Jack white the Lowdown

Love interruption --->
AJ123
Little Ghost

Jack white the Lowdown

Post by AJ123 »

Is this legit and if anyone bought it what does it include?
http://www.amazon.com/Lowdown-Jack-Whit ... jack+white
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Jack white the Lowdown

Post by Kali Durga »

I have it. It's two discs-- One is a "biography" of the Stripes that's ok, but not anything earth-shattering. The other disc is a compilation of Raconteurs and DW interviews. I'd heard all but one or two of them already on the internet, and the quality on the disc sounds as if someone made very bad rips. The interviews themselves are cool, though.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

Kali Durga wrote:I have it. It's two discs-- One is a "biography" of the Stripes that's ok, but not anything earth-shattering. The other disc is a compilation of Raconteurs and DW interviews. I'd heard all but one or two of them already on the internet, and the quality on the disc sounds as if someone made very bad rips. The interviews themselves are cool, though.
Does it include a poster like it says?
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

If it's by the same people that made MAXIMUM WHITE STRIPES

then you don't want it. It's terrible and the poster included is a 10" x 10" of the cover picture. The review of the Lowdown album is only 2 stars and basically says not to waste your time.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ That's exactly the WS disc that's included. Dunno if I'd call the insert a "poster", as it's only 9"x9". Looks like a photo from an early Glastonbury or other outdoor festival.

The whole package is very clearly stated to be unauthorized and is fairly cheaply put together. If you find it interesting, $12.99 isn't really bank-breaking. You'd do better, though, to see if you can get it in a record store so you don't have to pay shipping for it (that's how I picked it up). Or you can just search the internet for Racs and DW audio interviews and get pretty much the same thing for free.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."