The Great Digital B-Sides Debate

Love interruption --->
achouza
Little Ghost

Re: The Great Digital B-Sides Debate

Post by achouza »

rsimms3 wrote: How many other labels provide a download code for MP3s for their 7" vinyl singles?
nobody,, but that doesnt mean it cant be done, i know that 7's are not sealed like 12' so people could steal the download cards, but i bet you tmr sells most 7s direct through their website and not retailers,, so including a one time download card in open 7's doesnt seem like a big problem to me
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

achouza wrote:
rsimms3 wrote: How many other labels provide a download code for MP3s for their 7" vinyl singles?
nobody,, but that doesnt mean it cant be done, i know that 7's are not sealed like 12' so people could steal the download cards, but i bet you tmr sells most 7s direct through their website and not retailers,, so including a one time download card in open 7's doesnt seem like a big problem to me
I've actually gotten a couple. I think they were from five three dialtone records and a couple of records I bought from Yuck. The Yuck related ones were links to download.
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

At a wilco show a while ago I bought a tour 7 inch that had a DL card. I haven't seen any other than that. It would be great if TMR decided to go that way.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

I like the b-side releases. Can't listen to vinyl in my car - and it's all about the music isn't it?
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

dunedin wrote:I'm pretty sure that these are recent additions to iTunes as the b-sides of the JW singles were not included on first release. "Love Is Blindness" was available digitally on the "Achtung Baby" tribute before 16S was released, and I think both that and "Machine Gun" are on the Japanese version of Blunderbuss.
why do japanese versions always have extra songs??

and yeah i bought the 7" so i don't feel bad about ripping it.
houses are full of things that gather dust
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Melon wrote:
dunedin wrote:I'm pretty sure that these are recent additions to iTunes as the b-sides of the JW singles were not included on first release. "Love Is Blindness" was available digitally on the "Achtung Baby" tribute before 16S was released, and I think both that and "Machine Gun" are on the Japanese version of Blunderbuss.

CDs in Japan are crazy expensive so they try to include bonus tracks so that Japanese people will buy domestic versions instead of much cheaper imports. I don't think the second Dead Weather CD had any extra tracks on the Japanese version if I remember correctly.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

rsimms3 wrote:
Melon wrote:

CDs in Japan are crazy expensive so they try to include bonus tracks so that Japanese people will buy domestic versions instead of much cheaper imports. I don't think the second Dead Weather CD had any extra tracks on the Japanese version if I remember correctly.
I haven't even heard all the b sides yet because my turntable and stereo are unhooked until I move again in August. I've bought multiple copies of all the 7" singles so I kind of hate having to pay for them again just to listen to them on my iPod. Guess I might have to..
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Trouble in Mind is one (great) label that provides downloads for their 45s.
Last edited by woodisgood on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

rsimms3 wrote:
Melon wrote:

thanks for dropping that knowledge! I will definately be passing it along.
houses are full of things that gather dust
helloabsalom
Little Bird

Post by helloabsalom »

curseofhalos wrote:
achouza wrote:
I've actually gotten a couple. I think they were from five three dialtone records and a couple of records I bought from Yuck. The Yuck related ones were links to download.
We got quite a few with our RSD 7"'s as well.
helloabsalom = The Official White Swirl Thread Killer
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

arewhyehen wrote: I haven't even heard all the b sides yet because my turntable and stereo are unhooked until I move again in August. I've bought multiple copies of all the 7" singles so I kind of hate having to pay for them again just to listen to them on my iPod. Guess I might have to..
They've been added to Spotify if you want to listen to them.
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III