Little Acorn

Re: Saturday Night Live

Post by getbehindmejack »

for your enjoyment:

AAC version
http://www.mediafire.com/?xwlxgid4w04mkfd

mp3 version
http://www.mediafire.com/?5tk7bci2g6asw14

They are sourced from the 1080p versions on YouTube, so not as good sounding as directly from the broadcast, but good! I "mastered" these a bit myself to improve the sound...I hope you like it.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

getbehindmejack wrote:for your enjoyment:

AAC version

mp3 version

They are sourced from the 1080p versions on YouTube, so not as good sounding as directly from the broadcast, but good! I "mastered" these a bit myself to improve the sound...I hope you like it.
Thanks dude.

What a great listen - ended up right beside Jackie DeShannon - what the world needs now and Jackie Edwards - In Paradise.. lovely
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

rsimms3 wrote:
Male Band Kick Drum cover

For the male kick drum cover I can't help but think of this picture
Except for the hair on the brow. Maybe Bruce Lee? Could be thousands of people I suppose
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

All I can think watching that Love Interruption performance is... thank whatever's above he pulled out the GBMS-era Gibson and left those terrible sounding Gretsch Ranchers at home.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Kali Durga wrote:All I can think watching that Love Interruption performance is... thank whatever's above he pulled out the GBMS-era Gibson and left those terrible sounding Gretsch Ranchers at home.
:shock:
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

love_islander wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
Male Band Kick Drum cover

For the male kick drum cover I can't help but think of this picture
Except for the hair on the brow. Maybe Bruce Lee? Could be thousands of people I suppose
That's just the first thing that came to mind for me.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

AAC version

mp3 version

thanks sounds great
helloabsalom
Little Bird

Post by helloabsalom »

Anyone else notice this? Jack Black?? The second SNL Fail for this episode. The first was having Lindsay Lohan host. :lol:

Wonder if they noticed or will bother correcting it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
helloabsalom = The Official White Swirl Thread Killer
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

mojoryan wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:All I can think watching that Love Interruption performance is... thank whatever's above he pulled out the GBMS-era Gibson and left those terrible sounding Gretsch Ranchers at home.
Compared to the Gibson, they sure as heck are. Have you ever noticed how jangly they sound? But the Gibson is so rich and warm, it's just beautiful. Compare Love Interruption or this--

-- to anything he's played on any of the three ladies and tell me you don't hear the difference! I'm so damned excited to see and hear that guitar on this tour.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Kali Durga wrote:
mojoryan wrote:
Compared to the Gibson, they sure as heck are. Have you ever noticed how jangly they sound? But the Gibson is so rich and warm, it's just beautiful. Compare Love Interruption or this--

-- to anything he's played on any of the three ladies and tell me you don't hear the difference! I'm so damned excited to see and hear that guitar on this tour.
agreed.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Kali Durga wrote:
mojoryan wrote:

My shock was at referring to Gretsch as terrible sounding. As far as "jangly, I LOVE that jangly sound; it's a big part of the magic of a Tele.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

FYI, it's not the same guitar. I think they are both L series from the 1920s, but the one he used during the GBMS era was an archtop and last night he used a flat top.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I'm a Gretsch man.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

rsimms3 wrote:FYI, it's not the same guitar. I think they are both L series from the 1920s, but the one he used during the GBMS era was an archtop and last night he used a flat top.
Thanks for the clarification. Either way, still so much smoother and mellower than the Gretsch's.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jack's electric Gretsch's-- Not much can match that Green Machine, and the one he used on the Conan O'Brien show and with Wanda has the most wonderful twang to it (a Roundup, I think it is?). But Rita and Veronica in particular just don't sound anywhere near as pretty to me as they look. Claudette seems to be the sweetest sounding of the three, but still can't compare to the Gibson L1s.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

AAC version

mp3 version

Thanks for this btw!