Jack White cover of Rolling Stone June 5, 2014

snippets and snails
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Re: Jack White cover of Rolling Stone June 5, 2014

Post by Getbacktogether »

The only thing I didn't like is when he said" If they don't give me that energy back? Maybe im wasting my time." Listen I get it. who wants to play a show to a bad crowd? no one. But people paid there hard earned dollar to come see you play. If they want to just stand there, text, cry, boo, clap, or cheer they should be able to. Like I said I understand what he is saying just look at it in a different way. Mr. White if I got tickets to your show for free... trust me I would be going crazy at the concert for you... You give us free concerts we'll give you all the energy you want back but until then I think its fair for people to do what ever they want when they pay to come see you.
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

Getbacktogether wrote:The only thing I didn't like is when he said" If they don't give me that energy back? Maybe im wasting my time." Listen I get it. who wants to play a show to a bad crowd? no one. But people paid there hard earned dollar to come see you play. If they want to just stand there, text, cry, boo, clap, or cheer they should be able to. Like I said I understand what he is saying just look at it in a different way. Mr. White if I got tickets to your show for free... trust me I would be going crazy at the concert for you... You give us free concerts we'll give you all the energy you want back but until then I think its fair for people to do what ever they want when they pay to come see you.
I agree with what you are saying, kinda thought the same thing... I forgot which artist said it, but a quote I liked was something to the effect of, "I approach a show with the thought in the back of my mind that there is at least one person in the audience that has never seen me perform and may never get the chance to see me again..."
I like that approach.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Most of the shows I've actually been able to see him I had to work all day and it's always summer and hotter than hell in our shop. So when I go to I'm usually just there to kind of relax and chill out a bit after a long day. It's up to the attendee how they enjoy and react to the show. Although I'd probably get tired of the hipster/scenester type though that are experiencing the show through their phone.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Maybe it's time for Jack to go out into the crowd and work them a bit more
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

Kaber wrote:Maybe it's time for Jack to go out into the crowd and work them a bit more
there you go... how about, "I am sick and tired of going to a show and the artist doesn't even try hard enough to make me put my phone down..." :lol:
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Yous guys sayin' Jack needs a little more Serenity Prayer in his approach to live shows?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

We'll a little modesty would be a start.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Bikedo wrote:We'll a little modesty would be a start.
+1
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

rsimms3 wrote:Yous guys sayin' Jack needs a little more Serenity Prayer in his approach to live shows?
I just pictured Larry David screaming "SERENITY NOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!"
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

bh1644 wrote:quote from this article:

This reminds me of a quote that always made me giggle.

“I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.”

― Nick Cave
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... r-20140523

Jack talks Meg...this made me sad..
Meg married Jackson Smith, the son of Patti Smith and the late Fred "Sonic" Smith of the MC5, in 2005; Rolling Stone learned the two divorced in July
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Articles (that term used loosely) online are repeating this with a tone as if Jack was bad mouthing Meg, or blaming her. I didn't read it like that at all.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Jamie wrote:Articles (that term used loosely) online are repeating this with a tone as if Jack was bad mouthing Meg, or blaming her. I didn't read it like that at all.

Makes for a better story I guess, but I didn't read it that way either.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

curseofhalos wrote:
Jamie wrote:Articles (that term used loosely) online are repeating this with a tone as if Jack was bad mouthing Meg, or blaming her. I didn't read it like that at all.
Makes for a better story I guess, but I didn't read it that way either.
They all know exactly what's going to garner hits for their website. For what it's worth, I also didn't read it that way. He was merely reflecting on his experiences with her. But everyone, fans and media, are going to blow it up and irrationally analyze it every which way from Monday, just like they always do.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com