Jack White on Jimmy Fallon 5/12

snippets and snails
bh1644
Little Ghost

Re: Jack White on Jimmy Fallon 5/12

Post by bh1644 »

dunedin wrote:Now confirmed on NBC.com

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/#fi ... uests/5721
again the Dead Weather gets no love in his description...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Tickets for the show is long sold out....shitty.. By the time you find out who is on the show and when, the tickets have already been sold out for weeks
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

arewhyehen wrote:Tickets for the show is long sold out....shitty.. By the time you find out who is on the show and when, the tickets have already been sold out for weeks
they release the whole month's tickets a month prior and they are usually gone in an hour or so. they're free. you can get to 30 rock the morning of and they will hand out standby tickets, then at showtime, they start letting standby ticket holders take any open seats.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

dreamover wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Tickets for the show is long sold out....shitty.. By the time you find out who is on the show and when, the tickets have already been sold out for weeks
they release the whole month's tickets a month prior and they are usually gone in an hour or so. they're free. you can get to 30 rock the morning of and they will hand out standby tickets, then at showtime, they start letting standby ticket holders take any open seats.
Interesting. Who wants to go to New York?
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

arewhyehen wrote:
dreamover wrote:
i once tried to do standby tickets for late night with jimmy fallon. got there super early and got the 21st + 22nd ticket so i thought odds were pretty good. then showed back up for showtime, and only people 1-3 were let in. so lame.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

dreamover wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
dreamover wrote:
i once tried to do standby tickets for late night with jimmy fallon. got there super early and got the 21st + 22nd ticket so i thought odds were pretty good. then showed back up for showtime, and only people 1-3 were let in. so lame.
wow...fuck that...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Just looked up some review and saw the same thing from someone else, saying they only took 1 person from standby after waiting in line the entire day.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Just looked up rehearsal tickets and they are gone too...ugh..
I REALLY want to be at this show.

I might just make the drive and get in line and try for standby... 9 hours each way is a bit much though...
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Well, now I know where I'll be Monday night.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Kali Durga wrote:Aha, so that explains why it's unavailable for use in the shop, huh? Did you see it on the road?
I had asked them about it and they told us it was headed up there for Jimmy Fallon to use. I had heard this before news of Jack and Neil being on the show came up. I wonder if they're going to use it for their segment on the show?
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

They sure as heck should. Especially if Neil and Jack are apparently going to talk about A Letter Home, would be terrific for people to see the thing that's like a third musician on the album.

Though once it's been displayed on national television, just imagine how many more people will be stopping at TMR to use it...
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Sounds like the show will be a sales pitch for the box set ....
Hopefully there is more to it than that. Like a performance !!! My favorite 2 musicians in the world !!!
Wish they had done some high fidelity recordings or create a relationship that will leed to that
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:Sounds like the show will be a sales pitch for the box set ....
Hopefully there is more to it than that. Like a performance !!! My favorite 2 musicians in the world !!!
Wish they had done some high fidelity recordings or create a relationship that will leed to that
Big +1 on that. Easily my two favourite artists.

They have been working on so much together and hanging out so much over the past year.

Willie Nelson's birthday party...
Documentary on Neil's Lincvolt..
Pono player (Jack was just part of the promo video)
A letter Home..
Now this.....it's great!!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

And it's official-- http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... e-20140509
UPDATE (5/12): Acording to Jimmy Fallon, Young and White will press Monday's performance on vinyl. "Making history tonight," Fallon tweeted. "Neil Young is going to perform and press a vinyl with the help of Jack White live on the show. One take. Fun."
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
avrate
Little Cream Soda

Post by avrate »

ISO: That single... :shock:
"Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old"