American Epic- T-Bone Burnett, Robert Redford, Jack White

snippets and snails
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: American Epic- T-Bone Burnett, Robert Redford, Jack Whit

Post by Kali Durga »

dunedin wrote:It's also hidden near the bottom of the press release

"AMERICAN EPIC will be available on DVD and Blu-ray from PBS Distribution: ShopPBS.org; 800-PLAY-PBS, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The film will also be available for digital download.”
I totally missed that, there was a lot to read in that press release. Thanks for pointing it out. Now the question is-- How soon after the broadcast?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

This is some really exciting news!!!
They haven't given any hints on what would be on the box set, have they?
It's going to be good for sure, but I hope it's the archival recordings!
Now I just hope it's not so fancy that it would cost $400.
burgerqueen
Little Bird

Post by burgerqueen »

This is probably the most excited I've ever been for one of his non-new music related projects.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Bit of info about Louis Michot, one of the musicians featured in American Epic -- http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/ente ... /71090040/
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

Premiering at London Film Festival in October
https://whatson.bfi.org.uk/LFF/Online/d ... icsessions
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

And the worldwide release on PBS has apparently been pushed back to January, based on a tweet from Dominic and a comment from Jack in chat.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Booooo.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

That's what I said. What I'm really waiting for is to get it on dvd, since I can't get PBS without cable tv. Though if they're showing it in theaters, there are a couple of indie theaters between DC and Baltimore that might end up with it.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga wrote:That's what I said. What I'm really waiting for is to get it on dvd, since I can't get PBS without cable tv. Though if they're showing it in theaters, there are a couple of indie theaters between DC and Baltimore that might end up with it.
Wut? You can't get PBS with rabbit ears in your neck of the woods?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Lost my rabbit ears in a move a decade and a half ago. Then figured I didn't need 'em since, at the time, I had cable. Supposedly I can get PBS through my Roku device, but it only seems to be select shows.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

What's the deal with this now?
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

rsimms3 wrote:What's the deal with this now?
Screening in Hawaii tomorrow; coming to a PBS station near you supposedly January 2016.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Folks in London were able to catch a screening a few weeks ago. It was apparently pretty damned wonderful and everyone was very impressed with Jack's sewing skills.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

woodisgood wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:What's the deal with this now?
Screening in Hawaii tomorrow; coming to a PBS station near you supposedly January 2016.
That.Is.Too.Far.Away.
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »