I met Jack, he didnt like me.

snippets and snails
alteridiom
Little Acorn

Re: I met Jack, he didnt like me.

Post by alteridiom »

Ate lunch at Burger Up yesterday and wouldn't you know it Jack, Karen, and their son were two tables over. Very cool. Couldn't bring myself to bother him since he was with the family. I imagine he was getting some quality time in before heading out on the European tour.
Looking for White Denim Black and Blue
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

alteridiom wrote:Ate lunch at Burger Up yesterday and wouldn't you know it Jack, Karen, and their son were two tables over. Very cool. Couldn't bring myself to bother him since he was with the family. I imagine he was getting some quality time in before heading out on the European tour.
Probably research for an OpEd piece in the NY Times about Nashville cuisine.....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

alteridiom wrote:Ate lunch at Burger Up yesterday and wouldn't you know it Jack, Karen, and their son were two tables over. Very cool. Couldn't bring myself to bother him since he was with the family. I imagine he was getting some quality time in before heading out on the European tour.
Wow, Jack really is a jerk, didn't bring his daughter to lunch.
:arrow:
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

The hipsters who follow Jack around kidnapped her for some messianic religious ritual. Obviously.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
Wow, Jack really is a jerk, didn't bring his daughter to lunch.
:arrow:
Way to go with the simms sarcasm sign....! Props.
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

alteridiom wrote:Ate lunch at Burger Up yesterday and wouldn't you know it Jack, Karen, and their son were two tables over.
Cool of you not to bother them. I hope that Jack's wife...er, ex-wife...er, sister...er, friend...er, co-parent...er, backup singer...er, uncategorized female associate...puts out another album soon. (I'm half expecting some intrepid journalist to go sleuthing around through the Nashville public records and find out that they're not actually divorced after all. Either that, or else she's now legally his sister. :lol: )

I wonder if Jack or other celebrities would feel bothered if someone asks their waiter to send a little note over to their table; maybe with a small token of appreciation, like a slice of pie. I suppose even that could get tiresome if it started to happen almost every time you were dining out. (I don't mean a note like "Hey, can I get an autograph and picture and a lock of your hair?" or something trying to lure him to stop by your table; but maybe just something like "Thanks for all the great music, you've made my world a brighter place. Peace." I guess probably the best thing of all is to pretend that you don't even notice him there; so that he can pretend that he's eating his meal without an audience watching.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
NotACollector
Little Bird

Post by NotACollector »

DeeBee wrote:
alteridiom wrote:Ate lunch at Burger Up yesterday and wouldn't you know it Jack, Karen, and their son were two tables over.
Cool of you not to bother them. I hope that Jack's wife...er, ex-wife...er, sister...er, friend...er, co-parent...er, backup singer...er, uncategorized female associate...puts out another album soon. (I'm half expecting some intrepid journalist to go sleuthing around through the Nashville public records and find out that they're not actually divorced after all. Either that, or else she's now legally his sister. :lol: )

I wonder if Jack or other celebrities would feel bothered if someone asks their waiter to send a little note over to their table; maybe with a small token of appreciation, like a slice of pie. I suppose even that could get tiresome if it started to happen almost every time you were dining out. (I don't mean a note like "Hey, can I get an autograph and picture and a lock of your hair?" or something trying to lure him to stop by your table; but maybe just something like "Thanks for all the great music, you've made my world a brighter place. Peace." I guess probably the best thing of all is to pretend that you don't even notice him there; so that he can pretend that he's eating his meal without an audience watching.
He still calls her his wife so I think they are still married, but without rings. So much mystery. :lol:

A girl sent Jack a cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory and he turned it down because he wanted to eat healthy but he bought one for her as a thank you. :)
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

n/m.
Last edited by DeeBee on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

A gang of 8 or so of us waited after the Hammersmith show which was on Friday night. We waited a little over 2 hours whist Jack and both bands attended an after show party. Security kept saying it could be 30 minutes it could be hours until he came out.

After watching a series of people carriers roll out from the venue eventually around 1:30 am Jack's car came out, rather than drive straight out at regular speed on to the main road, the driver drove at a slower pace and the car pulled to a halt once it reached the group, someone must have told Jack a bunch of us were waiting. Suddenly the door pulled open and Jack was there and he looked genuinely happy to see us, he was smiling and stuff. He was laughing and joking with the others who were in the car (I spotted Ikey Owens who happened to find the whole thing hilarious, he and Jack were cracking each other up).

Jack spoke to us a little, I had the opportunity to say 'thank you, for everything' and I told him I'd traveled down from Scotland for both shows and had the time of my life and thank you again' (or something to that effect). I asked if he could sign the poster I bought at the show and he said 'sure thing, sweetheart.', I didn't shove the poster in his face or anything rude like that.

With the exception of one person I'd say all of us were very well behaved and non-demanding. One girl in particular got a little over excited which caused Jack to say 'Woooah, calm down sweetie' I definitely picked up on a dry sense of humor which is the type of thing I would say in a similar tone to be honest.

The whole thing lasted for about 2 or so minutes until his tour manager (I think) told us to step back so he could get in the car, he did a good job of wrapping things up tbh.

That was my experience. It's very difficult to judge the encounter as a whole as you can imagine I had tunnel vision so can only speak on my interaction with Jack which I must say was great although it didn't last long at all. He was very nice to me and I can only hope that I didn't come across as rude and invasive when I engaged with him :)

To the OP, I'm very sorry that you didn't have a good experience, I'd have been a little crushed too but I'd try and let it go, perhaps it just wasn't the right time, either he wasn't in the mood, you may have misjudged the moment to ask, who knows it could have been a whole lot of things that are just outwith your control. Consider yourself lucky to have had the opportunity to go back stage, I'd LOVE to see what goes on back there, you had an experience and insight that some of us would love to have :)

Chin up buddy :)
Last edited by Scarlet Siren on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Post by hellosmith »

^ cool!!
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

hellosmith wrote:^ cool!!
It was very cool indeed. i really appreciated the time Jack took to greet us, he really didn't have to. I wouldn't dare try it again though! Once is enough for me! :D
JRedmond3
Little Cream Soda

Post by JRedmond3 »

http://www.cozycot.com/enews/article/Ax ... int-171531

Uh Oh. Looks like Axl's very presence has begun to influence Jack. Next thing you know he'll start smack talking / suing Meg, then lock himself in the TMR building for 15 years working on a new White Stripes album.
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

The mysterious "G" single... Guns 'n Roses?
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
billstickers33
Little Cream Soda

Post by billstickers33 »

JRedmond3
Little Cream Soda

Post by JRedmond3 »

Jack turned down Slash too, perhaps a show of solidarity with Axl?

Jack and Axl are sort of polar opposites in regards to output though, Axl put out 1 record in about 20 years, meanwhile Jack's whole body of work was released in that same timeframe.

I wouldn't really mind a collab though. People may hate Axl now but he was one of the greatest rock vocalists/lead singers ever, I'm sure whatever they came up with would be interesting, to say the least.