Blunderbuss "Lightning Bolt" Edition

Love interruption --->
Pakedge
Little Acorn

Re: Blunderbuss "Lightning Bolt" Edition

Post by Pakedge »

Stl_ben wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote:ok... here is the kicker... the bolts were sold in Chicago but not Indy and then they were also unleashed in Omaha tonight

RRS to the rescue!... i am glad people are getting them at least
They only sell them on the day Jack performs, in case you hadn't noticed.
Nope they sold them in st Louis and there was no Jack show then.

Sold them the day before that in Oxford. We drove down and it was the oddest experience ever. We got there at 7am, and I was the 2nd person in line. The RRS arrived sometime around 4, and you could have showed up at 3 and been about the 16th-17th person in line. All day long the line had only 10-12 people. It looked like they weren't even going to have enough people to sell all of them. It was a fun day.
"Knock on the door and the door knocks back..."
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

Pakedge wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote:ok... here is the kicker... the bolts were sold in Chicago but not Indy and then they were also unleashed in Omaha tonight

RRS to the rescue!... i am glad people are getting them at least
They only sell them on the day Jack performs, in case you hadn't noticed.
Nope they sold them in st Louis and there was no Jack show then.

Sold them the day before that in Oxford. We drove down and it was the oddest experience ever. We got there at 7am, and I was the 2nd person in line. The RRS arrived sometime around 4, and you could have showed up at 3 and been about the 16th-17th person in line. All day long the line had only 10-12 people. It looked like they weren't even going to have enough people to sell all of them. It was a fun day.

i noticed that they sold them for 2 days straight in Birmingham and Jack didnt even play that festival so... i didnt really notice
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

Stl_ben wrote:Total Sold/Released so far:
?? @ April 27 - Rolling Record Store / Roseland NYC Show
10(ish) @ April 30 - LA Show
20 @ May 12 - Secret Stages Festival, Birmingham Alabama (10 each day)
20 @ May 15 - Third Man Records - Jack White tour launch and summer sale
20 @ May 16 - Third Man Records - Jack White tour launch and summer sale
20 @May 18 - 20 - Hangout Fest, Gulf Shores Alabama
20 @ May 21 - End Of All Music, Oxford Mississippi
20 @ May 22 - Vintage Vinyl, St. Louis Missouri
20 @ May 24 - Scottish Rite Theatre, Detroit MI
1 @ Vault Party Raffle

Am I missing any dates or other releases that you know of? Also anyone know how many was at teh NYC RRS? 10? 20?
They had them at the Webster merch table on April 27. I know they had 'em -- just not sure of number -- cause I missed out on the last one (LINE CUTTER..!!!).
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

FYI

ThirdMan RRS‏@ThirdManRRS

Hello, Denver! We'll have Lightning Bolt records available for purchase today--stay tuned for location and time
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Well I guess they are defying the odds and possibly taking this all the way out west...ENJOY!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Stl_ben wrote:Well I guess they are defying the odds and possibly taking this all the way out west...ENJOY!
:)
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Stl_ben wrote:Well I guess they are defying the odds and possibly taking this all the way out west...ENJOY!
I guess the economics aren't that importat to Jack. Doin it for the fans - awesome! I'm finally gonna find the RRS... Hopefully!
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Maybe the bolts aren't limited.....just available in limited capacity and limited areas from the RRS...
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Jettkoral wrote:Maybe the bolts aren't limited.....just available in limited capacity and limited areas from the RRS...
Then those circumstances that you listed make them limited....how can they be both limited and not limited.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Stl_ben wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:Maybe the bolts aren't limited.....just available in limited capacity and limited areas from the RRS...
Then those circumstances that you listed make them limited....how can they be both limited and not limited.
I think that they are probably limited. Even if they aren't but only available at the RRS, they are limited as Ben said. Just like the tour singles only available at shows. Unlimited quantities, only available at limited places/dates
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

most tri colors are limited to 150
white stripe tri colors are limited to 300
jack white tri colors are limited to 300

most LTD (split color, etc) LP's are limited to 300
White Stripes split colors are limited to 500
Jack white split colors are limited to ??????

i'm gonna guess 500, but 300 is possible.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

arewhyehen wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
I think that they are probably limited. Even if they aren't but only available at the RRS, they are limited as Ben said. Just like the tour singles only available at shows. Unlimited quantities, only available at limited places/dates
That's what I was trying to say. Just available like the tour singles but only a small number at each event.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

chrono_1980 wrote:
I guess the economics aren't that importat to Jack. Doin it for the fans - awesome! I'm finally gonna find the RRS... Hopefully!
Don't think the economics were ever really a consideration with the RRS. It's not like they wouldn't sell out of the tris and bolts if they sold them in Nashville. It's a great marketing tool and a great way to show some love to fans who can't make it to Nashville. Good luck today!

Now, if they're planning on taking the RRS through the mountains between Denver and LA, that's defying the odds. Given its less than stellar mechanical history we should probably all take a moment to say a quick prayer for it.
tigerj67
Little Cream Soda

Post by tigerj67 »

Do you think we have seen the last distribution of the "Lightning Bolt" edition based on the RRS last tweet,"@ThirdmanRRS: Thanks to everyone who came out to visit the truck on this trip. We had a blast--hope y'all love your new records!" If so this might give us an idea of the number available?
TheButcher
Little Bird

Post by TheButcher »

Select tour locales got 20 first come first served bolts. I got one in Denver when I
Happened upon the RRS and bshow about 5 minutes before the tweet went out. My kid and myself got the show of our lives. I would say 500 in existence would be a reasonable number. If someone loves to research
Find...how many shows got bolt blunderbuss...multiply by 20?! I
Don't think any overseas shows got any? Australia or UK?