Jack White III Solo Album Blunderbuss

Love interruption --->
dunedin
Little Ghost

Re: Jack White III Solo Album Blunderbuss

Post by dunedin »

love_islander wrote:Got my shipping confirmation from TMR this morning.
Me too. I knew it was a mistake ordering other records with the album. I expect it will arrive on Wednesday.
kalv04
Little Acorn

Post by kalv04 »

Well no announcement yet....anyone going to TMR tomorrow in hopes of a special release?
"Bye Snookums!" -nickboat
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Jettkoral wrote:What inserts were in your albums? I got lyric shert, download card, and black sleeve
Why would you think anyone else got anything different?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

Kali Durga wrote: I've heard, though, that leaving shrinkwrap on album sleeves can eventually end up making the record warp. Dunno how true that is, though.
Load of BS if you ask me... I have a double LP by the Ink Spots, from the mid 60's (I believe, and shrink wrap first started being used in the early '60s) that was still sealed in the shrink when I bought it, neither LP is warped, and I have a first press of Pearl Jam's Vitalogy ('94) that's still in the shrink, if I lay it on a table it's still flat, no warps, same with the still sealed Kenny Rogers Greatest hits LP I have from the '80s . Shrink wrap doesn't continue to shrink, it simply shrinks when heat is applied to it... kinda like heat shrink tubing. If anything were to warp a record, it would be the heat applied to the packaging when the shrink wrap is being applied, therefore the record would be warped no matter how long you left it sealed because it was warped from the get go...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

jrfhoutx wrote:
Kali Durga wrote: I've heard, though, that leaving shrinkwrap on album sleeves can eventually end up making the record warp. Dunno how true that is, though.
Load of BS if you ask me... I have a double LP by the Ink Spots, from the mid 60's (I believe, and shrink wrap first started being used in the early '60s) that was still sealed in the shrink when I bought it, neither LP is warped, and I have a first press of Pearl Jam's Vitalogy ('94) that's still in the shrink, if I lay it on a table it's still flat, no warps, same with the still sealed Kenny Rogers Greatest hits LP I have from the '80s . Shrink wrap doesn't continue to shrink, it simply shrinks when heat is applied to it... kinda like heat shrink tubing. If anything were to warp a record, it would be the heat applied to the packaging when the shrink wrap is being applied, therefore the record would be warped no matter how long you left it sealed because it was warped from the get go...
I opened a sealed copy of porter wagoners soul of a convict, and it's not warped at all. I still have a few of his sealed and they're fine as well
in fact there's a store here that basically only sells sealed old records. none warped
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

kalv04 wrote:Well no announcement yet....anyone going to TMR tomorrow in hopes of a special release?
I was thinking about it, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the special release was sold at the Detroit matinee show tomorrow...
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Couple people at TMR on RSD heard or at least the rumor was going around, that the special release is to be sold later on. Either on a break in tour or once the tour is over.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Kali Durga wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:What inserts were in your albums? I got lyric shert, download card, and black sleeve
Well...
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Jettkoral wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
Well...
Well what?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Couple people at TMR on RSD heard or at least the rumor was going around, that the special release is to be sold later on. Either on a break in tour or once the tour is over.
i asked one of the girls working if there was going to be a "special release for blunderbuss on tuesday". she said "all our records have special releases, but no... not on tuesday."
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Hip (Eponymous) Poor Boy reminds me so much of Jacks coke commercial i LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! :D
houses are full of things that gather dust
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Melon wrote:Hip (Eponymous) Poor Boy reminds me so much of Jacks coke commercial i LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! :D
would love to hear that on vinyl actually...
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

hawke000 wrote:
Melon wrote:Hip (Eponymous) Poor Boy reminds me so much of Jacks coke commercial i LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! :D
would love to hear that on vinyl actually...
one sided vault picture disc 7".. I would love that.
houses are full of things that gather dust
coldsoup
Little Cream Soda

Post by coldsoup »

Stl_ben wrote:So who was waiting to here the album on release day then was forced to hear TMR play it all day yesterday.. Hopefully no one but that was a funny scenario I was thinking about. That is all.
Oddly I was.
...if you can hear a piano fall...
JoseyWales
Little Acorn

Post by JoseyWales »

coldsoup wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:So who was waiting to here the album on release day then was forced to hear TMR play it all day yesterday.. Hopefully no one but that was a funny scenario I was thinking about. That is all.
Oddly I was.
Same