Blunderbuss lyric discussion

snippets and snails
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Re: Blunderbuss lyric discussion

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

well... once again we have to disagree because i pretty much think that you misrepresent yourself when you say you dont know jack and never will

the simple value of this exchange is that opinions are just that and i feel that having mine does nothing to you having yours or others having theirs

why have i been bold and made a statement as such?? because you are front row at jacks shows far too often for him not to know about you

pretty sure jack actually waved at your little clutch of friends at the Webster and has read plenty about your personal life at the little room
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:thanks... i will take that as a kindly suggestion from an elitist hipster tool.

i have this question for you and will ask it directly to keep things simple

why do you label yourself like that?
I am just taking the labels people give me. Do you have one you would like to add?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

im not one to fix labels even if one slips out of my mouth

if you want one then i comfortable labelling you as a 'person'
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:im not one to fix labels even if one slips out of my mouth

Thanks
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Stl_ben wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote:im not one to fix labels even if one slips out of my mouth

Thanks
im really more interested in how you would label yourself besides the proper nouns associated with societal orientation...
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I am all in favor of people having their own opinions, and have never said anything to the contrary. Likewise I have always stated my opinions--to which I am also entitled--are my own. But this is fact, not opinion: I have never met Jack White, never will, never want to. He knows nothing about me, and wouldn't care if he did--he has far better things to think about, plays far too many shows I'm nowhere near, and meets far too many people who are not me. It blows my mind that anyone would think otherwise.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

i respect you Aqua... i respect that you wish to keep your life simple while recognizing others for their own conditions ... i dont respect denial twisting

my point here is more to the real and qualified points of simply hearing and seeing things broadcast on national media ... its plain packaging

when it comes to myself and peoples perceptions of me i think you have kept it simple as well... thats cool... other people close to you try to twist it bad
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:i respect you Aqua... i respect that you wish to keep your life simple while recognizing others for their own conditions ... i dont respect denial twisting

my point here is more to the real and qualified points of simply hearing and seeing things broadcast on national media ... its plain packaging

when it comes to myself and peoples perceptions of me i think you have kept it simple as well... thats cool... other people close to you try to twist it bad
I respect denial twisting. Denial Twist is one of my favorites.
In that spirit:

Just because she makes a big rumpus
She don't mean to be mean or hurt you on purpose, boy
Take a tip and do yourself a little service
Take a mountain turn it into a mole
Has everything you said today been true?
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

sandmaniac3 wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote:i respect you Aqua... i respect that you wish to keep your life simple while recognizing others for their own conditions ... i dont respect denial twisting

I respect denial twisting. Denial Twist is one of my favorites.
In that spirit:

Just because she makes a big rumpus
She don't mean to be mean or hurt you on purpose, boy
Take a tip and do yourself a little service
Take a mountain turn it into a mole
i agree with you right up to the point where the people who twist the truth begin to push issues on strangers relative to who is credible and who is not as part and parcel of promoting the idea that someone is either insane or not reasonable and then i disagree with you on the matter of forcing a person to defend themselves on a regular basis... whats even a little more disturbing is when the person is being told that they cannot even see or hear what they really saw or heard... the boundary of respect calls for mutuality which in essence qualifies that one is allowed opinion and perception itself

denying and discrediting a person or an idea or an event to the degree of nullifying its existence as both expression and meaning is barely humane... deniable plausibility is not the same as a patterned response of oppression and manipulation in the form of marginalization
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

I don't disagree. However I will follow with this; I used to talk like you. Then I learned through business that saying what you mean in a concise manner is often significantly more valuable than being able to elaborate to the extent that you do. In other words... don't use a paragraph when a sentence is all that is necessary. Especially on a forum, it turns people off and they argue with you in spite of the possibility that they might agree with you.
Has everything you said today been true?
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

nail on head... i just dont have an agenda... i guess thats my point so i say it how i feel it... maybe i should feel less and focus more then?
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:nail on head... i just dont have an agenda... i guess thats my point so i say it how i feel it... maybe i should feel less and focus more then?
Yes.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

ok then... fair is fair.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

2crazikids wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote:
Last night while listening to the Unstaged show i definitely heard Jack say Meggie in Top Yourself when he was talkin about givin up the Midnight Creep and you could see the visible cringe on his face once he realized that it poured forth but i think he kept it in when returning to the chorus
I have to disagree with you there. He said "Mags" referring to the pedal steel player, then he said the chorus again with "Lillie Mae" calling to each of them to give a little solo effort right before the big finish.
yep... i gotta call it like i saw it... i went back and watched and have decided that there is no denying this detail... boof ... those are orchestration calls

apologies all around to the crowd on this one and im glad to be wrong about that quote because its no ones suffering that needs to happen on that account

i do stand by the general concept of what i see as denial in a few other instances though and please dont take it anymore individually than applies

im conflicted over this issue of plausible denials when it comes to how it impacts personal privacy etc. but mostly in the private sector it comes down to none ya

as for public sectors and accountability the entire world of media and politics is fraught with it
21x3
Little Bird

Post by 21x3 »

first of all, i appreciate the song, freedom at 21...."she's got freedom, she's 21x3..." heh heh heh ;) jk

hypocritical kiss hits home w/ me. 'nuff said there, but when he sings "strong" as in "i know the feeling's strooong...", that's just beautiful.

blunderbuss seems really sad, but like a beautiful sadness, if that makes sense.

love interruption- not sure if i get this. is this that famous sarcasm or like a lil kid saying, im gonna be tough next time, im gonna beat up love before it beats me up. or im never gonna love again. or i want a love so strong that i just don't even stand a chance trying to fight it.

i guess i should go to sleep- fell in love with pokey and the boys last year, pretty excited that they make an appearance on this fun little song. 'apparently i can't please you, fuck it, i might as well just give up trying...' is what im hearing.

on and on and on is so lovely and soft and again, sad. the moon on the river is one of my favorite images. like ever.

that's all i got for now, although i think that jack's voice is the loveliest it's ever been :D
We are in a world all our own. Nobody understands any of this. I just try not to talk about it too much.