Jack White on Jimmy Fallon 5/12

snippets and snails
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Jack White on Jimmy Fallon 5/12

Post by Kali Durga »

Let's hope the machine's not feeling cantankerous tonight!

And I hope this will be on the 'net bright'n'early tomorrow.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Lisa03
Little Bird

Post by Lisa03 »

Can't wait to see the show!!
It's quite possible that I'll find me a good man wearing a tight red t-shirt!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

avrate wrote:ISO: That single... :shock:
haha For sure.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I have been regretting all morning the fact that I never drove to NYC for this. I so badly wanted to see my two favourite artists perform together. I was going to leave Sunday morning and get in the standby line that night, in hopes I was first and got in. Saturday night I had someone message me and tell me they had a spare ticket and I emailed them back and never heard anything, so I waited around Sunday, waiting and waiting....never heard anything back.

I should have just drove down early and got in line anyways..

This just makes my regret that much worse..
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

kaputnik just posted something on FB that makes it sound like he was there and unable to get in.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:kaputnik just posted something on FB that makes it sound like he was there and unable to get in.
copy and paste the message?

Do you know what number he was in line?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

He said something about a Jimmy Fallon consolation prize. And he hasn't replied yet to my comment, so I don't know any more than that.
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

Kali Durga wrote:He said something about a Jimmy Fallon consolation prize. And he hasn't replied yet to my comment, so I don't know any more than that.
if he couldn't get in, he might've been able to get in to see jimmy rehearse the monologue. that's what happened to me when i tried to get standby tickets a few years ago.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

dreamover wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:He said something about a Jimmy Fallon consolation prize. And he hasn't replied yet to my comment, so I don't know any more than that.
if he couldn't get in, he might've been able to get in to see jimmy rehearse the monologue. that's what happened to me when i tried to get standby tickets a few years ago.
Hmm, I have my doubts on that. I tried to book tickets for that and it was sold out. Tried calling and doing anything I could to get tickets to rehearsal or the show.

Do the musical guests play during rehearsal?
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Never tried getting into Jimmy, but I have got into SNL twice, conan and The Daily Show with stand by tickets. I'm sure some days are harder than others but if you get there early it ain't too hard. I could be wrong, but unless Jimmy's studio is smaller I can't see his being harder to get into than the others.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

arewhyehen wrote:
dreamover wrote:
Hmm, I have my doubts on that. I tried to book tickets for that and it was sold out. Tried calling and doing anything I could to get tickets to rehearsal or the show.

it's not really a rehearsal. he just does the monologue for a group and he sometimes cuts stuff that doesn't go well. they don't rehearse the whole show with an audience.
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

dreamover wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
dreamover wrote:

it's not really a rehearsal. he just does the monologue for a group and he sometimes cuts stuff that doesn't go well. they don't rehearse the whole show with an audience.
the NBC shows are all overbooked. When there's really good guests (like tonight) usually there are very few standby ticket holders getting in.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

dreamover wrote:
dreamover wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
dreamover wrote:

the NBC shows are all overbooked. When there's really good guests (like tonight) usually there are very few standby ticket holders getting in.
Yeah, I was reading a ton of reviews online and saw many times that only 1 or 2 people got in. Sometimes there were even cases of people saying nobody got in.
notwdrums18
Little Acorn

Post by notwdrums18 »

Force fed, forced meds 'til I drop dead
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

notwdrums18 wrote:Just tweeted by Jimmy

https://twitter.com/jimmyfallon/status/ ... 57/photo/1
Hope they put this out in the Vault or elsewhere!