborn wrote:
hawke000 wrote:
higherlimits wrote:Weird, when I met him I got an autograph, a picture and a DT 3".. No issue at all
well aren't you mary fucking poppins.
hahahahaha oh man. i miss hanging out here.
I was thinking to myself, where are all the sarcastic smart-asses? It took like 20 comments for them to show up.

I tried to reply this about an hour ago, but I guess it didnt go through. I agree that backstage is not the ideal place to ask for an autograph, but I dont imagine I'll be running into Jack in Los Angeles anytime soon, so I asked and failed. I've met a lot of rock stars and musicians I admire living in Los Angeles, most have actually been really cool.

I probably shouldn't be asking for autographs in the first place. My friends all think its lame that I'm almost 30 years old and I still bring a record and sharpie to almost every show I go to. (though they are jealous at some of the signatures I've gotten over the years.) Maybe I'll just stop that. It is annoying carrying records an entire show. Most of the LP jackets that have been signed over the last few years also have beer and/or jack and coke spilled on them. Lately Ive learned to leave the actual vinyl at home and just bring the jacket.

I was and still am bummed about how it all went down, but I guess that's my own fault.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Silver lining - You were backstage after a Jack White solo show and were able to meet him as well as shake his hand. There are a LOT of people that don't even get to shake his hand. You still did good.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Vytis33
Little Cream Soda

Post by Vytis33 »

Working 12 hours at a steel mill and a 90 minute concert performance aren't exactly the same thing. Listen, as a celebrity you're always going to disappoint somebody. If there are 100 people waiting for you to sign autographs after a show, and you stop to sign 20, 80 people are bummed out.

I love Jack's work as an artist but it would be great if he was a little more open to interactions like this. I know I was one of the last 10 people or so waiting after the Chatanooga show when he finally came out, didn't so much as look over at all of us. Could have signed, posed for a picture or just said thanks for coming in all of 3 minutes. Just my take on it, a little disappointing but no big deal at the end of the day.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Vytis33 wrote:Working 12 hours at a steel mill and a 90 minute concert performance aren't exactly the same thing. Listen, as a celebrity you're always going to disappoint somebody. If there are 100 people waiting for you to sign autographs after a show, and you stop to sign 20, 80 people are bummed out.

I love Jack's work as an artist but it would be great if he was a little more open to interactions like this. I know I was one of the last 10 people or so waiting after the Chatanooga show when he finally came out, didn't so much as look over at all of us. Could have signed, posed for a picture or just said thanks for coming in all of 3 minutes. Just my take on it, a little disappointing but no big deal at the end of the day.
I was there with you then and yes, he bolted to his bus from the building. Did not even come close to the parking lot with the few of us left or even look our way. A few of the ladies from the band were out and walking around and hells beach were also out right after the show....nothing from jack.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

higherlimits wrote:Just saying that it doesn't seem like he would typically brush people off..
I met him once too - same story as you. He signed a record, talked to me for a bit, and got a picture. He was super nice to my wife and I...
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

arewhyehen wrote:
Vytis33 wrote:Working 12 hours at a steel mill and a 90 minute concert performance aren't exactly the same thing. Listen, as a celebrity you're always going to disappoint somebody. If there are 100 people waiting for you to sign autographs after a show, and you stop to sign 20, 80 people are bummed out.

I was there with you then and yes, he bolted to his bus from the building. Did not even come close to the parking lot with the few of us left or even look our way. A few of the ladies from the band were out and walking around and hells beach were also out right after the show....nothing from jack.
He waved when he went in, probably felt he did his bit. :D But really, he was probably both tired and wired after the show, And if he was like me, deaf.