Sixteen Saltines single - TMR-135

Love interruption --->
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Sixteen Saltines single - TMR-135

Post by rsimms3 »

Ordered and shipped today, #44888.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

So I finally got to sit down tonight to spin this a few times. First off: "Sixteen Saltines" just makes me that much more excited for the album; I think it burns and crackles hard and the band kicks major ass on this. As a music lover and a songwriter, I have always felt that heartache/sadness/anger/pain can produce amazing art. And if "LI" + "16S" + (by extension) this single's B-side are any indication, I honestly would not be surprised at all if Blunderbuss ends up being one of Jack's truly career-defining albums.

Which leads me to . . . his vocal performance on "Love Is Blindness." Oh my God . . . I listened to it a few times because I could not get over how stunning and heartfelt and anguished his singing is. The guy isn't just one of the greatest guitarists I've ever seen, he's also one of the best singers I've ever ever heard. Listening to this song reminded me (and I needed it, believe me) that tri's and limited editions and $10 for 4 guitar picks are fun and cool and all, but it's all ridiculously superfluous when you simply listen to the music.

Great single, plain and simple.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

How many are comparing the LIB vinyl to the actual CD release? It does not sound that different to me, yes the vinyl sound "warmer" but I can't hear any difference in the mix. The streams were/are awful. As for the song, it's U2 track of course it is awesome.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

arewhyehen wrote:
shteev wrote:order #44820
Did you get shipping confirmation on your order??

Has anyone gotten any more shipping confirmations on any of their orders recently or are they waiting until the 20th like it says on the site?
arewhyehen wrote:Still no shipping confirmation for my Order 44178.

I thought I ordered pretty quick when it went up. Anyone else in this situation? I know a bunch have already had it shipped and had later Order numbers.
Order# 44597, site still lists it as 'payment received' not 'shipped' and still no shipping confirmation (gee, imagine that, lol) so, I guess I'm in the same boat as others have gotten shipping notices with later order numbers than the number I have... it's cool though, my LI was the same way, as long as it shows up I'll be happy :)
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

jrfhoutx wrote: Order# 44597, site still lists it as 'payment received' not 'shipped' and still no shipping confirmation (gee, imagine that, lol) so, I guess I'm in the same boat as others have gotten shipping notices with later order numbers than the number I have... it's cool though, my LI was the same way, as long as it shows up I'll be happy :)
Haha, ya I agree. I'm just getting excited with all the reviews and it will still be 1-2 weeks once they ship it until I get it here.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Just listened to Love is Blindness for the first time. Fuck me, what a smack in the face.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

love_islander wrote:Just listened to Love is Blindness for the first time. Fuck me, what a smack in the face.
Yup.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

That song is right up there in the list of The Best Things Jack Has Ever Done.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

arewhyehen wrote:
jrfhoutx wrote: Order# 44597, site still lists it as 'payment received' not 'shipped' and still no shipping confirmation (gee, imagine that, lol) so, I guess I'm in the same boat as others have gotten shipping notices with later order numbers than the number I have... it's cool though, my LI was the same way, as long as it shows up I'll be happy :)
Haha, ya I agree. I'm just getting excited with all the reviews and it will still be 1-2 weeks once they ship it until I get it here.
I hate customs.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Got my single yesterday. Sounds so good. Wasn't sure about it when I heard the version online, but I dig it now. Really love that he put "Love is Blindness" as the b-side. That track gives me chills.

Asked TMR what they planned to do with tris. She had no idea she said, but I highly doubt that. :roll:

Also said that the misspelling on the record was intentional.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?!?!?!? ;) :lol:
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

curseofhalos wrote:Asked TMR what they planned to do with tris. She had no idea she said, but I highly doubt that. :roll:
She probably meant she has no idea how many will be available on RSD.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
curseofhalos wrote:Asked TMR what they planned to do with tris. She had no idea she said, but I highly doubt that. :roll:
I doubt that. I think they'll be out before that.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
Or it could be that the last time they said something about when tris would be sold it caused all sorts of pandimonium because it was the wrong date so they decided to leave well enough alone.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
switch5150
Little Bird

Post by switch5150 »

Got my copy from jwiii.com today. No tri...sad face. Now I have dueling black copies battling for my love.
I apologize for nothing!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

So jealous of all you guys. Still no shipping confirmation and I ordered within the first hour of the first day for pre orders :(