Sixteen Saltines single - TMR-135

Love interruption --->
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Sixteen Saltines single - TMR-135

Post by arewhyehen »

richardcosta wrote:I heard only 150. you sure? 300?
When I was at URP before the chattanooga show a few weeks ago, the guy who hand presses them all said that he just finished pressing 300 tris of jacks new single (which ended up being SS) and it took him something like 54 hours I think he said because they have to cut all the pucks into thirds and line them up and press...

I guess this is why they've only done one tri in the vault..
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

The catalog page says 300.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

Got my SS singles yesterday. No TRI :x . Thats not a surprise. I wonder if anyone at TMR will tell us what the deal is with the two different spellings. TRI or no TRI I am loving this record!! Good luck to anyone who hasn't received their order yet.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

gdm wrote:Got my SS singles yesterday. No TRI :x . Thats not a surprise. I wonder if anyone at TMR will tell us what the deal is with the two different spellings. TRI or no TRI I am loving this record!! Good luck to anyone who hasn't received their order yet.
Ohhh ohhhh!! That's good news for me then. I still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation but maybe I will get mine since I'm in Ontario as well :)
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

arewhyehen wrote:
gdm wrote:Got my SS singles yesterday. No TRI :x . Thats not a surprise. I wonder if anyone at TMR will tell us what the deal is with the two different spellings. TRI or no TRI I am loving this record!! Good luck to anyone who hasn't received their order yet.
Ohhh ohhhh!! That's good news for me then. I still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation but maybe I will get mine since I'm in Ontario as well :)
Sorry Ryan. I had these shipped to my friends house in Niagara Falls NY. One of the perks of living in a boarder town. Still might be a little while yet for you.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

:cry:
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

arewhyehen wrote::cry:
LoL. Sorry. :)
Hawkeye
Little Bird

Post by Hawkeye »

Just got mine today... TRI First time I have ever hit the TMR lottery. Needless to say, very, very excited.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Still no shopping confirmation here...
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

just showed up today, finally. no tri, but even so, these songs kick ass... played it a few times before I had to go in to work today...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Hawkeye wrote:Just got mine today... TRI First time I have ever hit the TMR lottery. Needless to say, very, very excited.
CONGRATS!!!
Never trust a hippy
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

hawkeye?

is this how hawke is taking a break from here? lol jk

congrats
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

Black hat white shoes and I'm red allover
A reference to his time with The Stripes?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Can't remember the magazine or when it took place (post-Elephant, I think?), but there's an old interview in which the Stripes color scheme came up, as it always did. Jack told the interviewer a joke that he'd thought up that morning-- "What's black, white, and red all over?" The interviewer guessed "A newspaper?", and Jack apparently cracked up and said "No, my brain". That line in 16 Saltines always reminds me of that.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

TheHen0 wrote:
Black hat white shoes and I'm red allover
A reference to his time with The Stripes?
More likely a reference to the joke "What's black, white, and 'read' all over?" since he sings "Every morning I deliver the news" in the line before that.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom