Jack White III Solo Album Blunderbuss

Love interruption --->
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Re: Jack White III Solo Album Blunderbuss

Post by DBCooper »

kalv04 wrote:Well no announcement yet....anyone going to TMR tomorrow in hopes of a special release?
maybe he wanted this one to be about music instead of flare. the way its supposed to be
That can go now.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I was talking to Ben Swank while I was waiting in line at the RRS on Saturday and he seemed very excited for the limited release for the new jack album. He would not say anything about it but only that it was something new and there would not be any available for the release today. From what I got while talking to him he said it will be awhile before the limited release is out, and they plan on doing something in awhile with jack and release it then. That's just what I got from him hinting at things so who knows.

Thank god they waited on this and let us save money after a very busy few days....and months..
kalv04
Little Acorn

Post by kalv04 »

DBCooper wrote:
kalv04 wrote:Well no announcement yet....anyone going to TMR tomorrow in hopes of a special release?
maybe he wanted this one to be about music instead of flare. the way its supposed to be
A Jack White release with no flare? Well that'd be like a DBCooper post with no childish sarcasm. :lol:
"Bye Snookums!" -nickboat
DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

kalv04 wrote:
DBCooper wrote:
A Jack White release with no flare? Well that'd be like a DBCooper post with no childish sarcasm. :lol:
maybe he should put on the sleeve "Thank You Black Crowes for the Inspiration" because ive already heard this album by them.
That can go now.
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

I'm diggin' the Rhodes.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

DBCooper wrote:
kalv04 wrote:
DBCooper wrote:
maybe he should put on the sleeve "Thank You Black Crowes for the Inspiration" because ive already heard this album by them.
wow. someone actually listens to the black crowes?!
he is everything i hate...
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

TheHen0 wrote:I'm diggin' the Rhodes.
First thing I've heard out of you that I agree with.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

elduderino wrote:
DBCooper wrote:
kalv04 wrote:
DBCooper wrote:
A friend of mine is a professional music writer; and while we don't completely share the same likes, he does have damn good taste in music. He has been at Black Crowes rehearsals, private parties, and intimate gigs since nearly the start of their career and has repeatedly tried to convince me they're a great band. I've never been convinced, but I respect his opinion. They might be a great band, but I can tolerate hearing maybe two of their songs. (But I admit they ain't anywhere near my wheelhouse.)

That being said, with all due respect to Coop: I don't hear it.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

woodisgood wrote:
elduderino wrote:
DBCooper wrote:
kalv04 wrote:
DBCooper wrote:
A friend of mine is a professional music writer; and while we don't completely share the same likes, he does have damn good taste in music. He has been at Black Crowes rehearsals, private parties, and intimate gigs since nearly the start of their career and has repeatedly tried to convince me they're a great band. I've never been convinced, but I respect his opinion. They might be a great band, but I can tolerate hearing maybe two of their songs. (But I admit they ain't anywhere near my wheelhouse.)

That being said, with all due respect to Coop: I don't hear it.
you could've saved a lot of words by just typing "they suck and so does douchebagcooper".

also, black crows saw the rolling stones once and thought, "hey, let's do THAT!".
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Not sure why everyone keeps comparing the Black Crowes to Blunderbuss, The Rolling Stones, etc. Granted I haven't listened to their studio albums but live they are more like jam bands in the vein of Phish. Some of their songs will drone on for 20+ minutes. Zzzzzz.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

rsimms3 wrote:Not sure why everyone keeps comparing the Black Crowes to Blunderbuss, The Rolling Stones, etc. Granted I haven't listened to their studio albums but live they are more like jam bands in the vein of Phish. Some of their songs will drone on for 20+ minutes. Zzzzzz.
man, that would suck. how many times during those 20 minute jams do the lead singer and rhythm guitarist get into fights?
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

elduderino wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Not sure why everyone keeps comparing the Black Crowes to Blunderbuss, The Rolling Stones, etc. Granted I haven't listened to their studio albums but live they are more like jam bands in the vein of Phish. Some of their songs will drone on for 20+ minutes. Zzzzzz.
man, that would suck. how many times during those 20 minute jams do the lead singer and rhythm guitarist get into fights?
2+
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
blublood1013
Little Cream Soda

Post by blublood1013 »

I can't quit listening to it!!! F*@k'n Awesome!!!
Doing what 2 people need is never on the menu
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

http://pitchfork.com/news/46315-watch-j ... rt-report/

"In other Jack White news, he's on track to have his first ever Billboard number one album with Blunderbuss. (Nope, the White Stripes never had a number one.)"

That's pretty damn awesome.