Blunderbuss listening party @TMR: vault contest

snippets and snails
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Re: Blunderbuss listening party @TMR: vault contest

Post by orangeshoeskid »

shaneoftheroad wrote:So still 10 slots open? *sigh* This is exhausting.
I'm in the same boat. Every email I get I still check it instantly with some small hope of being from TMR.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Either open, or filled by people who don't post in Modchat/Swirl/LR.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Kali Durga wrote:Either open, or filled by people who don't post in Modchat/Swirl/LR.
Swank needs to give us the scoop. I've been locked into this daze for too long, need to break out!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Fortunately, I was busy at work most of this morning. Now that stuff's over and this is on my mind again, depression is setting back in. Need to have my boss arrange another meeting. One that lasts until Wednesday or Thursday of next week.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

All spots are filled per Swank. Damn. I'm gonna go sulk for a bit. Still happy for those who won though, and I'm glad some Swirlers are in there so we can at least know what went down. I wonder who got the other 10 spots...

Later, internet. It's been a long, anxiety-ridden four days.
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

I am so happy. But I while I was sad when I thought I lost, I'm glad I was able to talk myself out of depression and focus on all the good things... like seeing Jack play live! :D But then I got the miraculous email from Swank!

I cannot begin to speculate on whether Jack will be there but I sure do hope he pops in to say howdy for few minutes. That'd be sweet. But if he doesn't that's ok too. Well... not it's not but whatever.

Hope everyone has safe, successful travels. I'm excited to meet you all. Cheers!
kalv04
Little Acorn

Post by kalv04 »

Well I'm glad this is all over with and congratulations to those who won! I did'nt win, but my good friend did. I would just like to say that it is a shame this took 4 days to sort out. It really pisses me off that people entered who could'nt make it. Aside from severe illness or death there is absolutely no good excuse for being chosen and not going. To hear someone say that they could'nt get off work or get a plane ticket is utter bullshit. You knew you would have to do that when you sent the email....duh. Not trying to be mean, but that's the way it is. Now that I got that off my chest, hope all the winners have the time of your life and I hope all the people who entered and declined get mono;)
"Bye Snookums!" -nickboat
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

kalv04 wrote:Well I'm glad this is all over with and congratulations to those who won! I did'nt win, but my good friend did. I would just like to say that it is a shame this took 4 days to sort out. It really pisses me off that people entered who could'nt make it. Aside from severe illness or death there is absolutely no good excuse for being chosen and not going. To hear someone say that they could'nt get off work or get a plane ticket is utter bullshit. You knew you would have to do that when you sent the email....duh. Not trying to be mean, but that's the way it is. Now that I got that off my chest, hope all the winners have the time of your life and I hope all the people who entered and declined get mono;)
it's true to a certain point, I didn't enter because of work but apart of me wishes I did just to see if I had a chance...
kalv04
Little Acorn

Post by kalv04 »

hawke000 wrote:
kalv04 wrote:Well I'm glad this is all over with and congratulations to those who won! I did'nt win, but my good friend did. I would just like to say that it is a shame this took 4 days to sort out. It really pisses me off that people entered who could'nt make it. Aside from severe illness or death there is absolutely no good excuse for being chosen and not going. To hear someone say that they could'nt get off work or get a plane ticket is utter bullshit. You knew you would have to do that when you sent the email....duh. Not trying to be mean, but that's the way it is. Now that I got that off my chest, hope all the winners have the time of your life and I hope all the people who entered and declined get mono;)
it's true to a certain point, I didn't enter because of work but apart of me wishes I did just to see if I had a chance...
Yeah, but you were smart/nice enough to realize that it would'nt be right. Others could learn from that. I hope TMR blacklists everybody that won and then declined from all future contests.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Are you serious? That's quite a rant. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
kalv04
Little Acorn

Post by kalv04 »

anonymousbrunette wrote:
Are you serious? That's quite a rant. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.
While there is alot of humor incorporated in what I said, yes I'm serious. Today was a great day btw ;)
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

Didnt enter... dont care ....would be fun i m sure.... but really if you are in BFE and know that you have no hope in hell of getting off or flying in then why take up space. Just sayin..with all the bum rush that goes on around here about bums buying rare records and kids making to many posts YOU would think that if a person knew you could not get off to go or wouldnt go due to transportation and or costs incuurred that you would not have wasted a space that someone who would and could gets knocked out
and FYI I had great day
hope you all that won and plan on attending have a marvelous time the tmr crew is fully capable of providing it.
:D :D :?
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

Thanks for the PIZZA it was excellent
crizeye
Little Bird

Post by crizeye »

congrats to everyone who won! so awesome that TMR took the time to do this, hopefully the first of more to come :)
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I don't think death is a good enough excuse, myself.