Jack on Conan O'Brien June 11, 2014

snippets and snails
bh1644
Little Ghost

Jack on Conan O'Brien June 11, 2014

Post by bh1644 »

really looking forward to this one!
Last edited by bh1644 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3rdmwsiy
Little Cream Soda

Re: Jack on Conan O'Brien June 11, 2004

Post by 3rdmwsiy »

When I heard he was going on Fallon I said to myself "Self, why is Jack playing Fallon and not Conan?" And I responded to myself "probably something to do with Columbia."

Well I'm willing to bet he was contracted to not announce being on Conan until he had already done the tonight show, lawyers and moneymen gotta have it the way they want it!
Safety first...then teamwork
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

bh1644 wrote:really looking forward to this one!
So they are going back in time to do the show? :P 2004
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

knoxvle wrote:
bh1644 wrote:really looking forward to this one!
So they are going back in time to do the show? :P 2004
:| *fixed... thanks
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Re: KROQ/Conan set lists

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Conan:
-- You played a show last night at the Fonda here in LA. This is what you put up on the marquis of who is performing. You look at that and you wonder, "okay, of those three acts, who is the opener?"

Jack:
Well the Beatles are opening that one.

Conan:
The Beatles open and then Einstein does some comedy and then --

Jack:
-- No, no, Jesus next and then --

Conan:
-- okay, Jesus next and then Einstein. Got it. That's a big argument --

Jack:
-- Who wants to follow Einstein?
Fonda.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
bh1644
Little Ghost

Re: Jack on Conan O'Brien June 11, 2014

Post by bh1644 »

DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

great show...haven't watched Conan in a long time. I think I am in love with the girl in Jack's band. If she is on here or anyone knows her tell her DBC says hi.
That can go now.
profsteenmarter
Little Acorn

Post by profsteenmarter »

Can't agree more with this: ''Nobody was in the moment, everybody was documenting the moment"
I still don't get why people sometimes pay a lot for a show and then watch everything trough their Phones.
A memory of a good show lasts for ever.. a video on a phone will be wiped out when the phone is out of memory.
Last gig I saw was one of The Acid. there was a guy right in front of me, filmed half of the gig and then left the room.
Is this all about telling and proving to people you have been there? damn..
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

profsteenmarter wrote:
Can't agree more with this: ''Nobody was in the moment, everybody was documenting the moment"
I still don't get why people sometimes pay a lot for a show and then watch everything trough their Phones.
A memory of a good show lasts for ever.. a video on a phone will be wiped out when the phone is out of memory.
Last gig I saw was one of The Acid. there was a guy right in front of me, filmed half of the gig and then left the room.
Is this all about telling and proving to people you have been there? damn..
I agree for the most part. I don't get video with your phone at all. It always looks bad and sounds worse. I took my phone out twice during the show and discreetly took 2 photos and put it away. Mainly to show my wife my terrific vantage point cause she couldn't make it. Those few seconds didn't take away from my experience and no one around me even realized I had done it.

He should do like Aziz Ansari and pose for photos early in the show and then tell everyone to put them away. :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402592175.828497.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TwinkleLights
Little Cream Soda

Post by TwinkleLights »

bh1644 wrote:
He should do like Aziz Ansari and pose for photos early in the show and then tell everyone to put them away. :)
I agree with this completely. I think this would let people get it out of their system and alow them to be present and enjoy things after that.
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

I do and don't agree with Jack on the phones. I don't agree with recording the whole show but I don't see what's wrong with taking a couple pictures. But then again we live in 2014 its going to happen... You have different crowds at all shows. You always have your pit crowd that likes to get as close as possible and rock out. Then the crowd that is into the show but stays away from the pit and grooves at there own pace. You got the people that look completely dead and emotionless but are probably having a better time then anyone. Its 2014 there's going to be a phone crowd. Does that mean they aren't enjoying the show or aren't into it? No it does not. They are enjoying it just as much but just in their own way like everyone else. I thought whining was for the girls? Jack cant do anything about it. I say stop whining and go out and jam your hardest every night. I mean how bad could it be to be at the point of success in your life when people want to record you
John Tom
Little Cream Soda

Post by John Tom »

DBCooper wrote:great show...haven't watched Conan in a long time. I think I am in love with the girl in Jack's band. If she is on here or anyone knows her tell her DBC says hi.
True story:

Standing outside Cain's with some fellow Swirler's and a big kid and his mom from Kansas. He kept going on and on and on about him knowing Lillie Mae and Dominic and how he even had their telephone numbers and email! You need not imagine what we thought… Anyway, he leaves to get a drink and an hour later returns with Lillie Mae in tow! They'd eaten lunch together. He soon left again to look at a bass with Dominic at the local string shop! Truly gobsmacked by that kid…
Getbacktogether wrote:I do and don't agree with Jack on the phones. I don't agree with recording the whole show but I don't see what's wrong with taking a couple pictures. But then again we live in 2014 its going to happen... You have different crowds at all shows. You always have your pit crowd that likes to get as close as possible and rock out. Then the crowd that is into the show but stays away from the pit and grooves at there own pace. You got the people that look completely dead and emotionless but are probably having a better time then anyone. Its 2014 there's going to be a phone crowd. Does that mean they aren't enjoying the show or aren't into it? No it does not. They are enjoying it just as much but just in their own way like everyone else. I thought whining was for the girls? Jack cant do anything about it. I say stop whining and go out and jam your hardest every night. I mean how bad could it be to be at the point of success in your life when people want to record you
I believe that this issue would be solved completely if TMR would release either (or both) the bootleg (ala Pearl Jam) or possibly a digital video or dvd; that way Jack controls content, etc. and fans don't have to worry about sneaking photos, etc. because they know it will be released later.
At least I'm not racin' towards a red light…
--Det. Rust Cohle

Thank you, Tulsa. I can't even lie to you. I love your town so much. Tulsa is more America than America is America. God bless you. I love you. Thank you so much.
--Jack White
John Tom
Little Cream Soda

Post by John Tom »

3rdmwsiy wrote:When I heard he was going on Fallon I said to myself "Self, why is Jack playing Fallon and not Conan?" And I responded to myself "probably something to do with Columbia."

Well I'm willing to bet he was contracted to not announce being on Conan until he had already done the tonight show, lawyers and moneymen gotta have it the way they want it!
I agree totally. Conan is his bud and I imagine that Jack wanted to kickoff with Conan but we damned attorney's got all legal and shit… on his ass and ruined it.

Such is life…
--Det. Rust Cohle

Thank you, Tulsa. I can't even lie to you. I love your town so much. Tulsa is more America than America is America. God bless you. I love you. Thank you so much.
--Jack White
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Enjoyed the performance. Really showcased Lillie Mae , she sounded great.
Beautiful Set. Nicely done !!!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
John Tom
Little Cream Soda

Post by John Tom »

Alabama Woody wrote:Enjoyed the performance. Really showcased Lillie Mae , she sounded great.
Beautiful Set. Nicely done !!!
Amen brother!

I think Jack wanted to definitely do something special for Conan and did he ever! Makes me want to buy a Dobro today...
--Det. Rust Cohle

--Jack White