Love Interruption Video

snippets and snails
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Love Interruption Video

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Gotta admit, I was expecting something else. But it's not bad in any sense, just different from my expectations. It is what it is and I still wholeheartedly look forward to (and have high hopes for) the album.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Man, one of the first things I figured out about Jack was to not have any expectations. He'll defy 'em every time.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

It was ok overall, I just kept thinking wtf is he looking at? he just keeps glancing around furtively, like he wants to look right at the camera but never does...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

When i think about what i am seeing it is a very haunting set of circumstances as if dreaming or possibly already passed over sort of setting with angels and disconnection of emotions entirely... not intimating a 'deadness' but more of a spirit essence to it as more introspection or the interior of his mind as opposed to some objectified real tv mockumentary style... departure from the past??

More to the point i recall somewhere that Jack said he was planning a different recording that day but someone did not show up so he decided to do this one instead... the women definitely have the look of back up singers in some traditional jack white retro styling ... given what i understand about Jack and his ideas around band mates it seems consistent that he wants them to shine as much as he does in their own ways as well

i think if i was singing those lyrics i would have to look away from the camera at certain times as well... they are a painful admission about love

just in case you hadnt noticed
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

That's an interesting perspective about the feeling of the song and video being haunting and otherworldly. Now that I think about it, that makes some sense. There is an evocative, moody, twilight or limbo zone feeling to it - something that the muted blue colors and fuzzy focus capture quite well. And it is a painful song in some ways, especially the lyrics. All of which is to say that it has very real value as an authentic heartfelt expression of the artist - even if it's personally not my favorite song, as a long-time fan of his music. We all have our musical likes and dislikes, and while I love most of his music, I never cared much for his hurtful and lost and whimpering songs; the TWS song "Do" is another one along those lines that comes to mind. I have to respect the raw emotional honesty in songs like that, and how it's an essential part of the total artistic portrait of the musician; but personally I really love the more powerful and blustery songs like Screwdriver. Ultimately it's just a subjective personal preference, as all musical tastes are.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson