Lazaretto song covers.

snippets and snails
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Lazaretto song covers.

Post by thirdtesla »

If you have a cover of a Lazaretto song, post it here. Here's a cover of Alone in my home I threw together. http://soundcloud.com/e-a-noir/alone-in-my-home-cover

If anyone would like the tabs to any songs on Lazaretto I've figured Em all out. If there's enough interest, I'll post Em all like I did with Blunderbuss.
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Re: Lazaretto song covers.

Post by luccamezz »

thirdtesla wrote:If anyone would like the tabs to any songs on Lazaretto I've figured Em all out. If there's enough interest, I'll post Em all like I did with Blunderbuss.
I'm looking for the correct tabs for Lazaretto and Black Bat's solo, if you have them :)
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

Will do. I'll go ahead and post Lazaretto riffs. Really only two riffs. Solo is played using the 15th position F#m pentatonic scale. And just the notes on the G, B, E strings. Starts on a 17th high e bend. I'll post solo and black bat when im at a computer. This is gonna give me carpel tunnel typing this tab on my galaxy. Ha. Prob turn out off cuz mobile text doesn't translate well to desktop. I'll try.

Lazaretto

h=hammer on(low note picked and high note fretted but not picked.)
p= pull off (pick higher note and release to lower note not picked)
Fig. 1
Main riff:
e|------------------|----------------------|-----------||
B|------------------|----------------------|-----------||
G|------------------|----------------------|-----------||
D|----4--2--------|-------4--2---------|---4--2--||repeat through verse
A|------------------|---------------4-----|-----------||
E|-2---------------|-0h2-----------0--|-2--------||
Fig. 2
Between verses (can play A barre at 5th position on E string and Ab barre at 4th if more comfortable. Jack plays open A)
e|-----------------|-------------------|----------------------||
G|-2--------------|-6----------------|----------------------||
D|-2(let ring)|-6(let ring)--|----------------------||
A|-0--------------|-4---------------|-4h5p4h5p4---||
E|-----------------|-------------------|-----------------------||
Repeat main riff until the silence bit in middle then
Bridge Riff(?)-played without band a few times then they come in. Ike with those crazy pac man sounds. Ha.
e|--------------------------------||-----------------------------------------------||
B|--------------------------------||----------------------------------------------||
G|--------------------------------||----------------------------------------------||
D|-----------------4-2----------||-------4-2--------------------4--2--------||
A|-------------------------4-----||--------------4-----------------------4-----||
E|-0-1-2-0-2--------------0-||-0-2-----------0-1-2-0-2-----------0--||
***********************{play complete riff 1x and repeat
***********************{this part (between the '||') through
***********************{bridge}***************************
# The bridge riff can be deceptively difficult. It's just a variation of the main riff with an added F note. He gets that cool flow by using the open E that sounds like it ends riff to start riff over instead of playing the open E twice like end of first and beginning of 2nd part.

Each Verse, the bridge, and solo ends with Fig. 2. Interesting song. No chorus. Verse or bridge could be called hook.
Last edited by thirdtesla on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

Of course main riff is played by bass until Jack starts singing and Jack often doesn't play the second part of the main riff live. Leaving it to bass player. Also, the last three notes, especially c# on A string(4th fret), are played fast... Prob why Jack doesn't play it and sticks to 3 notes beginning and end of three bar main riff. Hard to sing and play.
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

thirdtesla wrote:Will do. I'll go ahead and post Lazaretto riffs. Really only two riffs. Solo is played using the 15th position F#m pentatonic scale. And just the notes on the G, B, E strings. Starts on a 17th high e bend. I'll post solo and black bat when im at a computer. This is gonna give me carpel tunnel typing this tab on my galaxy. Ha. Prob turn out off cuz mobile text doesn't translate well to desktop. I'll try.

Lazaretto

h=hammer on(low note picked and high note fretted but not picked.)
p= pull off (pick higher note and release to lower note not picked)

Main riff:
e|----------------|--------------------|-----------||
B|----------------|--------------------|----------||
G|----------------|--------------------|----------||
D|---4-2--------|-------4-2--------|---4-2--||repeat through verse
A|----------------|-------------4-----|----------||
E|-2-------------|-0h2---------0--|-2-------||
Between verses (can play A barre at 5th position on E string and Ab barre at 4th if more comfortable. Jack plays open A)
e|------------------|-------------------|----------------------||
G|-2--------------|-6----------------|----------------------||
D|-2(let ring)-|-6(let ring)--|----------------------||
A|-0---------------|-4---------------|-4h5p4h5p4---||
E|-------------------|-----------------|-----------------------||
Repeat main riff until the silence bit in middle then
Bridge Riff(?)-played without band
e|--------------------------------|-------------------||
B|--------------------------------|-------------------||
G|--------------------------------|--------------------||
D|-----------------4-2----------|-------4-2-------||
A|-------------------------4-----|--------------4---||repeat through bridge
E|-0-1-2-0-2--------------0-|-0-2----------*--||*second riff ends on
Open E nut I excluded it because it's the same open E that starts the beginning of riff. So in other words, a bit of rest between first part and second part of riff but second riff goes right back to beginning of riff. Just listen. If I tabbed open E where * is and second part like it sounds, second part of riff would be it would be:
e|----------------------------------------------|
B|----------------------------------------------|
G|----------------------------------------------|
D|------4--2---------------------4--2-------|
A|-------------4-------------------------4----|
E|-0-2------------0-1-2-0-2-----------0-|
Each riff ends with chords and hammer on pull off riff. You hear it. Interstate song. No chorus. Verse or bridge could be called hook.
That was hard AS HELL to type on my cell phpne by the way. Ha. Rest will be done on computer. Ha.
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

Screw it.

Lazaretto solo:

^!-quick bend
^```````-held bend
^1```````-bend up 1 step and hold
>^-slow bend
¡- release bend to note
( )- ghost note
~-connected notes

e|17^1--17p14----14----14-17-14-|
B|-------------------17----17---------------|
G|-----------------------------------------------|

e|--------,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
B|-17^1-(17)~~(17)^1¡17--------,,,,,,,,,,,,|
G|------------------------------------16^1--(16)|

e|------17-------------------------------------------------|
B|-17-----17---17p14-------14--17---14--17-|
G|-----------------------------16-------------------------|

e|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|--14----14------------------------------------------------------------|
G|------16-----16---16-15~~15^!--15h16p15h16p15--|
............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,........................................,,,,,,,,,,,,
e|-17^1-(17)--(17)---14----14-17-17^1--17^1-(17)-¡17-|
B|-------------------------------17------------------------------------------|
G|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|--14-14-14-14----14--17>^-14-14-14-14-----|
B|---------------------17----------------------------------17-|
G|-----------------------------------------------------------------|
*play all the below double notes by banging strings into pickups and muting them quick (staccato)
e|-19-19-17-19--19-17-19-17--19-17-19-19--17-19-17-19|
B|-19-19-17-19--19-17-19-17--19-17-19-19--17-19-17-19|
G|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|--17-19-17-19--19-17-------,,,,,,,,,,---------------------|
B|--17-19-17-19--19-17--17^-(17)--15~~15----|
G|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|---------------------------------------------------------------x~|
A|---------------------------------------------------------------x~|
E|---------------------------------------------------------------x~|*these ~ mean bang and shake guitar. Listen and play to recording. Very hard to tab solos (especially on phone! ). But this is 100% correct. Seems hard. Pretty much bends.
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

I decided to write solo out on sheet music paper and take a picture. Just go to link. It's in my own bastardized form of sheet tab. It's tabs with note staffs to show how long each note is. Is a pretty simple solo. Only a few notes. The last part with double stops (two notes picked at the same time) he plays by pushing strings into pickup and using a staccato picking method. This should be way easier than the solo tab I wrote on my phone. I'll start tabbing all songs when I can sit at my laptop. Enjoy. Should be able to play tune note for note.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1YCWfd ... cslist_api
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

Thanks a lot, dude! My main issue was in the middle of the the main riff, but that is solved now haha
By the way, thanks for the solo and the sheets!
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

luccamezz wrote:Thanks a lot, dude! My main issue was in the middle of the the main riff, but that is solved now haha
By the way, thanks for the solo and the sheets!
Glad to help! Was my odd and confusing phone typed tab the one to which you refer or the picture of my hand written tab hybrid? So I assume you are having luck playing it? Insanely easy. But he gets a lot out of 5 or 6 notes. The technique he uses to play The double stops is a version of his studdering pick technique.
As for yer trouble with riff, I told friend to learn tab somewhere online and when I saw him he had the middle part of main riff wrong. I looked and both tabs online are wrong. One was-
D|-----4--2-------|
A|---4------4-----|
E|-2-----------2--|
The other was-
D|-----4--2-------|
A|------------2----|
E|-0-2---------0-|
And people thought they were right! Guess folks don't listen close and just hit notes. Ha. It's eery how much we think a like. I usually ask what note I'd play and 9 outta 10x it's what he plays. That's why I decided to see if you guys wanted tabs.

Now then. What are you calling the Solo in That Black Cat Licorice?
Its just three guitar parts throughout. Each one has a riff that repeats twice and adds a tag lick. Thays what im calling a part)I understand difficulty figuring it out. There are dubs and other instruments playing harmonies of base riff note. I even think Jack is using a harmonizer pedal. Maybe his whammy set to play 3rd,5th etc. Instead of octave. Or maybe he is using whammy to harmonize an octave higher. Maybe in an overdub. Maybe the POG (poly octave generator) is used (like Blue Orchid. When he utilized a POG to make single note riff sound full like a barre.)
At any rate, I'm Goin to tab out every note Jack plays.
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

luccamezz wrote:
thirdtesla wrote:If anyone would like the tabs to any songs on Lazaretto I've figured Em all out. If there's enough interest, I'll post Em all like I did with Blunderbuss.
I'm looking for the correct tabs for Lazaretto and Black Bat's solo, if you have them :)
That Black Cat Licorice
Tabbed by, E.A.

Part 1 - Play 2x

e|-------------------|------------------------------------|--------------------|
B|-------------------|------------------------------------|--------------------|
G|-12--------------|-12-------------------------------|-12---------------|
D|----14-12------|------14-12---------------------|----14-12-------|
A|--------------14-|----------------14-13-12-10-|--------------14--|
E|-------------------|-------------------------------------|--------------------|

e|------------------|---------------------------------|--------------------|
B|-----------------|----------------------------------|--------------------|
G|-12------------|-12----------------------------|-12---------------|
D|----14-12----|-----14-12-------------------|-----14-12------|
A|------------14-|--------------14-13-12-10|---------------14-|
E|-----------------|----------------------------------|--------------------|

e|--------------------------------------|---------------------------------||
B|-------------------------------------|----------------------------------||
G|--12-------------------------------|----------------------------------||
D|-------14-12---------------------|-10-10-10-10-12-10-9-||
A|-------------------14--------------|-----------------------------------||
E|--------------------------------------|----------------------------------||

Part 2(all on E an A string so just tabbing E an A to save sanity. Ha.)Play 2x
A|-----------------------------------0-2---|--------------------------------0-2-|
E|-0--0--0--0--3--3--3--3------------|--0--0--0--0--3--3--3--3------|

A|-------------------------------0--2-|-3-3-3-3-5-2--||
E|-0--0--0--0--3--3--3--3-------|--------------------||

Part 3 (possible solo?)Play 2x
e|-----------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------|
B|----------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------|
G|----------------------------------|----------------------------------------------------|
D|-----------7-9-10-9-7-7-9-|-----------7-9-10-9-----------10-9-7------|
A|-7-7-10-----------------------|-7-7-10-------------7-9-10----------10--7|
E|-----------------------------------|----------------------------------------------------|

e|-------------------------------------|------------------------------------|-----------
B|-------------------------------------|------------------------------------|-------------
G|-------------------------------------|------------------------------------|-------------
D|-------------7-9-10-9-7-7-9--|-----------7-9-10-9------------|------------
A|--7-7-10-------------------------|-7-7-10-------------7-9-10--|-7-7-10-
E|-------------------------------------|------------------------------------|-------------

e|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
B|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
G|--------------------------9-7----7-------------------------------------------------||
D|--7-9-10-9-7-7-9-------10--10-9-10-9-7-9-7----7*8p7-----------||
A|--------------------------------------------------------------10---------10---7--||
E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
●●●●●●●●●●●●●^^^.......Play this very fast.......^^^
Then-
Play part 1 2x

☆Play part 2 (First two barres then NC. Jack sings a line Acapella)then-
Play part 2 1x in its entirety☆

Play Part 3 2x

Play Part 1 X2
Then-
Violin solo
-played over Part 2

That's all of it note for note. Except for the violin snippet.