Love interruption --->
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Re: Freedom At 21 - TMR152

Post by chrono_1980 »

arewhyehen wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote:
mojoryan wrote:
hsp88 wrote:am i seeing nothing special written in the runout groove on side A? i never saw them not write something special
Noticed that today, too. Weird. Also, the B side does nothing for me thus far. I'll spin again in the morning to see if I have a change of opinion. I have been in a bit of a crap mood today, so that may have something to do with it.
mine has something on both sides... more than just a catalog number there but it needs severe magnification
:lol:

Oops, I forgot my symbol for sarcasm 8=================D
*slow clap* post of the day candidate...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

chrono_1980 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote:
mojoryan wrote:
hsp88 wrote:am i seeing nothing special written in the runout groove on side A? i never saw them not write something special
Noticed that today, too. Weird. Also, the B side does nothing for me thus far. I'll spin again in the morning to see if I have a change of opinion. I have been in a bit of a crap mood today, so that may have something to do with it.
mine has something on both sides... more than just a catalog number there but it needs severe magnification
:lol:

Oops, I forgot my symbol for sarcasm 8=================D
*slow clap* post of the day candidate...
wooohoooo :D It's so early in the day too...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

So, who do y'all think played the solo on Inaccessible Mystery-- Jack or Johnny Walker?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

Kali Durga wrote:So, who do y'all think played the solo on Inaccessible Mystery-- Jack or Johnny Walker?
so... you are asking who will be playing the guitar solo on inaccessible Mystery on Jack Whites solo album??? this is surely irony and sarcasm symbol worthy as well :arrow: maybe the answer is that they tandem the solo which sounds like this:
mojoryan wrote: Did you feel the guitar sounded like it was looped. I still need to give it more listens though.
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Kali Durga wrote:So, who do y'all think played the solo on Inaccessible Mystery-- Jack or Johnny Walker?
i think johnny
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

That's what I'm leaning towards, too.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

I'd think if Jack did it, he would have received a credit for electric guitar as well.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

bkramer10 wrote:I'd think if Jack did it, he would have received a credit for electric guitar as well.
well that seems like the sort of explanation that would clear up the confusion but i think Jack tends to be more complicated than that given what we just had a listen to with the recent Beck Release... entirely separate tracks blended into one release as if they were hand spliced
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

It's a mystery all mysterious. But why would Jack have Johnny play a solo on a JW record? (Especially knowing that most people would assume it's Jack, not having read the credits.)

I ask you, the people.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Why does Jack do half the things he does? I need to listen again, but one of my first impressions is that that song was kind of thrown together. Maybe Johnny was over at his studio sometime while Jack was working on that song, began noodling around on the guitar, and Jack decided to add it. That could explain the "grafted on" effect you noticed. Who knows?
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

im pretty sure that the song is titled as such for lots of reasons other than those which we even imagine to be honest

the clicker on the Blunderbuss metaphor counter just ripped another 4 or so clicks as we speak
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Kali Durga wrote:Why does Jack do half the things he does? I need to listen again, but one of my first impressions is that that song was kind of thrown together. Maybe Johnny was over at his studio sometime while Jack was working on that song, began noodling around on the guitar, and Jack decided to add it. That could explain the "grafted on" effect you noticed. Who knows?
I'm just thinking that Mr Control Freak would want it to be very clear what's him and what ain't. But yeah, who knows. Maybe he recorded the song, thought "it needs a patented JW guitar solo, gotta give the punters what they want," got the other JW to record one, and they spent the rest of the evening chuckling "suckers!"

Not that Jack would do such a thing, of course . . .
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Aquamarine wrote:I'm just thinking that Mr Control Freak would want it to be very clear what's him and what ain't.
That's what John S. O'Leary said and look what happened to him.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

John S. wasn't releasing an album under his own name, however, promoted by a tour under his own name in which the only song off the album he hasn't played so far (I believe) is the only song he didn't write himself.

That's probably why JW has a #1 album and John S. is touring gay bars. :)
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Lyrically the B-side is clearly a companion to the A-side.

Musically? It's a D-side. Not very memorable at all. (And that's saying something considering "Machine Gun Silhouette.")

And total non sequitur: "On and On and On" might be my favorite Jack lyric ever.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."