Jack's Website

snippets and snails
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Jack's Website

Post by Kali Durga »

He really does know how to tease, doesn't he?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

You guys need some more coffee this morning, video is up:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 9320697001
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Post by hellosmith »

rsimms3 wrote:You guys need some more coffee this morning, video is up:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 9320697001
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

that is one of the funniest photos i have seen in a minute... totally relate

So much of this particular phase of transition to a solo career is an unspoken measure of how much of jacks decision-making we take for granted... especially this new format at thirdman within jackwhiteiii which seems pretty bold and even highly appropriate when it comes to jack taking back his own creations/replevined rights to his domain of creative input that used to be some sort of shared crop value or something ... strange vision huh?

Its my experience that an artist has to do what an artist has to do for the sake of shutting down the invasive species that undermind our headspaces

Anyone look back on the photo previews at the site now that we have seen the video and get a better 'picture' of why the preview images worked to lessen the shock of what went on with the style and gestalt of the experience that the 'Salteens' video brought down upon the fans??

i couldnt be more thankful that when push comes to shove we are seeing the growth of an artist in their own chosen ways... the commercial world can be so unforgiving in this day and age but i havent a single worry that Jack fully understands the ground he stands on and how to work it really... cool
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
cmelo

jackwhiteiii.com homepage

Post by cmelo »

Mods, please remove if it's not legit for me to put this image up here...but I didn't know how long the quote would be up on his site. Bare your fangs, peeps....
jackwhiteiii_6-1-2012.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: jackwhiteiii.com homepage

Post by Stl_ben »

Wasn't there a thread already with with images from Jacks thread?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

Stl_ben wrote:Wasn't there a thread already with with images from Jacks thread?
Got me. If there is, lemme know and I'll delete this one.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

Oh, *right*! Thanks.

EDIT: Requested lock/deletion of this one.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Well, before it disappears--Linda really got under Jack's skin there. That's the sort of thing he used to put up then take down in the Rumors section on the Vault.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Why should we bare our fangs? For one thing, she's entitled to her opinion. For another, what difference does her opinion make to any of ours? And, for the last thing, Jack's so funny.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

I think she deserves some flak for it; because her opinion appears to be totally and completely uninformed.

Jack White's music is "lacking in passion"?? Really? And it's also lacking in genuine "realness" and authenticity?

Whatever an informed music critic might have to say about his music - whether they love it or hate it - those two specific criticisms are utterly unfounded. She probably has not listened to his live concerts at all; and she must have skipped over most of his album tracks, too. (She did, however, take due notice of his last name and also his pale complexion before pronouncing him one of the "whitest" musicians of all time - one who obviously has no respect for the black roots of blues music. Otherwise he wouldn't have such fair skin, you know? She must be quite proud of her powers of observation, being the first writer ever to notice or mention Jack White's complexion or his name.)

The quote is from an exceptionally dumb article in the LA Weekly titled "The Top 20 Whitest Musicians of All Time."
I started another thread to post the relevant excerpts, so folks would know where they're from:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=6406

(I started a new thread because it looked like this thread might be merged with the other one on the jackwhiteiii.com website.)
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Topics merged.

The blogger is quoted in an article entitled "The Top 20 Whitest Musicians of All Time". Props to the LA Weekly for its cutting edge, poignant reporting, and ongoing cultural sensitivity.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

DeeBee wrote:I think she deserves some flak for it; because her opinion appears to be totally and completely uninformed.
An ignorant opinion is even less worthy of attention, much less fang baring. Unless it's an influential ignorant opinion, which hers does not appear to be.
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

I'm not sure how much influence the writer has; but the LA Weekly is a major local source
of news and reviews on music, arts and entertainment - maybe more influential than you think.

(I moved the rest of my reply to Kali over to the thread that is specifically about this quote,
and the "Top 20 Whitest Musicians of All Time" list in the LA Weekly that it was taken from.)

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=6406&p=119720#p119720
Last edited by DeeBee on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson