Jack White 2012 Tour Poster Archive

Mr. Jones, stop reading this and get back to work!
Kaber
Little People

Re: Jack White 2012 Tour Poster Archive

Post by Kaber »

Inspiration for the posters in more detail here

http://www.lordmayorsshow.org/history/g ... magog.html
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

is that the london skyline also??

i like the link there Kaber.. thanks... its a bit confusing how there is gog and magog but then they become gogmagog as one being while the other giant become cornieus the defeater of magog or something like that... gog and magog were primarily the keepers of the gateway to the west of Asia according to some which defined Europe as red heads and refusers of Islam also... for me i just want to know which one has a bird on his head and why... no one seems to answer that question though

here is the gog in hebrew

מ גוג

this is the word magog written in hebrew...
מגוג

there is also quite a history to these Khazar kings as red headed jewish legends of the 13th tribe

germans seemed to fear them and call them cannibals... eating babies and such.. i think they were vampires according to much of what i can piece together about Romania and Bulgarian relations with the Count Dracul and the ruthless nature of the Turk/Kurdish conflicts

http://www.apfn.org/thewinds/library/khazars.html can all of this be accurate?? who knows...
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Yes that is the London City skyline.

Dublin poster on sale here - Artist Edition of 100

http://www.postersandtoys.net/servlet/Detail?no=1273
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

theeradicaleclectic wrote: for me i just want to know which one has a bird on his head and why... no one seems to answer that question though
On the posters, Gog has got buzzards around his head (the Buzzards played that night) and Magog has got a peacock tail fanned out behind his (and the Peacocks played that night). Just RJ incorporating Jack themes I guess.
Patient B1003
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

thanks so much... i did wonder about that thing up in the sky over gogs head... and caught the peacock detail also... i suppose i did some research in the mean time and came up with some funny stuff for those with an eye to history and legend

the link that Kaber posted shows them with bird/s right on one's/their head... maybe if they both have them on there then i will place value in the supposition that they represent 2 princes of some land near russia/germany long ago which used the 2 headed bird symbol to rule several cultures ... for what its worth i am seeing that old familiar red and blue dichotomy spring from this historical backgrounding

here are the wickermen versions used for burning... i would suggest that more than a few of these have been sacrificial objects of sorts

given the adaptation and evolution of symbols over time i think these characters mean a lot of things ... as in nothing short of national emblems of military and financial dominance associated with their relations with Israel and the middle east which one might consider foil hat worthy by reaching the end of the text in this masonic conspiracy link http://www.reformation.org/gog-and-magog.html

ultimately this bird thing goes all the way back to the hittites as far as i can trace it here:

http://www.masonicdictionary.com/doubleeagle.html

"Thus does the double-headed eagle stand today for that which it stood in ancient days, its two heads, facing the Ultimate Sun, reminding men and Masons that there is yet even "more light" for the pilgrim who travels East, and in whose heart is the motto,"

but comes full circle with magog and hawkman in the DC cosmos of action... im guessing magog is semite due to his shofar

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_100311a.htm
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

On a different note, I think the archive is as up to date as can be at the moment. The two Todd Slater Paris posters disappeared, but they are back now I hope.
Patient B1003
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

grumblestiltskin wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote: for me i just want to know which one has a bird on his head and why... no one seems to answer that question though
On the posters, Gog has got buzzards around his head (the Buzzards played that night) and Magog has got a peacock tail fanned out behind his (and the Peacocks played that night). Just RJ incorporating Jack themes I guess.
Another pin in the Jack's-deciding-at-breakfast-which-band balloon.
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

grumblestiltskin wrote:On a different note, I think the archive is as up to date as can be at the moment. The two Todd Slater Paris posters disappeared, but they are back now I hope.
Nice work Greg. Looks good
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Tom Whalen Jackson print showing as coming soon here

http://strongstuffshop.bigcartel.com/pr ... creenprint
jsteinb
Little Bird

Post by jsteinb »

Bridlington poster:
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

That Bridlington poster is one of my favorites so far, along with the Columbus one.
I like the minimalism there. The gog/magog ones have too much going on, it's just visually confusing.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Blackpool:
Patient B1003
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

oh good lord... i think i must have this poster... what do i do now?? OK... starting an ISO page

dammit jack... you have found a way into the world of amish and i am completely vulnerable... yikes

trades anyone?? trade... i got trade here...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Are those the tools of an accidentist?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."